Eagles seeking compensation

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

Postby Pseudo » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:02 pm

Wedgie wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
goddy11 wrote:it may be out there but they could possibly have been to busy trying to work out who is manning the extra man to be counting opposition players. :roll:

And the (how many) coaches and assistant coaches?
This is nothing but a Gen Millenial “it’s not my fault! Everybody else is to blame”
WWT didn’t call a count in accordance with the Laws of Football FULL STOP
And I’m a Norwood member!
I am well aware most people have never read the Rules, but that rule is, colloquially, well known
Hell, if WWT had called a count, one of the WWT players would have probably jumped the fence in true WT style! ;)

Totally incorrect. Many WT players jumped the fence at the time. :D
Why would the WWT players do it on this occasion.

To triple the Eagles supporters on that side of the fence? ;)

To grab a pie before they ran out?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby whybother » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:27 pm

No point. Wundke had been sitting on the bench all day.
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby goddy11 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:42 am

SANFL, Eagles resolve saga

WOODVILLE-West Torrens and the SANFL are believed to have reached a resolution in the Eagles’ compensation claim over the 19th man controversy.
But the outcome, and whether the Eagles were successful in gaining financial compensation, will remain a mystery with both parties refusing to comment.
The Eagles took their fight to the SANFL after losing an extraordinary preliminary final to North Adelaide by five points when the Roosters had an extra man on the field for the first four minutes of the last quarter. The matter went to the tribunal and the Roosters were fined $10,000 and penalised four premiership points for this season. They are still two points in the red after winning just one of their 11 games.
Just what compensation the Eagles were seeking is unknown but the club claims it was denied significant commercial opportunities involving membership, merchandise, events and prizemoney associated with playing in the grand final.
It is understood the SANFL rejected the Eagles’ claim for compensation in a written reply earlier this year. However, the Eagles maintained their strong stance and persisted with their claims.
Eagles president Kurt Slaven said in March the club would be pursuing the matter as hard as possible. The SANFL altered its rules in the wake of the 19th-man drama and team runners and the vice-captain can now call for a head count. Previously only the captain had that power. There has also been an additional official at each game, whose role is to account for the interchange players before a quarter can start.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Magellan » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:08 pm

Surely the ‘resolution’ is the Eagles conceding the point and getting on with things.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby therisingblues » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:29 pm

For all their complaining now, all they had to do was make one complaint, by the captain, to the umpire, at the right time...
Like arriving at the bus stop late, and then wanting compensation for missing the bus.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby goddy11 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:17 pm

therisingblues wrote:For all their complaining now, all they had to do was make one complaint, by the captain, to the umpire, at the right time...
Like arriving at the bus stop late, and then wanting compensation for missing the bus.

Your for real. In the last 1/4 of a prelim final the captain, with the ball coming his way a few times needs to be standing there counting opposition players on the field then run over to the ump. The system was broken. I believe from what I have read someone was trying to tell the emergency ump who ignored them.

Anyway the issue was compensation for missed revenue. A club would be negligent if they didn't try to get something considering the SANFL fine NA $10k.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Postby JK » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:28 pm

So if you don't like the rules just complain about them AFTER the event. Lol got it
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby DOC » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:29 pm

Eagles will have got nothing ($).
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby LMA » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:27 am

goddy11 wrote:SANFL, Eagles resolve saga

WOODVILLE-West Torrens and the SANFL are believed to have reached a resolution in the Eagles’ compensation claim over the 19th man controversy.
But the outcome, and whether the Eagles were successful in gaining financial compensation, will remain a mystery with both parties refusing to comment.
The Eagles took their fight to the SANFL after losing an extraordinary preliminary final to North Adelaide by five points when the Roosters had an extra man on the field for the first four minutes of the last quarter. The matter went to the tribunal and the Roosters were fined $10,000 and penalised four premiership points for this season. They are still two points in the red after winning just one of their 11 games.
Just what compensation the Eagles were seeking is unknown but the club claims it was denied significant commercial opportunities involving membership, merchandise, events and prizemoney associated with playing in the grand final.
It is understood the SANFL rejected the Eagles’ claim for compensation in a written reply earlier this year. However, the Eagles maintained their strong stance and persisted with their claims.
Eagles president Kurt Slaven said in March the club would be pursuing the matter as hard as possible. The SANFL altered its rules in the wake of the 19th-man drama and team runners and the vice-captain can now call for a head count. Previously only the captain had that power. There has also been an additional official at each game, whose role is to account for the interchange players before a quarter can start.

Pretty sure I posted something yesterday morning acknowledging the handling of a similar situation by the Amateur league. Could be pssst but post disappeared, very strange :-k
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby LMA » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:28 am

Magellan wrote:Surely the ‘resolution’ is the Eagles conceding the point and getting on with things.

No Chance, in my experience they bake premiership cakes in April out there, then blame the poor dude in the funny white hat when they lose
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby therisingblues » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:12 am

goddy11 wrote:
therisingblues wrote:For all their complaining now, all they had to do was make one complaint, by the captain, to the umpire, at the right time...

Your for real. In the last 1/4 of a prelim final the captain, with the ball coming his way a few times needs to be standing there counting opposition players on the field then run over to the ump. The system was broken. I believe from what I have read someone was trying to tell the emergency ump who ignored them.

Anyway the issue was compensation for missed revenue. A club would be negligent if they didn't try to get something considering the SANFL fine NA $10k.

Pretty sure the counting was already done, off field. Those geniuses then only had to send a message to the captain.
You try to make it sound so hard.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:06 am

goddy11 wrote:

“Hey <<<insert name of runner here>>>, run with all haste to Thommo and tell him to call a count forthwith. There’s a good chap” Easy as that!

You can have 28 WWT officials and 30,000 supporters yelling at the emergency umpire all afternoon and he can do nothing. The captain’s call rule has been in place since JC played CHF for Jerusalem
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby stan » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:02 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
goddy11 wrote:

“Hey <<<insert name of runner here>>>, run with all haste to Thommo and tell him to call a count forthwith. There’s a good chap” Easy as that!

You can have 28 WWT officials and 30,000 supporters yelling at the emergency umpire all afternoon and he can do nothing. The captain’s call rule has been in place since JC played CHF for Jerusalem
This is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. It's well known JC played out of FF.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby PanthersFan » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:59 pm

stan wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
goddy11 wrote:

This is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. It's well known JC played out of FF.

You guys are both wrong. I’m pretty sure He was the ruckman for Nazareth.
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby goddy11 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:05 pm

Correct but it all fell over after his best mate sold out the team for 30 pieces of silver.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:34 pm

therisingblues wrote:
goddy11 wrote:

Pretty sure the counting was already done, off field. Those geniuses then only had to send a message to the captain.
You try to make it sound so hard.

probably harder to lose a 47 point lead with just over a quarter to go...oh wait :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Magellan » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:44 pm

PanthersFan wrote:
stan wrote:This is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. It's well known JC played out of FF.

Dunno where hew played most of his footy, but I can say he was crucified by the umpires.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:51 pm

Magellan wrote:
PanthersFan wrote:
stan wrote:This is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. It's well known JC played out of FF.

Dunno where hew played most of his footy, but I can say he was crucified by the umpires.

Nailed it
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:07 pm

Do the other teams get compensation for the Eagles having 21 on the park every week?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Magellan » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:08 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Magellan wrote:
PanthersFan wrote:

Nailed it

He was famously dropped for the Easter long weekend match, but miraculously made his way back into the side three days later.
Magellan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL