Norwood V South

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Norwood V South

Postby Brett » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:13 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Brett wrote:Wouldn't write the season off yet mate. South need someone to turn there culture around. It happens year after year. South accept average . With a growing young population there , surely the club gets aggressive to attract a winning culture which would bring people .

Weird statement. To create a winning culture you have to be winning. Do you not think they go out not trying to win?
I think South are good enough to play finals.

Its a pretty obvious statement to understand .Did I even suggest they go out not trying ? here did you pull that from ?

I think they have a poor culture and many have said the same for years . Some South posters on here would agree , they seem very passionate about it.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby southee » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:19 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Brett wrote:Wouldn't write the season off yet mate. South need someone to turn there culture around. It happens year after year. South accept average . With a growing young population there , surely the club gets aggressive to attract a winning culture which would bring people .

Weird statement. To create a winning culture you have to be winning. Do you not think they go out not trying to win?

Well you can’t really say that with the SANFL South women’s side winning back to back premierships.

The culture has changed for the better now than 10 years ago. I think it changed once Brad Gotch was appointed coach.

I don’t see culture as the issue at all.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Norwood V South

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:21 pm

South are done for the year.
Norwood may be able to scrape into finals if we get our act together but the Eagles and the sides above us currently are a notch above us and South.
At the end of the day we are just playing practice matches until the Bays can officially be crowned Premiers [emoji3]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby DOC » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:03 pm

southee wrote:
goddy11 wrote:

Well you can’t really say that with the SANFL South women’s side winning back to back premierships.

The culture has changed for the better now than 10 years ago. I think it changed once Brad Gotch was appointed coach.

I don’t see culture as the issue at all.

Ron Fuller started it. Even though he knew they were pivotal to a successful team, he moved on Boyd and Parry and put everyone on notice that the club was changing.

Whilst ultimate success has eluded us, we have played in finals more times, and the junior program is showing results.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby Pseudo » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:26 pm

^ indeed. Sitting at the Bay oval right now, South's juniors are pummeling the Legs. 15.11 to 4.4

(Edit) 18.12 to 4.4, I think that's full time.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:50 pm

Pseudo wrote:^ indeed. Sitting at the Bay oval right now, South's juniors are pummeling the Legs. 15.11 to 4.4

(Edit) 18.12 to 4.4, I think that's full time.

Our u18’s aren’t much chop this year especially with the better players up playing League football
Jim05
Coach

Postby DOC » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:53 pm

We are fifth and you are sixth.

92 point margain.
DOC
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:04 pm

DOC wrote:We are fifth and you are sixth.

92 point margain.

Yeah not a great result but I’m not really too concerned at our junior results as they fluctuate every year. Any half decent U18 shouldn’t be playing in the U18’s anyway, I’d rather them play league or reserves
Jim05
Coach

Postby blueandwhite » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:13 pm

Souths problem is not culture.
We have 2 issues as I see it. Lack of depth and lack of finances.
We are currently operating at a salary cap that is 50k less than all the other sanfl clubs bar West. Imposed by the SANFL because we are doing it tough....someone please explain how this sanction helps...? We havent got the cash to compete with other clubs to lure and keep ex AFL players like Shenton, Talia, Panos, Johnston, Grigg and Georgiou and Barry...

We have lost Brooksby- WCE , McLean -Sydney, and State Game BOG- Knoll- Sydney with the new fangled AFL draft thingy...All 200cm + .. no compensation from the afl clubs or AFL.
Asked the SANFL if we can have the dollars spent on McLean &Knoll put back on salary cap...?? answer =NO.

South , week after week rely on the same core group of players to perform. If one or two have a quiet day...we are only competitive for a quarter or two. I'd go so far as to say there would be 10 players in our league side who wouldn't get a game anywhere else in the SANFL.

Our 2s are basically a bunch of kids, our U/18s are handy but as we all know we don't ever see the good ones.
Bring on 2020..... :?
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:15 pm

South most definitely have copped it without lube from the AFL
Jim05
Coach

Postby Brett » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:41 pm

blueandwhite wrote:Souths problem is not culture.
We have 2 issues as I see it. Lack of depth and lack of finances.
We are currently operating at a salary cap that is 50k less than all the other sanfl clubs bar West. Imposed by the SANFL because we are doing it tough....someone please explain how this sanction helps...? We havent got the cash to compete with other clubs to lure and keep ex AFL players like Shenton, Talia, Panos, Johnston, Grigg and Georgiou and Barry...

We have lost Brooksby- WCE , McLean -Sydney, and State Game BOG- Knoll- Sydney with the new fangled AFL draft thingy...All 200cm + .. no compensation from the afl clubs or AFL.
Asked the SANFL if we can have the dollars spent on McLean &Knoll put back on salary cap...?? answer =NO.

South , week after week rely on the same core group of players to perform. If one or two have a quiet day...we are only competitive for a quarter or two. I'd go so far as to say there would be 10 players in our league side who wouldn't get a game anywhere else in the SANFL.

Our 2s are basically a bunch of kids, our U/18s are handy but as we all know we don't ever see the good ones.
Bring on 2020..... :?

South , like every club doesnt rewarded for suppying players to the AFL. Just one lump sum . No argument re mid season draft as that is a disgrace . Although Glenelg lost a good forward and they are still top .

Most 2's are a bunch of kids as well .

As for cash , are South still paying Peppercorn agreement ?
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby blueandwhite » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:35 pm

We are still paying a peppercorn rent on the ground ,yes.
All the other clubs pay minimal rent to their local council who own the grounds and most of the improvements. South have had to build all the improvements at Noarlunga themselves, they were not built last century by generous ratepayers.
Local councils also help out with water and power and maintenance...South dont have that luxury except a small amount of maintenance..
Water bill for Souths changerooms alone is almost 100k per year.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Postby Brett » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:10 pm

Some clubs would love your deal. Check your facts . Dont blame money as your club had it .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Spargo » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:22 pm

This’ll be good...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5477 times
Been liked: 5118 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby DOC » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:54 pm

Brett wrote:Some clubs would love your deal. Check your facts . Dont blame money as your club had it .

Not one club would like our deal. Why would they? Not complaining. If you think your club, Sturt, is one of them, detail why please.

When did we have money?
DOC
Coach

Postby blueandwhite » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:54 am

haha ..never had money, always had debt.
re checking the facts.....believe me, I'd know!
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Postby saintal » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:58 am

As has already been pointed out, South failed to capitalise with the wind in the first term before the Legs took control of the contest. The final quarter was as poor as we’ve seen from South in recent seasons.

Davis again our best, having an outstanding run of form.

2-5 since the departure of Knoll. Coincidence? Excuse? Irrelevant?

Power (H), Dogs (A), North (H) and Ravens (H) to finish the season. Still a pulse but need some 4 quarter performances, which have been rare this season.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:16 am

Spargo wrote:This’ll be good...

I'll back the other people in the argument. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby southee » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:05 pm

Brett wrote:Some clubs would love your deal. Check your facts . Dont blame money as your club had it .

Sorry mate - you may want to check your facts. Believe me - I know too !
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Brett » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:26 pm

South were one club that benefitted greatly fro the Pokies in years gone by Im ed to believe and what club wouldn't like minimial rent .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL