Port Adelaide 2019

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:07 am

Do you think they may struggle to win consistently because they get a bit far ahead of themselves after a good win? I know their supporters throb after a good win and maybe the players do too? They don't seem to have that ruthlessness about them and tend to switch off after a good win. Is it because they think they are certainties the following week and it's all just going to happen and they get a bit far ahead of themselves? I know a lot of their supporters who get very excited after one win and don't keep a lid on it. Maybe the players are the same? The media beat them up a bit too after they have a good win and then they're all of a sudden a gun team again. Surely the players aren't buying that too and becoming complacent?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:20 am

Bum Crack wrote:Do you think they may struggle to win consistently because they get a bit far ahead of themselves after a good win? I know their supporters throb after a good win and maybe the players do too? They don't seem to have that ruthlessness about them and tend to switch off after a good win. Is it because they think they are certainties the following week and it's all just going to happen and they get a bit far ahead of themselves? I know a lot of their supporters who get very excited after one win and don't keep a lid on it. Maybe the players are the same? The media beat them up a bit too after they have a good win and then they're all of a sudden a gun team again. Surely the players aren't buying that too and becoming complacent?

I don't know. I doubt it. Maybe. I wouldn't think so. Agreed, I doubt it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:23 am

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Do you think they may struggle to win consistently because they get a bit far ahead of themselves after a good win? I know their supporters throb after a good win and maybe the players do too? They don't seem to have that ruthlessness about them and tend to switch off after a good win. Is it because they think they are certainties the following week and it's all just going to happen and they get a bit far ahead of themselves? I know a lot of their supporters who get very excited after one win and don't keep a lid on it. Maybe the players are the same? The media beat them up a bit too after they have a good win and then they're all of a sudden a gun team again. Surely the players aren't buying that too and becoming complacent?

Yeah you know I'm right. Take off the bias hat and you'll agree ;)
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:24 am

That and they are too spent from the game plan.

After a good win perhaps Kenny should find all the things they done wrong in the win to keep a ceiling in place.

I obviously have no intel on the goings on with the group but it's bizarre how it all can change so much inside a week.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:26 am

Plenty of people in the industry hold Hinkley in high regard for the way he develops relationships with players, we've heard it time and time again that players from Geelong, the Gold Coast and Port Adelaide talk about how his ability to relate to players is second to none.

Perhaps that's part of the problem, either he doesn't like telling some hard truths or the players he's close to don't take it too well when he does put them under the pump. Seems as though his style has it's positives in the modern world but some draw backs when it comes to being tough, hard.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:27 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:

Yeah you know I'm right. Take off the bias hat and you'll agree ;)

I answered all your questions. Mate, if they don't know the problem how the **** would you or I know?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:28 am

Booney wrote:Plenty of people in the industry hold Hinkley in high regard for the way he develops relationships with players, we've heard it time and time again that players from Geelong, the Gold Coast and Port Adelaide talk about how his ability to relate to players is second to none.

Perhaps that's part of the problem, either he doesn't like telling some hard truths or the players he's close to don't take it too well when he does put them under the pump. Seems as though his style has it's positives in the modern world but some draw backs when it comes to being tough, hard.

The Matty Primus syndrome.

From an outsider looking in you could sort of see that being the case.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:29 am

Booney wrote:
I answered all your questions. Mate, if they don't know the problem how the **** would you or I know?

We can still guess and assume then think we know it all hey?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:30 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Isn’t that what SAFooty is all about?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:34 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

******* oath it is. If it isn't, there goes 3/4 of the posters on this site.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby mots02 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:35 am

Bum Crack wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

******* oath it is. If it isn't, there goes 3/4 of the posters on this site.

Are you suggesting that 1/4 of posters on here do actually know something?! :lol:
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 877 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:42 am

good point
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:45 am

mots02 wrote:Are you suggesting that 1/4 of posters on here do actually know something?! :lol:

I’d suggest it only about 1/8th of us...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby DOC » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:00 pm

What is Ports record after the China trip, essentially the second half of the season?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 730 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:03 pm

DOC wrote:What is Ports record after the China trip, essentially the second half of the season?

Poor I think
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:10 pm

DOC wrote:What is Ports record after the China trip, essentially the second half of the season?

I'm sure it contributed to last years fall away, we had our bye in round 10, everyone else started in round 12 so we had a run of 13 games whereas other clubs had 11, 10 or 9 from bye > finals.

After last years game we went L,W,W,W,W,W,L,L,W,L,L,L,L. 6 wins, 7 losses and the last 4 we looked cooked.

This year we have had the bye in round 12, so we'll see how we finish off. so far it's L,W,L,W,L can't contribute any of that to China just yet.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:10 pm

Booney just coz your mob lost, doesn't mean you dont give your subscibers what they pay for - we want our weekly review!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:11 pm

The Bedge wrote:Booney just coz your mob lost, doesn't mean you dont give your subscibers what they pay for - we want our weekly review!

I've started it three times.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:13 pm

The Bedge wrote:Booney just coz your mob lost, doesn't mean you dont give your subscibers what they pay for - we want our weekly review!

It's a good point, this is no time to be downing tools. I'm looking forward to the scathing content sure to be prevalent in this weeks edition.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Spangas » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:13 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:he reminds me of a toddler that found a good hiding spot so he continues to hide there thinking no one will find him.
Attachments
ken.jpg
ken.jpg (131.51 KiB) Viewed 669 times
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL