PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:15 pm

The Bedge wrote:
auto wrote:Too early for a, which teams are playing in what division, yet?

About 2 months too early.

To be voted at the AGM.. but welcome to North Haven (4 sides) and welcome back to Brahma Lodge (LO side).

The club's decision to move to the PDCA has not been finalized yet Bedge, the new committee will finally decide before the PDCA AGM.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:26 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

To be voted at the AGM.. but welcome to North Haven (4 sides) and welcome back to Brahma Lodge (LO side).

The club's decision to move to the PDCA has not been finalized yet Bedge, the new committee will finally decide before the PDCA AGM.

Outrageous!

Your average away games would've been 40+ minutes last year.. in PDCA Angle Vale would be about the only club that is a similar time distance.

Most clubs would be within 20-30min of Largs North.

Maybe your committee are scared of the Pirates :P
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:37 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Be good if North Haven does come. Good to see numbers growing. Was heading the other way for a while back when the Gawler clubs started leaving but seems to be a strengthening competition now? Absorbing some of the Churches clubs helped I guess
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:53 pm

The Bedge wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Outrageous!

Your average away games would've been 40+ minutes last year.. in PDCA Angle Vale would be about the only club that is a similar time distance.

Most clubs would be within 20-30min of Largs North.

Maybe your committee are scared of the Pirates :P

True about the traveling distance being less but with the extra 10 overs (I was informed PDCA is 70 overs amd ASCA sections 2 and below play 60 overs) means more playing time so overall combining travel time and playing time is not that much different. It's something the committee has to take into consideration.

One thing that I'm worried about is if we were to put at least one grade (possibly two) into to the lower, limited overs PDCA grades we will have guys at our club trying to sandbag and just play one day games all the time. I know if there's a chance blokes can do it they will.

(Personally I would prefer to play one day cricket all the time but we play in a competition where two day cricket is an integral part.)
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:00 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:True about the traveling distance being less but with the extra 10 overs (I was informed PDCA is 70 overs amd ASCA sections 2 and below play 60 overs) means more playing time so overall combining travel time and playing time is not that much different. It's something the committee has to take into consideration.

Bowl your overs quicker then haha!

We generally get through 40+ overs before tea.. makes life a lot easier, and generally we are done early.

*edit* should prob mention i bring myself on after 8 overs and bowl 20 straight off 6 steps.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:29 am

The Dark Knight wrote:True about the traveling distance being less but with the extra 10 overs (I was informed PDCA is 70 overs amd ASCA sections 2 and below play 60 overs) means more playing time so overall combining travel time and playing time is not that much different. It's something the committee has to take into consideration.

One thing that I'm worried about is if we were to put at least one grade (possibly two) into to the lower, limited overs PDCA grades we will have guys at our club trying to sandbag and just play one day games all the time. I know if there's a chance blokes can do it they will.

(Personally I would prefer to play one day cricket all the time but we play in a competition where two day cricket is an integral part.)

70 overs is usually done and dusted by around 5pm.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:44 am

Tony Clifton wrote:Be good if North Haven does come. Good to see numbers growing. Was heading the other way for a while back when the Gawler clubs started leaving but seems to be a strengthening competition now? Absorbing some of the Churches clubs helped I guess

I'm not sure that the actual comp is strengthening but the numbers have been steady, wasn't too long ago when Grade 3 was a decent standard and you'd be lucky to see a B Grade team in it.

Grade 1 had 5 teams capable of beating each other, 2 that were competitive and 1 that lost their best player during the off-season and really struggled.

Grade 2 had NEK and North Pines a cut above the rest throughout the season, the Units gained momentum and made the GF through experience and someone being able to step up when it mattered, the real positive is that it was shared around too, some good kids coming through on top of the older heads out there. Enfield were around the mark when they wanted to be too, had enough to beat anyone on their day, the rest were all hit and miss.

I can't see either of the promoted sides making the Grade 1 finals this season unless they pick up a couple or Woody heads back to the Units, you've gotta respect the way they fought through this season after it was looking pretty diabolical a few weeks out from round 1.

Grades 3 & 4 are more of a social scene nowadays, I reckon the better LO teams would knock most of them off, LO cricket is getting more popular for obvious reasons.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:46 am

The Bedge wrote:

Bowl your overs quicker then haha!

We generally get through 40+ overs before tea.. makes life a lot easier, and generally we are done early.

*edit* should prob mention i bring myself on after 8 overs and bowl 20 straight off 6 steps.

Absolutely, it's actually a bit of ploy I used to put into place, teams would bat til tea with the thought of having wickets in the shed, when they'd come off and realize that they're 46 overs deep they panic after the break, as for fielding, it's pretty comforting to know that you 2 blocks of 12 overs to get through, it doesn't seem as dreary.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:41 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Be good if North Haven does come. Good to see numbers growing. Was heading the other way for a while back when the Gawler clubs started leaving but seems to be a strengthening competition now? Absorbing some of the Churches clubs helped I guess

I'm not sure that the actual comp is strengthening but the numbers have been steady, wasn't too long ago when Grade 3 was a decent standard and you'd be lucky to see a B Grade team in it.

Grade 1 had 5 teams capable of beating each other, 2 that were competitive and 1 that lost their best player during the off-season and really struggled.

Grade 2 had NEK and North Pines a cut above the rest throughout the season, the Units gained momentum and made the GF through experience and someone being able to step up when it mattered, the real positive is that it was shared around too, some good kids coming through on top of the older heads out there. Enfield were around the mark when they wanted to be too, had enough to beat anyone on their day, the rest were all hit and miss.

I can't see either of the promoted sides making the Grade 1 finals this season unless they pick up a couple or Woody heads back to the Units, you've gotta respect the way they fought through this season after it was looking pretty diabolical a few weeks out from round 1.

Grades 3 & 4 are more of a social scene nowadays, I reckon the better LO teams would knock most of them off, LO cricket is getting more popular for obvious reasons.

My first year of senior cricket we lost a div5 GF to Elizabeth Fields who had Dobbo, Scotty Donaldson, Gav Elliott, Donger, Steve Fulton, Mick Debeaur.

They would make finals in div1 these days.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:45 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Really, 1pm start yeah? So 70 overs in 3 hours and 45 minutes? (15 min tea break)
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:17 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Units, you've gotta respect the way they fought through this season after it was looking pretty diabolical a few weeks out from round 1..

You're high.. they ended up with basically the same GF side from the year before and you think it's respectable they fought through and made another GF?! :roll:

Lightning McQueen wrote:Grades 3 & 4 are more of a social scene nowadays, I reckon the better LO teams would knock most of them off, LO cricket is getting more popular for obvious reasons.

Yes the sides in the top LO grades are better than G3 and G4 sides. Good/strong clubs moved away, but also good players who were around in lower grades either retired or were lured away to other clubs for $$.

Money in cricket is laughable.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:19 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Really, 1pm start yeah? So 70 overs in 3 hours and 45 minutes? (15 min tea break)

Nah he's on drugs today.

A few sides could do it, but it's certainly not the norm. We (Enfield) would probably have one of the quickest over rate sides - we finish generally just before 5:30pm.. the last hour or so always drags on.

Actually more i think about it more i do think 5pm is a realistic target - you should really bowl 20 overs in the first hour, that leaves 50 over the next let's say 4 hrs.. you should be able to bowl a minimum of 15 overs an hour.
Last edited by The Bedge on Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:24 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Really, 1pm start yeah? So 70 overs in 3 hours and 45 minutes? (15 min tea break)

Yeah mate, tea break at 3:30 so you should be 40+ overs deep by then, it's bloody hard wicket, don't need 30+ step run ups.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:26 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Yeah mate, tea break at 3:30 so you should be 40+ overs deep by then, it's bloody hard wicket, don't need 30+ step run ups.

Also depends on the umpire - we have had umpires (wont name names) who are too unfit to umpire, take forever between overs and extend their drinks/tea breaks out.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:31 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Units, you've gotta respect the way they fought through this season after it was looking pretty diabolical a few weeks out from round 1..

You're high.. they ended up with basically the same GF side from the year before and you think it's respectable they fought through and made another GF?! :roll:

I f****** wish!!

3 x Ritzema, Kosonen, Milo and Thomas are the only ones, Milo only played 5 games for the year, Woody is worth two or three and Fenners weighs as many as two or three.

They were screwed in September last year, I think they done well with what they had.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:35 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:3 x Ritzema, Kosonen, Milo and Thomas are the only ones, Milo only played 5 games for the year, Woody is worth two or three and Fenners weighs as many as two or three.

Added Shafa and Bradshaw, and Chad Wegener is under-rated. Liddicott still goes alright too.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:37 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:3 x Ritzema, Kosonen, Milo and Thomas are the only ones, Milo only played 5 games for the year, Woody is worth two or three and Fenners weighs as many as two or three.

Added Shafa and Bradshaw, and Chad Wegener is under-rated. Liddicott still goes alright too.

Oh well, I'm married so I'm used of being wrong, I'll go ruin another thread
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:54 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Oh well, I'm married so I'm used of being wrong, I'll go ruin another thread

**** you sook like a married woman too! :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:13 pm

Wonder who holds the PDCA exec to account?

The love throwing out the fines, but the treasurer cant even do his own job properly.

Copped a $50 fine for not attending a delegates meeting last year.. Paid the account when it was due - didn't hit their bank account until the Monday (1 business day late), copped a nice $200 fine for our troubles.

Now, a week out from the AGM and still sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for the financial report and budget to be emailed through - apparently almost 4 months since end of season isnt long enough.. this is also following on from the fact they informed clubs it would be distributed last week at the latest.

Pathetic.

Treasurer can step down.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:28 pm

The Bedge wrote:Wonder who holds the PDCA exec to account?

The love throwing out the fines, but the treasurer cant even do his own job properly.

Copped a $50 fine for not attending a delegates meeting last year.. Paid the account when it was due - didn't hit their bank account until the Monday (1 business day late), copped a nice $200 fine for our troubles.

Now, a week out from the AGM and still sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for the financial report and budget to be emailed through - apparently almost 4 months since end of season isnt long enough.. this is also following on from the fact they informed clubs it would be distributed last week at the latest.

Pathetic.

Treasurer can step down.

You need to read the post you wrote above this one :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps