Norwood V South

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Norwood V South

Postby DOC » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:24 pm

i will enlighten you Brett.

We pay a peppercorn rent on the condition that we made all the improvements (change rooms, club rooms, grandstand , construct an oval, etc etc). We also pay for everything and the council provides a small amount of ground maintenance , such as coring, scarifying etc (where machinery is involved).

Your club Sturt like the other clubs have a different arrangement with the relevant ground owner (Council) whereby they lease the ground to the club for a lease agreement. These are all heavily subsidised as well.

If you would like the same agreement as South, Unley Council will take your 8 million and let you have the ground for a dollar, and you get to pay for everything as well. Sue Dowling who is an astute business manager will steer you clear of this arrangement as the current lease deal that you have is much better for Sturt. Good luck to you as you get to play at an oval that was built at ratepayers expense over a long period. We did not get that benefit when we moved to Noarlunga for the good of the league.

You even got to move back there after you turned your back on them. For all I know you may be one of the many Sturt volunteers who help out with the boundary signage, fencing etc that gets put up and down for each game as a consequence.

We have not been in the black since Dan Moriarty won his third magarey medal. That is our doing but year in year out we keep going. One thing is for sure , we have never been blessed with an easy ride.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Brett » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:41 pm

DOC wrote:i will enlighten you Brett.

We pay a peppercorn rent on the condition that we made all the improvements (change rooms, club rooms, grandstand , construct an oval, etc etc). We also pay for everything and the council provides a small amount of ground maintenance , such as coring, scarifying etc (where machinery is involved).

Your club Sturt like the other clubs have a different arrangement with the relevant ground owner (Council) whereby they lease the ground to the club for a lease agreement. These are all heavily subsidised as well.

If you would like the same agreement as South, Unley Council will take your 8 million and let you have the ground for a dollar, and you get to pay for everything as well. Sue Dowling who is an astute business manager will steer you clear of this arrangement as the current lease deal that you have is much better for Sturt. Good luck to you as you get to play at an oval that was built at ratepayers expense over a long period. We did not get that benefit when we moved to Noarlunga for the good of the league.

You even got to move back there after you turned your back on them. For all I know you may be one of the many Sturt volunteers who help out with the boundary signage, fencing etc that gets put up and down for each game as a consequence.

We have not been in the black since Dan Moriarty won his third magarey medal. That is our doing but year in year out we keep going. One thing is for sure , we have never been blessed with an easy ride.

Thanks , You seem to know a lot and a lot more than me and others. BTW Its Sue Dewing.

Anyway hang in there , season is still alive for your hard done by club.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:45 pm

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Brett » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:19 pm

Just being honest mate. He seems to know more than I have been told . Im happy to admit it , you should try it sometime. Actually no don't ,you'd be on here endlessly.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL