AFL 2019 season

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL 2019 season

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:19 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:If you're down the Northern end can you keep an eye out for my dummy? I reckon I spat it that far on Sunday afternoon.

Did you leave early?

Very.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:23 pm

JK wrote:Whately and Chris Scott with an interesting segment on SEN this morning. Scott actually made a really good point on the home ground finals saga - The AFL wants Geelong playing finals against other Vic sides at the MCG so less supporters miss out on a ticket, but when GF day bowls around only %50 of tickets are available to the supporters anyway. Hypocrisy much?

Just listened to it, Chris Scott is great to listen to and regularly challenges the normal Victorian old school views which is great. Need him in AFL house post coaching, might be too late by then though
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:46 pm

Damien Hardwick has given an update on the condition of Richmond youngster Jack Higgins.

The 20-year-old Tigers forward was admitted to hospital with a brain bleed on Tuesday after suffering headaches.

Hardwick revealed today that Higgins will take no further part in Richmond’s season but is expected to make a full recovery and play again next year.

“He’ll be out of hospital today,” Hardwick said at a press conference.

“Without being a medico by nature, he has had an abnormality since birth that has reared its head.

“It was a chance to pop up its head between 10 and 30. Obviously Jack falls into that timeframe. He’s got a group of blood vessels that aren’t strong and they naturally bleed.

“He’s had a bigger bleed that’s caused the issue. He won’t play again this year.

“In 4-6 weeks he’ll have another scan when the blood has subsided and then he’ll have a procedure to rectify the result. He’ll play footy again which is exciting for us and great for Jack.

“Our medicos did a terrific job of detecting it and sending him for scans. We know the solution and we’ve just got to be patient.

“He’ll be back playing football at some stage next year.”

Higgins has played 33 games and kicked 24 goals for the Tigers having debuted in Round 3 last season.

The Tigers take on Port Adelaide at the MCG on Saturday.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mots02 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:02 pm

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:If you're down the Northern end can you keep an eye out for my dummy? I reckon I spat it that far on Sunday afternoon.

Did you leave early?

Very.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 854 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:27 pm

mots02 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Did you leave early?

Very.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Before anyone else....

Typical Crows supporter :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:28 pm

You booing me?

How will I recover....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:31 pm

Booney wrote:How will I recover....

Did you pose this question last week?

Starting to sound like a Crows supporter regurgitating the same crap ;)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:46 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:How will I recover....

Did you pose this question last week?

Starting to sound like a Crows supporter regurgitating the same crap ;)

Such a big word for a sport supporter :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:57 pm

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Did you leave early?

Very.

You left early! :shock:

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:58 pm

Dutchy wrote:
JK wrote:Whately and Chris Scott with an interesting segment on SEN this morning. Scott actually made a really good point on the home ground finals saga - The AFL wants Geelong playing finals against other Vic sides at the MCG so less supporters miss out on a ticket, but when GF day bowls around only %50 of tickets are available to the supporters anyway. Hypocrisy much?

Just listened to it, Chris Scott is great to listen to and regularly challenges the normal Victorian old school views which is great. Need him in AFL house post coaching, might be too late by then though
And how did Gerard take it????

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:59 pm

The Bedge wrote:This is surely a joke right?

HOCKING TARGETS TACKLES
Football boss Steve Hocking has identified tackling as an issue with the game, and is analysing ways to reduce the amount of tackling in the AFL.
"I have a very strong view on that....I don’t think there’s a number ... but certainly we don’t want that [tackling] necessarily as a skill" said Hocking.
"People should take confidence that we are looking at the right things"

Fancy a Geelong defender from the nineties not rating tackling. Can't say I'm surprised.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:00 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Did you leave early?

Very.

regards,

REB

Dummy out. Disgusted.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mots02 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:51 pm

Booney wrote:You booing me?

How will I recover....

In the fetal position with your dummy back in?
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 854 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:09 am

Beveridge extends his contract until the end of 2023
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby RB » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:58 am

Bulldogs finished 6th, 7th, 10th and 13th at the end of the minor round after hiring Beveridge.

Obviously he took them to a flag after an incredible finals series, but it's not a record that would generally earn you another four years, even with an average side.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:13 pm

RB wrote:Bulldogs finished 6th, 7th, 10th and 13th at the end of the minor round after hiring Beveridge.

Obviously he took them to a flag after an incredible finals series, but it's not a record that would generally earn you another four years, even with an average side.

He is a very good coach.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:33 pm

Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

Dummy out. Disgusted.

Not like you mate.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby hollywood7477 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:39 pm

Jack Darling signs on for 5 more years!!! One club player!!
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby MW » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:48 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:Jack Darling signs on for 5 more years!!! One club player!!

5 year deals are dangerous. You'll know in 2020 if that's the case...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:40 pm

Melbourne Football Club has appointed former Arsenal and Port Adelaide fitness guru Darren Burgess as its new strength and conditioning manager.

Foxfooty.com.au has confirmed Burgess has been back in Melbourne this week and has signed with the Demons, who have a vacancy due to Dave Misson’s departure.

It’s understood Burgess, who will oversee the club’s fitness program, was offered the job on Monday and accepted on Wednesday.

The Demons’ swift process included multiple candidates — some from within the AFL industry — but Burgess was said to be the standout candidate following a two-year stint in the English Premier League.

Misson’s role has been modified in the back half of the season as the club’s attempts to find the right balance in its footy department. He will move to Canada shortly to live with his family, who are already there.

Burgess has also worked with Liverpool and spent time with the Socceroos before the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.

The Demons have endured a torrid year on the injury front, with 15 players going under the knife after the 2018 season.

The club has not recovered, winning just five of 18 matches in 2019.

Melbourne’s fitness department has also come under direct fire from a father of a current player and former Demon.

Shaun Smith, father of Joel, was critiqued the club’s “mismanagement” of injuries in a Facebook rant back in May.

“In true AFL style protecting his (Misson’s) job,” Smith wrote last Thursday in reference to a Fairfax article explaining why Misson warned the club’s board in the pre-season.

“Surely he is not going get up there and say it’s his fault.

“Clearly the conditioning is not up to scratch and players who have had opps (operations) have not been managed well,” Smith wrote on Thursday.

“Whose fault is that???”

When another Facebook user responded, Smith doubled down on the Melbourne Football Club, The Mighty Demons page.

“ … Don’t even get me started about the mismanagement of my son …”

Misson previously worked at St Kilda before joining the Demons and said in February he would fly to Canada in December and do “the whole season.”

But the football department changes, announced on June 18, saw Misson replaced by Phil Merriman.

“We knew early days that David Misson was leaving at the end of the year and we really didn’t want to get to a stage where all we get out of that opportunity was just replace Dave in the role,” Melbourne head of football Josh Mahoney said in June.

“We looked at the whole department and said, ‘How can we set up a better structure, how can we set up better programs and processes?’, and that probably took three or four weeks of internal interviews with staff, players and coaches.

“We’ve got a structure we’ll put as an interim structure for the remainder of the year and we think it’s an opportunity to look for improvements, but also setting us up for next year when Misso isn’t here.

“Misso will now oversee the implementation of this structure and complete a variety of specific initiatives for the rest of this year.”
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL