11%
St Peters OC
13%
Tea Tree Gully
9%

Total votes : 54

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2019

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:15 pm

At several AdFL grounds including Henley the coaches boxes are a long way apart and the Interchange area is right in the middle quite a distance from the actual boxes (think Bice Oval Dutchy) so that can lead to communication issues between the personnel that should be monitoring the 10 minutes.

Plus there will often be multiple interchanges occur whilst the Carded player is off the ground so it can be a bit hard for both clubs to keep a track of whether the Carded player has returned to the field. The carded PD player may have come back on the ground without anyone from Henley really noticing regardless of whether the 10 mins had elapsed or not.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:43 pm

Lets just call it a draw and split the points... oh wait :D
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:48 pm

I assume one of the blokes in orange is the interchange steward.....wouldn't have a clue who is coming on and off for Districts

interchange.JPG
interchange.JPG (25.16 KiB) Viewed 3879 times
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:53 pm

Still cant believe more responsibility (blame) for this hasn't been placed on the player and the coach.. these two more than anyone would've/should've known the dealio.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:09 pm

That is more likely the MDO's in that picture. Not sure what Rosewater do but there is no need for a dedicated Interchange Steward now that all interchanges don't need to be recorded which they shouldn't have to be in this day and age of wholesale interchanges. It's a waste of a volunteer to have a dedicated person fill out the League supplied White Card for something that may not even happen in a given game.

The clubs should be conversant with the rules and Team Managers or someone else who has a role on the bench can easily manage this task. But no club should take it upon themselves as to when their player can return to the field and you should always get a nod or a thumbs up from the other bench to confirm they too are satisfied that the 10 minutes has elapsed. At least that's what we do.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:21 pm

Down the Hill wrote:That is more likely the MDO's in that picture. Not sure what Rosewater do but there is no need for a dedicated Interchange Steward now that all interchanges don't need to be recorded which they shouldn't have to be in this day and age of wholesale interchanges. It's a waste of a volunteer to have a dedicated person fill out the League supplied White Card for something that may not even happen in a given game.

The clubs should be conversant with the rules and Team Managers or someone else who has a role on the bench can easily manage this task. But no club should take it upon themselves as to when their player can return to the field and you should always get a nod or a thumbs up from the other bench to confirm they too are satisfied that the 10 minutes has elapsed. At least that's what we do.

There is another orange vest out of the picture towards the Districts bench who I assume is the Districts MDO which is why I assumed one of the other 2 is the Henley Interchange
I'm the team manager and also do interchange steward. so I hang out at the interchange box. I haven't had much to do this year in the way of writing down goal kickers, nor yellow or red cards .
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby oldman » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:07 pm

Let's stop passing the blame here. Every A grade player and coach know that a yellow card is 10 mins. Only the coach and players are responsible for interchanges between players. Pretty simple decision to be made on this regardless of the final score. Player kicked a goal when his 10 mins for a yellow card is still valid he should never have been put back on the field until after this time elapsed. Goal should not count as he can be seen on the video footage on the field and goaling. Also districts admitted wrong doing at half time as the player was then sat on the bench for the remained of that time which he didn't serve originally.

It's unfortunate that the game was decided the way of a draw if Henley had won or districts by more than a goal then so be it but this has had a direct impact on that result and the goal should be withdrawn.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:02 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:I assume one of the blokes in orange is the interchange steward.....wouldn't have a clue who is coming on and off for Districts

interchange.JPG

Youre big on grilling henley arent you :lol: every post u make is a bitter swipe at the sharks

Did we pump you in a granny or something

oldman wrote:Also districts admitted wrong doing at half time as the player was then sat on the bench for the remained of that time which he didn't serve originally.

Haha really? Well this niceness makes it all better, we love port districts as a partner club, they are genuine and a great entity

Unfortunately it seems the rules have been crossed, and we may benefit from it, but again we are just fully focused on smashing out some top shelf footy and staying in div 1 across the whole season and this is just 10 minutes of our season, we are focused on bigger picture of consistent hard arse footy. Xoxo
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:02 pm

Down the Hill wrote:That is more likely the MDO's in that picture. Not sure what Rosewater do but there is no need for a dedicated Interchange Steward now that all interchanges don't need to be recorded which they shouldn't have to be in this day and age of wholesale interchanges. It's a waste of a volunteer to have a dedicated person fill out the League supplied White Card for something that may not even happen in a given game.

Not quite true,

All Yellow and Red Cards need to be recorded
As well all Stretchers & Blood Rules ( Incase of report or investigation so a time line can be established)

Out Time Keeper advises Team managers when players can go back on as well as doing the interchange recording.
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:52 am

oldman wrote:Let's stop passing the blame here. Every A grade player and coach know that a yellow card is 10 mins. Only the coach and players are responsible for interchanges between players. Pretty simple decision to be made on this regardless of the final score. Player kicked a goal when his 10 mins for a yellow card is still valid he should never have been put back on the field until after this time elapsed. Goal should not count as he can be seen on the video footage on the field and goaling. Also districts admitted wrong doing at half time as the player was then sat on the bench for the remained of that time which he didn't serve originally.

It's unfortunate that the game was decided the way of a draw if Henley had won or districts by more than a goal then so be it but this has had a direct impact on that result and the goal should be withdrawn.

Should be a suspension of the player in question due to not removing himself from the playing surface for the adequate time when sent off. Ignoring the rules and re-joining the game early is not much different to refusing to leave the field of play in the first place.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby oldman » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:35 am

I wonder what the clubs not involved would think. With the ladder so tight for the top 5 you'd think SPOC, Goodwood and Brighton wouldn't be overly happy if they were to miss the finals by half a game.
oldman
Under 16s

Postby jo172 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:04 pm

I'm tending to think this is all a bit storm meet tea cup.

Yeah it's D1, yeah it would appear to have had the potential to alter the match, and perhaps consequentially the final 5.

Ultimately it's still amateur footy. Shit will at times happen for no other reason than accident.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:11 pm

jo172 wrote:I'm tending to think this is all a bit storm meet tea cup.

Yeah it's D1, yeah it would appear to have had the potential to alter the match, and perhaps consequentially the final 5.

Ultimately it's still amateur footy. Shit will at times happen for no other reason than accident.

Who cares about the top 5, it could well be the difference between Henley staying up or being relegated.. i mean they still need to close percentage gap on AU, and win games.. but not sure "shit happens" would make them feel better if they ended up in D2 off the back of this.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:29 pm

If a players comes back on early and doesn't kick a goal, would anyone know?
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 1433 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby jo172 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:44 pm

The Bedge wrote:
jo172 wrote:I'm tending to think this is all a bit storm meet tea cup.

Who cares about the top 5, it could well be the difference between Henley staying up or being relegated.. i mean they still need to close percentage gap on AU, and win games.. but not sure "shit happens" would make them feel better if they ended up in D2 off the back of this.

If you ended up with the view that this was what was responsible for you dropping down a division I can tell you that you've got far bigger problems, those problems being the ones that likely contributed to you dropping down a division.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:51 pm

Armchair expert wrote:If a players comes back on early and doesn't kick a goal, would anyone know?

Possibly not and that's the issue. I don't believe the fact that he kicked a goal is relevant. One could argue that the player who replaced him could have kicked the goal. If Port Districts are to be penalised I don't believe taking the goal off them is an appropriate penalty.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby oldman » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:20 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:If a players comes back on early and doesn't kick a goal, would anyone know?

Possibly not and that's the issue. I don't believe the fact that he kicked a goal is relevant. One could argue that the player who replaced him could have kicked the goal. If Port Districts are to be penalised I don't believe taking the goal off them is an appropriate penalty.

I'm sure the powers to be will make the correct decision. My thoughts are the only suitable penalty is to disallow the goal as that's the only outcome which is fair to Henley who are the innocent victim I'm this case.
oldman
Under 16s

Postby Trader » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:31 pm

oldman wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

I'm sure the powers to be will make the correct decision. My thoughts are the only suitable penalty is to disallow the goal as that's the only outcome which is fair to Henley who are the innocent victim I'm this case.

Please, Henley are the home team and have failed to provide a suitable interchange steward who was able to execute the duties of the role.

Henley should be fined by the league and have all future home games moved to a neutral venue until such time that the sharks are able to prove they have addressed the issue at hand. Furthermore, Henley should be required to issue a written apology to Port Districts for dragging them into this mess.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby marbles » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:47 pm

Trader wrote:
oldman wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Please, Henley are the home team and have failed to provide a suitable interchange steward who was able to execute the duties of the role.

Henley should be fined by the league and have all future home games moved to a neutral venue until such time that the sharks are able to prove they have addressed the issue at hand. Furthermore, Henley should be required to issue a written apology to Port Districts for dragging them into this mess.

Bahahaha nice vent, did we pump u in a grand final too :lol:
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby jo172 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:48 pm

Accepting that it's amateur footy and that shit will from time to time happen also seems likely.

By all means learn from it and improve the processes, but this wouldn't strike me as a crisis worthy of any intervention*

*unless there was some kind of deliberate mal-intent on the part of the Club/Yellow Carded player
jo172
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League