Port Adelaide 2019

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:26 am

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:
whufc wrote:First to admit I don't watch a whole lot of AFL but surely Fantasia is not worth a first rounder. If he is what the hell has happened to the AFL.

He'd be worth more than what was given up for Bryce Gibbs. Gotta pay overs a lot of the time. He's been in AA form the past two seasons at times, however his body would have to be of concern for any potential suitors. I think a first rounder is fair, but Dodoro will want 2 first rounders a Rolex and a gobby from the Queen

He's 23, ranks elite for goals ( 1.5 per game ) and tackles ( 3.3 per game ) and Robbie Gray is nearly 30.

A first rounder + probably a tall.

He is a poor mans Gary Rohan, 2nd rounder is all he is worth.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:50 am

Armchair expert wrote:
Booney wrote:
JK wrote:
whufc wrote:First to admit I don't watch a whole lot of AFL but surely Fantasia is not worth a first rounder. If he is what the hell has happened to the AFL.

He'd be worth more than what was given up for Bryce Gibbs. Gotta pay overs a lot of the time. He's been in AA form the past two seasons at times, however his body would have to be of concern for any potential suitors. I think a first rounder is fair, but Dodoro will want 2 first rounders a Rolex and a gobby from the Queen

He's 23, ranks elite for goals ( 1.5 per game ) and tackles ( 3.3 per game ) and Robbie Gray is nearly 30.

He is a poor mans Gary Rohan, 2nd rounder is all he is worth.

if he's a poor man's Gary Rohan you'd be lucky to get a bag of chips
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Bandit » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:53 am

Rohan and Fantasia would be about equal (in games they miss due to injury)
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby MW » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:13 pm

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

you'd need to back your PPT team in...injury prone
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:31 pm

MW wrote:you'd need to back your PPT team in...injury prone

Clean as a whistle out PPT team. :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby stan » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:26 pm

I can't seem him ending up at Port to be honest. The cost will be high and difficult as they would be dealing with Essendon again. They sort of got burnt last time they dealt with Essendon.

They gave up a 1st and 2nd rounder then had Ryder sit out a year with Monfries due to Essendons drug issues.

Kind of really got burnt there a bit.

I reckon Adelaide is more likely as they have a bit more to work with. Say a decent pick and perhaps a fringe player. Something Essendon need like an inside midfielder.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Port Adelaide 2019

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:39 pm

stan wrote:I can't seem him ending up at Port to be honest. The cost will be high and difficult as they would be dealing with Essendon again. They sort of got burnt last time they dealt with Essendon.

They gave up a 1st and 2nd rounder then had Ryder sit out a year with Monfries due to Essendons drug issues.

I reckon Adelaide is more likely as they have a bit more to work with. Say a decent pick and perhaps a fringe player. Something Essendon need like an inside midfielder.

Lol, we got burnt in that trade and the club has never forgotten it. Every dog has its day though and I’m sure in any future dealings with Port we will make them pay.
Fantasia has also knocked it on the head but if he does decide to leave with 2 years to run it will be on our terms
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby stan » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:51 pm

Jim05 wrote:
stan wrote:I can't seem him ending up at Port to be honest. The cost will be high and difficult as they would be dealing with Essendon again. They sort of got burnt last time they dealt with Essendon.

Lol, we got burnt in that trade and the club has never forgotten it. Every dog has its day though and I’m sure in any future dealings with Port we will make them pay.
Fantasia has also knocked it on the head but if he does decide to leave with 2 years to run it will be on our terms
Yeah sure Jim you guys got burnt lol, did well in my opinion to get the picks.

Can't see why he would be keen on a move back to SA at the moment. Port are going nowhere at the moment.

stan
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:55 pm

stan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Can't see why he would be keen on a move back to SA at the moment. Port are going nowhere at the moment.

Was still contracted and had top 10 picks offered by the Suns and GWS for him.
Was well unders at the time but once he chose Port they had us over the barrel due to the drug saga. As I said it hasn’t been forgotten by the club
Jim05
Coach

Postby carey » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:49 am

Like any of you know what goes on at AFL clubs lol :lol:

We’re all f**kwits posting on a forum that no one of any importance reads yet many on here think they’re journalists pfffft please give us a break
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Port Adelaide 2019

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:58 am

carey wrote:Like any of you know what goes on at AFL clubs lol :lol:

We’re all f**kwits posting on a forum that no one of any importance reads yet many on here think they’re journalists pfffft please give us a break

Except in this case they were direct quotes from club officials at club functions
Jim05
Coach

Postby stan » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:29 am

Jim05 wrote:
carey wrote:Like any of you know what goes on at AFL clubs lol [emoji38]

Except in this case they were direct quotes from club officials at club functions
Hopefully it's not the only thing they remember from the the 8 years. A few lessons learnt would be good.

stan
Coach

Postby LMA » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:08 am

Jim05 wrote:
carey wrote:Like any of you know what goes on at AFL clubs lol :lol:

Quotes like "I still to this date don't believe that anything banned was given to our players"
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby LMA » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:11 am

Jim05 wrote:
stan wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Was still contracted and had top 10 picks offered by the Suns and GWS for him.
Was well unders at the time but once he chose Port they had us over the barrel due to the drug saga. As I said it hasn’t been forgotten by the club

Every club had you over the barrel, no lube in sight that trade year
LMA
Coach

Postby stan » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:05 pm

Back to my point though, I don't think he'll end up at Port. If he came back to SA surely this would be the Crows. But in saying that I can't see him leaving Victoria at all.

Jim does have a point about the contracted part and paying overs, I'll pay that.

Still don't think he'll be back in SA anytime soon.

stan
Coach

Postby stan » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:07 pm

LMA wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Quotes like "I still to this date don't believe that anything banned was given to our players"
My point about this was hopefully they have learnt more from this than to hang onto the Ryder trade. Ok you think it wasn't banned what you have to your players but it's still not clear what it was. That's the concerning part.

stan
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:24 pm

stan wrote:
LMA wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

My point about this was hopefully they have learnt more from this than to hang onto the Ryder trade. Ok you think it wasn't banned what you have to your players but it's still not clear what it was. That's the concerning part.

Not saying that at all. A lot of bad mistakes were made and people rightly lost their jobs. It’s more the way that Ryder and Port went about it at the time.
Jim05
Coach

Postby stan » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:40 pm

Jim05 wrote:
stan wrote:
LMA wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="carey"]Like any of you know what goes on at AFL clubs lol [emoji38]

Not saying that at all. A lot of bad mistakes were made and people rightly lost their jobs. It’s more the way that Ryder and Port went about it at the time.[/quote]You still ended up with pick 17 (Langford) and pick 37(Traded for Cooney), so I think you did ok in the end.

Ryder was 26 at the time. Had a few good see one but is falling away now. I thi k you have won out long term with that one.

stan
Coach

Postby LMA » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:42 am

LMA wrote:
mots02 wrote:
LMA wrote:We'll beat Adelaide next week*

*weather permitting

Just so we’ve got your prediction correct.... what sort of weather do you need for the power to win?

Obviously not wet

A little greek guy on my shoulder who loves ouzo asked me to quote this
LMA
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:05 am

LMA wrote:A little greek guy on my shoulder who loves ouzo asked me to quote this

Does he need ice cubes for his ouzo?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL