AFL 2019 season

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL 2019 season

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:26 pm

Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:Is this the same goose who has had about eight possessions in his last eight quarters? Another Essendon marshmellow WGAF..

regards,

REB

Doesn't play for Geelong = poo.

Just as well. Doesn't get a kick.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:36 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:Is this the same goose who has had about eight possessions in his last eight quarters? Another Essendon marshmellow WGAF..

regards,

REB

regards,

REB

Shouldn’t have played the last 2 weeks.
Was brought back too early and should never have travelled to Perth
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:03 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:

regards,

REB

regards,

REB

Neither does Gary Rohan and he's the recruit of the year. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Bandit » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:26 pm

Why do teams even bother naming positions in their thursday released lineups?
This week geelong has Miers (back pocket), Danger (wing), Hawkins (flank), Bews (full forward). Crows have Keath (ctr half forward).
Why are they taking the p155 with this? Just name it correctly.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby MW » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:27 pm

You honestly don't know why?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Bandit » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:30 pm

MW wrote:You honestly don't know why?

First goal betting? They're not fooling anyone though are they.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:43 pm

Bandit wrote:Why do teams even bother naming positions in their thursday released lineups?
This week geelong has Miers (back pocket), Danger (wing), Hawkins (flank), Bews (full forward). Crows have Keath (ctr half forward).

When it comes to Geelong, their 4th listed emergency will end up starting on the ball, it's big business and they are top, if it's working for them well fair enough, I can see why clubs do it but on the same token the same opposition players are going to go to who they researched all week.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby marbles » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:04 pm

Bandit wrote:Why do teams even bother naming positions in their thursday released lineups?

is it Irish round
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:31 pm

Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:

regards,

REB

regards,

REB

Neither does Gary Rohan and he's the recruit of the year. ;)

Damm straight. ☺️
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Bandit » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:38 pm

Gold Coast to apply for a priority pick at start of draft.
I think they should get it but it wont help them long term. I see W Carey suggested giving them the pick and then forcing them to trade it for a star player, that sounds like making up rules as you go.
The only way for that club to have success is for them to have better player retention, perhaps they could draft/recruit with that in mind, i.e perhaps passing over a more talented player for someone percieved to be more loyal (risky though).
Realistically how will they ever be successful? Its not like the NBA where you can trade in 3 blokes and turn the side around completely.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:46 pm

Bandit wrote:Gold Coast to apply for a priority pick at start of draft.
I think they should get it but it wont help them long term. I see W Carey suggested giving them the pick and then forcing them to trade it for a star player, that sounds like making up rules as you go.
The only way for that club to have success is for them to have better player retention, perhaps they could draft/recruit with that in mind, i.e perhaps passing over a more talented player for someone percieved to be more loyal (risky though).
Realistically how will they ever be successful? Its not like the NBA where you can trade in 3 blokes and turn the side around completely.

It's a problem the AFL won't admit they've got.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:46 pm

That only worked for so long, I can't believe how much they struggle retaining players, it should be the destination club for many young blokes, who wouldn't want to live on the Gold Coast in your early 20's?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:47 pm

Booney wrote:

Surely you just cut your losses and give them the arse and focus on a Tassie team?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:48 pm

The chatter last night was they look to be getting pick 1 and possibly pick 2 as a priority. Two of the best talents in the draft are very good mates and if they could get both it might help retain them. There was a school of thought last year that Brisbane getting Lincoln McCarthy helped them land Lachie Neale as they are very good Mates.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:50 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

That only worked for so long, I can't believe how much they struggle retaining players, it should be the destination club for many young blokes, who wouldn't want to live on the Gold Coast in your early 20's?

I’d presume most of this young blokes don’t want to do the hard yards and play for a rabble despite the attraction of living on the Gold Coast. If they were semi competitive and maybe were a middle of the road side they would have more luck retaining players but there is absolutely no light at the end of the tunnel in sight for the Suns. Can see them being bottom 2 for many years to come
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:51 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:

The chatter last night was they look to be getting pick 1 and possibly pick 2 as a priority. Two of the best talents in the draft are very good mates and if they could get both it might help retain them. There was a school of thought last year that Brisbane getting Lincoln McCarthy helped them land Lachie Neale as they are very good Mates.

Weren’t Lukosius and Rankine mates?
Plenty of talk Lukosius will walk ASAP
Jim05
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:52 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:

Surely you just cut your losses and give them the arse and focus on a Tassie team?

While Tasmania would perhaps be a better fit financially it doesn't ensure the side gets better on the ground.

18 clubs is two to many, the talent is spread too thin and the standard of footy today shows that. Although the Cats coach reckons the skills "are better than ever", lol, maybe at training!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:53 pm

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:

While Tasmania would perhaps be a better fit financially it doesn't ensure the side gets better on the ground.

18 clubs is two to many, the talent is spread too thin and the standard of footy today shows that. Although the Cats coach reckons the skills "are better than ever", lol, maybe at training!

And here is Gill the Dill looking at increasing it to 20 sides in the next few years
Jim05
Coach

Postby David Brent » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:55 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:

I don't think the AFL should dish out priority picks in the first round. It compromises teams like the Crows who did that deal with Carlton last year knowing if they finish last they get pick 1. Completely unfair then the AFL decides to give pick 1 to the GC. You would be filthy & very hesitant to trade for future first round picks in the future.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:56 pm

David Brent wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:

I don't think the AFL should dish out priority picks in the first round. It compromises teams like the Crows who did that deal with Carlton last year knowing if they finish last they get pick 1. Completely unfair then the AFL decides to give pick 1 to the GC. You would be filthy & very hesitant to trade for future first round picks in the future.

**** Adelaide.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL