ODI World Cup 2019

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Postby locky801 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:31 am

Fantastic win, some great bowling by Starc and Bernendorf sees us in easily

Eng all out 221

Starc 5 wickets

Berendorf 4 wickets
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3655 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby helicopterking » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:55 am

Serious Yorker that removed Stokes.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby northerner » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:27 am

helicopterking wrote:Serious Yorker that removed Stokes.

Nah Behrendorf got the 5fer. Great selection.
Even Stoinis did his role with the ball.
Some great fielding.

Now we get to watch india v england. The result helps us either way.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 431 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:24 am

Unfortunately England should still get through looking at the fixturing. They will most likely play India in the first final and Australia will probably play NZ.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 739 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby locky801 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:40 am

northerner wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Serious Yorker that removed Stokes.

Nah Behrendorf got the 5fer. Great selection.

sorry i was 3/4 asleep when i posted it ;) :D
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3655 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby batmanbegins » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:49 am

Way to good by the aussies and another disappointing performance when it really matters by us. Stokes is the only bloke that ever appears to relish these moments, the rest go missing. Starcs ball to get him was a beauty! In good news roy should be back saturday against india.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:06 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Unfortunately England should still get through looking at the fixturing. They will most likely play India in the first final and Australia will probably play NZ.

Don’t they finish the minor round against NZ and India? Certainly no guarantees in either game.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:42 am

The Bedge wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Unfortunately England should still get through looking at the fixturing. They will most likely play India in the first final and Australia will probably play NZ.

Don’t they finish the minor round against NZ and India? Certainly no guarantees in either game.

Yep, if the Pakis get up against the Kiwis tonight it sets up a belter between Pakistan and the Bangers for potentially a spot in the finals
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:11 am

Ive just seen the result.

Shock is an understatement.

Poms are goneski.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:34 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Ive just seen the result.

Shock is an understatement.

Poms are goneski.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Pakis play NZ tonight and then the Afghans before the Poms have their next game so could leap frog them
Jim05
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:37 am

No surprise we put in our best performance when we actually had 4 bowlers.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:41 am

Unless England completely shit the bed their last 2 games then their NRR should get them through. Sri Lanka are the real chance for mine if England didn’t make it. They have SA, WI and finish against India. By the time the last game comes round and India are entrenched at top spot, they’d surely rather play Sri Lanka than England in a Semi.
Last edited by LaughingKookaburra on Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 739 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:42 am

whufc wrote:No surprise we put in our best performance when we actually had 4 bowlers.

What’s this ‘we’ business, thought you were a Windies supporter?

#bandwagon
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:00 am

We finally got it right, well nearly.

Although Lyon didn't take a wicket or set the world on fire, you'd take less than 5 rpo for a spinner applying pressure, Behrendorf has been one of, if not "THE" best BBL bowler for a prolonged period, they both need to be in the XI along with Starc and Cummins. This allows the likes of Stoinis, NCN or Maxwell to just bowl to take wickets as the pressure is coming from the other end.

As a fellow Marsh-basher, I think he's a better prospect at 3 than Khawaja for ODI's, would've loved to have seen Trav cement his spot over the summer as he gives us that extra option for a few darts but that wasn't to be.

It looks as though we have to play either Stoinis or NCN, the verdict is still out for that one, I think Zampa and Richardson can work on their cordial ratio's for the remainder of the tour.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:08 am

Brodlach wrote:
whufc wrote:No surprise we put in our best performance when we actually had 4 bowlers.

What’s this ‘we’ business, thought you were a Windies supporter?

#bandwagon

Im nor here nor there with either country. I'm Australian born but entire family were born in Jamaica so enjoy both countries.

After being a Centrals and West Ham supporter for 30 year surely allowed one bandwagon.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby RB » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:21 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:As a fellow Marsh-basher, I think he's a better prospect at 3 than Khawaja for ODI's, would've loved to have seen Trav cement his spot over the summer as he gives us that extra option for a few darts but that wasn't to be.

I'm still surprised they dropped Head. Surely his red ball form could have got him in. Would slot him in for Khawaja ATM, batting at 4 after Smith. If one of our openers got injured Khawaja could take their spot but there's not much point him coming in at 3 after 20 overs when Smith and Maxwell are waiting to bat, I say 20 overs because our opening partnerships have been huge; it would be a different story if our first wicket fell early.

Still wouldn't have S. Marsh in. His ODI form last year was a flash in the pan looking at his overall career, and he doesn't have what it takes under pressure.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:21 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Unless England completely shit the bed their last 2 games then their NRR should get them through. Sri Lanka are the real chance for mine if England didn’t make it. They have SA, WI and finish against India. By the time the last game comes round and India are entrenched at top spot, they’d surely rather play Sri Lanka than England in a Semi.

Pakis win tonight I can see them getting in with games against Afghanistan and Bangladesh to finish.
Although knowing Pakistan they are just as likely to beat the Kiwis and loose to the Afghans depending on the odds [emoji3]
Jim05
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:29 am

RB wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:As a fellow Marsh-basher, I think he's a better prospect at 3 than Khawaja for ODI's, would've loved to have seen Trav cement his spot over the summer as he gives us that extra option for a few darts but that wasn't to be.

I'm still surprised they dropped Head. Surely his red ball form could have got him in. Would slot him in for Khawaja ATM, batting at 4 after Smith. If one of our openers got injured Khawaja could take their spot but there's not much point him coming in at 3 after 20 overs when Smith and Maxwell are waiting to bat, I say 20 overs because our opening partnerships have been huge; it would be a different story if our first wicket fell early.

Still wouldn't have S. Marsh in. His ODI form last year was a flash in the pan looking at his overall career, and he doesn't have what it takes under pressure.

I agree with you mate, I'd prefer Head over the other two but he didn't take the bull by the horns when he was granted the opportunity, he failed miserably from a poor technique.

We have to make do with the squad we have.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby northerner » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:42 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
RB wrote:

I agree with you mate, I'd prefer Head over the other two but he didn't take the bull by the horns when he was granted the opportunity, he failed miserably from a poor technique.

I am not so concerned with Khawaja atm. With the excellent opening stands that the openers have put together, it isn't easy for those following who are genuine batsmen. When runs are needed with a bit of urgency, that is not ideal for Uzzie. However if (or when!) we lose an early wicket, I would be content with Uzzie coming out and building an innings. And if we are two down in a hurry, Uzzie and Smith would be trusted to resurrect the innings. Their worth will be apparent when the openers fail, not when they succeed as they are at present.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 431 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

ODI World Cup 2019

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:44 pm

northerner wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
RB wrote:

I am not so concerned with Khawaja atm. With the excellent opening stands that the openers have put together, it isn't easy for those following who are genuine batsmen. When runs are needed with a bit of urgency, that is not ideal for Uzzie. However if (or when!) we lose an early wicket, I would be content with Uzzie coming out and building an innings. And if we are two down in a hurry, Uzzie and Smith would be trusted to resurrect the innings. Their worth will be apparent when the openers fail, not when they succeed as they are at present.

The openers failed against the Windies and it took a tail ender to stop us being rolled for under 120. If we are 2 for bugger all I have zero confidence that Khawaja, Stoinis and Maxwell will make a run between them
Jim05
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket