Is Wentworth on Netflix?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Re: Netflix

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:42 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Is Wentworth on Netflix?

no
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby David Brent » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:18 am

Anyone watched or watching "When they see us"?

I'm two episodes in & loving it. Intense real story line but even better acting especially from the young actors. Can't wait to finish it.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:26 am

David Brent wrote:Anyone watched or watching "When they see us"?

I'm two episodes in & loving it. Intense real story line but even better acting especially from the young actors. Can't wait to finish it.
Saw it, great viewing.
Just incredibly sad.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:07 pm

Started the second season of Happy! Gee this may be one of the weirder shows I’ve watched. Very good though
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:33 pm

HH3 wrote:Watched the "Be Right Back" episode last night. Pretty good. Good performances for the most part.

Got about 10 mins into the next one, "White Bear", and switched it off. That was terrible. Will probably skip it.

"White Bear" is one my favorite Black Mirror episodes, but I think you you've got to stick with it for more than 10 minutes, as there's a twist in the story. "Shut Up and Dance" is also an awesome episode with a haunting ending, as is "San Junipero", which has a story with a lot more warmth.

The last batch of Black Mirror episodes were pretty good IMO. The first one ('Striking Vipers') was pretty thought provoking, the second one ("Smithereens") the most gripping, and the Miley Cyrus one the most disappointing. All better than the 'Bandersnatch' experiment from late last year, though - despite all the chatter about it how revolutionary it was, I note there's no rush to make choose-your-own adventure TV shows or movies.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:38 pm

Magellan wrote:
HH3 wrote:Watched the "Be Right Back" episode last night. Pretty good. Good performances for the most part.

Got about 10 mins into the next one, "White Bear", and switched it off. That was terrible. Will probably skip it.

"White Bear" is one my favorite Black Mirror episodes, but I think you you've got to stick with it for more than 10 minutes, as there's a twist in the story. "Shut Up and Dance" is also an awesome episode with a haunting ending, as is "San Junipero", which has a story with a lot more warmth.

The last batch of Black Mirror episodes were pretty good IMO. The first one ('Striking Vipers') was pretty thought provoking, the second one ("Smithereens") the most gripping, and the Miley Cyrus one the most disappointing. All better than the 'Bandersnatch' experiment from late last year, though - despite all the chatter about it how revolutionary it was, I note there's no rush to make choose-your-own adventure TV shows or movies.

Stick with ‘white bear’ good twist....
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:39 pm

Magellan wrote:

Striking vipers was good but weird as! :lol:
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:46 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Magellan wrote:

It's the Black Mirror way to present material that f*cks with your brain!
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:59 pm

Magellan wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Magellan wrote:

It's the Black Mirror way to present material that f*cks with your brain!

Correct... black mirror is the first show I’ve watched where I’ve struggled to watch back to back episodes cause it messes with you so much :lol:
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:37 pm

I have enough people ****ing with my brain at work so I reckon I’ll give this show a pass to avoid visiting The Gap
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby HH3 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:47 pm

Finished White Bear.

It did get better, but still not that good. Mainly because I dont like watching a lady screaming non-stop for 23 minutes.

The "twist" was ok, but I worked the jist out before the reveal and it just seemed to drag.

Watching the Waldo one now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby LMA » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:32 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

no

You know why Rita Connors doesn't have to wear the prison issue trackies? It's annoying the shit out of me
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby JK » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:51 am

LMA wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

no

You know why Rita Connors doesn't have to wear the prison issue trackies? It's annoying the shit out of me

Lmao same here
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Magellan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:55 am

HH3 wrote:Finished White Bear.

It did get better, but still not that good. Mainly because I dont like watching a lady screaming non-stop for 23 minutes.

The "twist" was ok, but I worked the jist out before the reveal and it just seemed to drag.

Watching the Waldo one now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Fair enough. I think people either like or hate "White Bear". I recall the Waldo one being a pretty interesting episode.

If you haven't already, check out the "Shut Up and Dance" episode - I'm interested in what you think.
Magellan
Coach

Postby The Ash Man » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:20 am

LMA wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

no

I think its because she is not formally charged with anything yet so can wear civvies
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:01 pm

JK wrote:
Lmao same here

We haven't got fox back on yet and this missus is spewing about missing out on Wentworth, how far in is the season?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Ash Man » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:58 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:
Lmao same here

We haven't got fox back on yet and this missus is spewing about missing out on Wentworth, how far in is the season?

Ep5 was last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:03 pm

Twitter @unionlib

I have a friend who lives just outside Chernobyl in Ukraine. He watched that drama and said he counted 9 historical inaccuracies on one hand.

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby LMA » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:42 pm

The Ash Man wrote:
LMA wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

no

I think its because she is not formally charged with anything yet so can wear civvies

That leather jacket would be on the nose by now, time for the Greens.

Been a decent start this season
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment