Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2019

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2019

Postby zedman » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:53 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
carey wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Q. wrote:Heard amateur league icon Fenners had his jaw broken in a king hit by Bennett?

Brayden Bennett?

Yep. Apparently king hit directly in front of the camera filming the game likely to have the operation tonight. 2 plates and screws likely to be inserted

Fair to say we haven’t heard the end of this one.

It was hard to pick up initially as it wasn't in a scuffle and there was niggle between the two, but yeah, it doesn't look good for him.

yeah i coudnt see it initially, just the aftermath, but when you slow the frames down you clearly see him go bang..fenners is a top lad as well..very disappointing to see..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1078 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:02 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
LovesHisFooty wrote:https://dartfi.sh/MWM4i8kiTSk

92 minute mark?

8-10 games. See ya pal.

See ya? Has he had games before? I can't recall seeing him in the naughty corner previously.

Lol I meant “see ya” as in you’re getting games - don’t know about prior record.

I must admit when I first saw it posted that it was him I was a little surprised - seems quite out of character.. but I guess everyone at some point has a brain snap.

He’s so intengral to the Lakes side (well has been in the past), hard to see them going deep in finals without him.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3190 times
Been liked: 3990 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:06 am

Quite frankly, if this doesn't get life the League and Tribunal really need to re-evaluate their penalties.

12 games. If he pisses off for five years and behaves himself the League can consider re-registering him a la Callum Hay.

Punching someone looking the other direction, behind play. What possible basis is there to give someone a second chance in those circumstances?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Dirty dog » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:52 am

What type brand model etc of cameras are used to film these games each week. Looking at getting 1 for our club but have zero idea where to start. We want to use it for coaching purposes, any help would be appreciated.
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:09 am

A couple of things come to mind watching the game a bit.

1: The Units look like they need to get out on the track more, it made my feet itchy.
2: Fair set of mutton chops the ump has going on.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4343 times
Been liked: 7920 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:56 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:A couple of things come to mind watching the game a bit.

1: The Units look like they need to get out on the track more, it made my feet itchy.

Don't know if they had an off day, but they look a very average outfit with some lazy footballers.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:57 am

Dirty dog wrote:What type brand model etc of cameras are used to film these games each week. Looking at getting 1 for our club but have zero idea where to start. We want to use it for coaching purposes, any help would be appreciated.

Maybe contact dartfish direct, they'd be able to help.

As someone that used to tape games a fair bit - even your tiny little sony camcorder at $200 did the trick. Could possibly even pick one up cheaper on marketplace or scumtree
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:57 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:A couple of things come to mind watching the game a bit.

Don't know if they had an off day, but they look a very average outfit with some lazy footballers.

I like their red jumpers though

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:00 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I like their red jumpers though

I do too actually haha! It's good to see something slightly different than the same old Dogs style.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:02 pm

The Bedge wrote:

I know they have a fair few out atm but yeah, they appeared very lazy, not many second efforts.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:06 pm

jo172 wrote:Quite frankly, if this doesn't get life the League and Tribunal really need to re-evaluate their penalties.

12 games. If he pisses off for five years and behaves himself the League can consider re-registering him a la Callum Hay.

Punching someone looking the other direction, behind play. What possible basis is there to give someone a second chance in those circumstances?

Agreed.

From memory there was one last year where 2 blokes had a scrap off the ball. Player A hit player B, and got 4 weeks, player B returned fire and got 10 because his punch broke player A's eye socket.

In this instance you have a similar level of impact, plus the fact there is no defence of provocation. Has to be at least a couple more than 10, which basically only leaves 12 (life).
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:09 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I know they have a fair few out atm but yeah, they appeared very lazy, not many second efforts.

Don't need talent to put in some effort.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Dirty dog » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:21 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Dirty dog wrote:What type brand model etc of cameras are used to film these games each week. Looking at getting 1 for our club but have zero idea where to start. We want to use it for coaching purposes, any help would be appreciated.

As someone that used to tape games a fair bit - even your tiny little sony camcorder at $200 did the trick. Could possibly even pick one up cheaper on marketplace or scumtree

Thanks FC. I think we will go with a entry level jobbie for now. Plenty on Scumtree to get us started for bugger all.
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:26 pm

Dirty dog wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Thanks FC. I think we will go with a entry level jobbie for now. Plenty on Scumtree to get us started for bugger all.

Pleasure, just make sure it has decent zoooooom ;)

Footy Chick

Postby LovesHisFooty » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:51 pm

A suburban footballer whose punch has left an opponent in hospital with a broken jaw says he is “ashamed” by his actions.

Mawson Lakes player Brayden Bennett will front the Adelaide Footy League’s tribunal tonight charged with striking Central United’s Nathan Fenwick during the clubs’ division six game at Mawson Lakes Oval on Saturday.

Fenwick, a 300-game Bulldogs veteran who is also the club’s football director, has been in the Royal Adelaide Hospital since midday yesterday and is undergoing surgery to repair his jaw today.

Bennett told Messenger Community News he did not want sympathy and was sorry to Fenwick and his family.

“I’m ashamed by it, to be honest,” Bennett said.

“It’s not how I want to conduct myself as a person.

“I just want to apologise to Nathan and his family.

“I spoke to him after the game and apologised to him then as well.

“He said he was sore and I didn’t realise that he was as bad as he was.

“I don’t want to walk onto a footy field and do that to a bloke — it’s not the reason I play footy.

“I just hope he’s able to get back to work and his family life as quickly as he can, and also get back to playing footy as soon as possible.”

Umpires did not report Bennett on the day but Central United brought the incident, which was captured on video, to the league’s attention today.

Central United president Lauri Haronen would not comment about the matter but said Fenwick was feeling “hungry” because he was unable to eat solids.

Haronen said Fenwick, a line marker by trade, could not work at the moment and might not be able to play again this season.

League chief executive John Kernahan did not want to comment before tonight’s tribunal hearing.
LovesHisFooty
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:52 pm

Nice to see what would seem like genuine remorse rather than playing the "grand northern conspiracy" or "it's a man's game" or "it was an accident" or "he started it" cards.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:08 pm

Best part of that article and bit that has me giggling “Fenwick is hungry..” :lol: :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:44 pm

jo172 wrote:Nice to see what would seem like genuine remorse rather than playing the "grand northern conspiracy" or "it's a man's game" or "it was an accident" or "he started it" cards.

They would’ve played a bit of a cricket against each other too, Fenners is a top bloke and I’d imagine Brayden would be feeling pretty shit, he’s a good lad himself.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Big Shrek » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:47 pm

Broken jaw, wasn’t the most forceful looking punch, not looking at him when he threw it:8-10 in my view.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby carey » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:31 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:Broken jaw, wasn’t the most forceful looking punch, not looking at him when he threw it:8-10 in my view.

I’ve sent him at least 2-3 messages and some phone calls with the line ‘glass jaw’ being used! :lol:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2799 times
Been liked: 2987 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League