Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:19 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Carlton looking at signing Sam Gray

He wouldn’t make our side.

News reported Carlton the front runners but up to 5 clubs looking at him
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:22 pm

bertiebeatle wrote:Well i look forward to the footage of you sitting in pouring rain for 2 and a half hours

Sweet Geezus, done that hundreds of time. Even did it at Footy park for years to see teams I didnt follow not to mention hundreds of SANFL games.
Worst night Ive encountered was one night in Canberra at Bruce Stadium watching the Raiders in July when it hailed, sleeted and snowed. Was about minus 3 that night.

I have no time for the Crows but I'm amazed at how many Crows supoorters rock up in shit conditions, they seem a lot harder than Power supporters. Probably understandable as the Crows are 6 years older than the Power.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:27 pm

Brodlach wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Carlton looking at signing Sam Gray

He wouldn’t make our side.

News reported Carlton the front runners but up to 5 clubs looking at him

Sam or Robbie?

Sam’s a good honest average joe but nothing more.

I hope we don’t go after him.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2516 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:44 pm

LMA wrote:.

Well put.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5476 times
Been liked: 5118 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby LMA » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:48 pm

Wedgie wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:Well i look forward to the footage of you sitting in pouring rain for 2 and a half hours

Sweet Geezus, done that hundreds of time. Even did it at Footy park for years to see teams I didnt follow not to mention hundreds of SANFL games.
Worst night Ive encountered was one night in Canberra at Bruce Stadium watching the Raiders in July when it hailed, sleeted and snowed. Was about minus 3 that night.

I have no time for the Crows but I'm amazed at how many Crows supoorters rock up in shit conditions, they seem a lot harder than Power supporters. Probably understandable as the Crows are 6 years older than the Power.

Derp! More Members, More Crowd.

I see no mention of attending a game at Geelong in there, after all this is an AFL thread.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby LMA » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:52 pm

Spargo wrote:
LMA wrote:.

Well put.

:D I propose we can embed more than 4 quotes in a post. Totally botched it.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:52 pm

LMA wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Derp! More Members, More Crowd.

I see no mention of attending a game at Geelong in there, after all this is an AFL thread.

Done that several times but it has never been as cold as Canberra hence why I mentioned the experience at Bruce Stadium.
Stood several times at KP and I can assure you being in the standing area at KP is the most uncomfortable experience in the world!
Never been in a stand there, I tend to go to games in Melbourne instead these days as I'm not a fan of Geelong the town.

Worked at and visited Adelaide Oval hundreds of times but its never as uncomfortable there as Footy Park , a lot of SANFL venues, Canberra and Geelong. AO is a pleasant place to visit with plenty of shelter.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:59 am

Welcome to the SA Footy quiz.

Question 1 - Which SA Footy poster rarely posts these days but you can be assured will post after a Port loss?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7488 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby whufc » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:28 am

What are Ports fans thoughts on Hinkley.

From an outside perspective he isn't a bad coach, if he was to leave tomorrow they are definitely in a better place than we he took the role BUT

He just doesn't seem to have that ability to take them to the next level. If that rings true WHY?

For every young gun / recruit that comes through one of their established players seems to really 'drop off' Classic being Lycett coming in but Ryder has dropped off.

Young guns coming through but Westoff/Hartlett have appeared to really drop off.

Happy to be completely corrected as im the first to admit I don't watch a lot of Port. I just find their situation interesting, they have seemed to have so much talent coming though for the last 5 years
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby MW » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:39 am

Booney wrote:Welcome to the SA Footy quiz.

Question 1 - Which SA Footy poster rarely posts these days but you can be assured will post after a Port loss?

I love rhetorical questions...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2600 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:42 am

Wedgie wrote:

That must be why you have a natural smelling odour that all the biddies get moist over perhaps???? :roll:
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:42 am

His time is up.

Skills haven't improved, turn overs still kill us, inconsistency still kills us. We've turned over a heap of players in the last 3 years and we're getting the same results from a different group.

He'll get next year though as we won't be able to pay out 2 years and the youth he's brought in this year will buy him another season.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:42 am

MW wrote:

I love rhetorical questions...

Yeah can you at least make it multiple choice.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2516 times

Postby MW » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:00 am

Booney wrote:His time is up.

Skills haven't improved, turn overs still kill us, inconsistency still kills us. We've turned over a heap of players in the last 3 years and we're getting the same results from a different group.

He'll get next year though as we won't be able to pay out 2 years and the youth he's brought in this year will buy him another season.

IMO the club needs a completely new message to its players, supporters and wider AFL community. It must be exhausting living the "us against everyone else" mentality and I reckon it wears on everyone there.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2600 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Spangas » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:09 am

Watching Talking Footy last night, and Bartell was saying Port is a side that plays on passion and need to focus on something in order to fire them up. How about wanting to win because you're paid good $$$ and fans deserve to see some desire in your footy?
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:09 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Yeah can you at least make it multiple choice.

There's two that spring to mind.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:09 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:His time is up.

IMO the club needs a completely new message to its players, supporters and wider AFL community. It must be exhausting living the "us against everyone else" mentality and I reckon it wears on everyone there.

This.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:18 am

whufc wrote:What are Ports fans thoughts on Hinkley.

From an outside perspective he isn't a bad coach, if he was to leave tomorrow they are definitely in a better place than we he took the role BUT

He just doesn't seem to have that ability to take them to the next level. If that rings true WHY?

For every young gun / recruit that comes through one of their established players seems to really 'drop off' Classic being Lycett coming in but Ryder has dropped off.

Young guns coming through but Westoff/Hartlett have appeared to really drop off.

Happy to be completely corrected as im the first to admit I don't watch a lot of Port. I just find their situation interesting, they have seemed to have so much talent coming though for the last 5 years

What baffles me is how can a team be so good one week but so shit the next?

He sits there smiling trying to think of his cliches on why they lost and how much better the other team played, it is pure frog shit!

Port have a pretty decent list, the window may not be open but the latch is around the right way for it to lift, Kenny just isn't the one to take it to the next level anymore, the game plan is stale and doesn't suit the personel, they are too spent to be able to perform it week in week out, the addition of Sutcliffe was putrid, even more so for the failed reason on his inclusion, we were playing an undermanned travelling team and just needed to go out and be first to the footy, even if we lost the duel that Neale was in, we have 2 others to win.

I hate watching their game plan, I hate that we become complacent after beating a team above us, I hate that we can't string two strong performances together in succession, I hate that the coach is content with mediocrity, he is not a smart man and is a one trick pony, he reminds me of a toddler that found a good hiding spot so he continues to hide there thinking no one will find him.

FWIW, you mentioned Hartlett, he's been ok since his return, I'm not a huge fan but I do like how he DOESN'T go missing when we lose, his better performances have been in our losses.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:31 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:FWIW, you mentioned Hartlett, he's been ok since his return, I'm not a huge fan but I do like how he DOESN'T go missing when we lose, his better performances have been in our losses.

Was in career best form until he did his knee last year and has come back in good order.

He is also one of the blokes who you can see hurting after a loss, he would have, if not for his knee, been right in the captaincy conversation.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mots02 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:42 am

mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 877 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL