Port Adelaide 2019

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:15 pm

Booney wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Booney just coz your mob lost, doesn't mean you dont give your subscibers what they pay for - we want our weekly review!

I've started it three times.

Stop start ay.. just like the Power :P
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:16 pm

mots02 wrote:
Are you suggesting that 1/4 of posters on here do actually know something?! :lol:

Then only thing I'm good for is setting a bad example.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:17 pm

Spangas wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:he reminds me of a toddler that found a good hiding spot so he continues to hide there thinking no one will find him.

That is somewhat creepy!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:19 pm

The Bedge wrote:Stop start ay.. just like the Power :P

We'll soon know if they have someone betting for them for an end of season trip, it will be pretty obvious when they travel to Jupiter.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Port Adelaide 2019

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:19 pm

Give us Bassett back and you can have Cotton back. Fair trade :)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:23 pm

Jim05 wrote:Give us Bassett back and you can have Cotton back. Fair trade :)

Bold move, Cotton.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby am Bays » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Bold move, Cotton.

A Fine move, great personality
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:42 pm

am Bays wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Bold move, Cotton.

Joke clearly went over your head. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:50 pm

Where do I start?

I’ll start by saying I’ve never found myself so disillusioned with the club I love, the club I invest so much into emotionally and financially and I know for a fact I’m not alone. Through the mirky mire that was the Primus era where I found myself with 13,000 other souls sitting watching West Coast play with us at Football Park in late 2012 I have never felt so disenchanted. For 5 years now we’ve been up and down like a honeymooners proverbial, however this ride isn’t anywhere near as enjoyable.

Games against Collingwood, Hawthorn and this one against Brisbane were effectively over after 30 minutes. Games against Fremantle and Brisbane were there for the taking with 30 minutes to go. Wins over West Coast in Perth, ladder leader Geelong at home and arch rival Adelaide were, for all intents and purposes, in Port’s hands the whole day. Try and make sense of that. I dare you. I can’t.

Some shocking selection decisions this season ( Wines and Jonas clearly under done early ) were topped off on the weekend with Xavier Duursma being left out of the side when, according to the senior coach “He hasn’t been setting the world on fire”. Try and make sense of that. I can’t.

In his place, almost a direct swap, comes Cam Sutcliffe. Delisted by Fremantle last year, picked up as the Magpies marquee player for 2019 and selected in the mid season draft to (and I quote Sutcliffe) “Do some specific roles in the back half of the year”. I’ve seen enough of the Port Adelaide SANFL side this year, especially in recent weeks, to know Sutcliffe wasn’t banging the door down to be selected, but, he is and the focus is heavily placed upon his role on Lachie Neale, the Brisbane ball magnet. The two clash several times in the first 10 minutes, along with plenty of other Port players as Port play the man and Brisbane play the ball and it’s game over at the 20 minute mark of the first quarter as Brisbane kick the first 7 goals. ( They kicked the first 4 in the match in Brisbane earlier this year ).

Not only did the tactic back fire but it put the game out of reach by quarter time and showed again that when tested Port Adelaide aren’t strong enough mentally and that 30 minutes more than likely ends any hope of playing finals football in 2019.

Not only does it put finals off the agenda but it puts the coaches tenure right under the spotlight. We’ve turned over massive numbers of personnel in the last 18 months on field yet we’re getting the same results. Inconsistency by far the biggest issue and we saw it on the weekend. Brisbane led by 42 points in the first quarter, they won by 48. For 3 quarters we matched it with them. For 30 minutes we were putrid. It’s not just inconsistency from week to week, it’s from quarter to quarter. Infuriating.

One thing that is consistent is our appalling ball use going forward, or is it the “running patterns” of the forwards? 50 more possessions and the same amount of inside 50’s for 8 less goals.

Very few stood tall on the weekend, Co-captain Ollie Wines was one who put together 4 quarters, he was clearly Port’s best despite a dislocated (now we know broken) thumb, two shades of Gray, Robbie and Sam, looked the only ones likely to threaten inside the contest or on the scoreboard while Darcy Byrne-Jones is one of very few behind the ball who could be happy with his days work. Travis Boak, while not having a huge say on the contest was sound.

Boon’s best – Wines, R.Gray, Byrne-Jones, S.Gray, Boak.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:51 pm

The Bedge wrote:
am Bays wrote:

Joke clearly went over your head. :lol:

He did return with another.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby DOC » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:03 pm

Booney:

Many of the points made in your review are also made by Warren Tredrea in this mornings paper, He lays the blame pretty squarely at Ken and the leadership group. Worth a read.

With regards to your points about the Neale tactics. described on FOX last night by Paul Roos as "garbage coaching".
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

Postby JK » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:20 pm

Stating the obvious I know but the loss and performance on the weekend seemed much worse than the final margin. Bar maybe the first 5 minutes I don't recall anytime the game was alive as a contest. Brisbane did similarly in GWS the week before too.

Think win, lose or draw this weekends game against Richmond is one that will be well worth watching.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:29 pm

JK wrote:Stating the obvious I know but the loss and performance on the weekend seemed much worse than the final margin. Bar maybe the first 5 minutes I don't recall anytime the game was alive as a contest. Brisbane did similarly in GWS the week before too.

Think win, lose or draw this weekends game against Richmond is one that will be well worth watching.

We'll beat Richmond by 46 points this week over there and half the supporter base will love Ken again and the Cow supporters will find a negative in that.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:33 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:Stating the obvious I know but the loss and performance on the weekend seemed much worse than the final margin. Bar maybe the first 5 minutes I don't recall anytime the game was alive as a contest. Brisbane did similarly in GWS the week before too.

We'll beat Richmond by 46 points this week over there and half the supporter base will love Ken again and the Cow supporters will find a negative in that.

* Weather permitting
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:38 pm

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

* Weather permitting

Study the WL pattern and chuck in that Richmond mainly lose by 40 something points.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:43 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Like I said...must be exhausting going with the "us against everyone else" mantra
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:55 pm

What changes you making this week Booney?

Out: Burton, Ebert, Sutcliffe, Powell-Pepper
In: Houston, Duursma, Drew, Farrell

Surely under the pump: Motlop, Westhoff
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:02 pm

MW wrote:
Like I said...must be exhausting going with the "us against everyone else" mantra

I can only go by my FB news feeds.

Yesterday apparently the crows are back and Port are chokers, it's quite humorous and neither clubs should be throwing rocks, they are both as frustrating as each other.

I don't buy into it, I take a win with gratitude and a loss on the chin.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:03 pm

The Bedge wrote:What changes you making this week Booney?

Out: Burton, Ebert, Sutcliffe, Powell-Pepper

In: Houston, Duursma, Drew, Farrell

Surely under the pump: Motlop, Westhoff

Sutcliffe? Surely he'd be a good fit to rough up Dusty?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:12 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Sutcliffe? Surely he'd be a good fit to rough up Dusty?

Funnily enough, with the injury to Burton I did wonder if maybe he'll be the replacement down back. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL