ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:48 pm

That is the best way to do it @bothamsfearnley saves the kids having to change the field every over which quickens the game up markedly.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:11 am

Do the kids get bored in the field not changing though?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Slowleftarm » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:14 am

The Bedge wrote:Do the kids get bored in the field not changing though?

I got bored fielding if I wasn't bowling
Slowleftarm

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:19 am

Move them around one spot as the bowler changes, well that's what I used to do.

It's a pain in the arse when you change ends each over with the younger ones, you end up with a mid-off who's practically touching the bolwer, 3 gullies and no cover, they drift around a fair bit.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:20 am

Slowleftarm wrote:

And that was when you were 25 :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Slowleftarm » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:20 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Slowleftarm wrote:

And that was when you were 25 :lol:

Exactly right there lol, I'd give anything to be able to play again, especially with the news I got yesterday regarding my health.
Slowleftarm

Postby bothamsfearnley » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:49 pm

It's can be a good idea to rotate them all around the field clockwise at the end of each over so they are moving into different positions and they know when they will be bowling next by their position in the field.

That way they arent asking all the time!

Maturity levels play a big part, I have found that by under 12s they are pretty good at being patient as they can start to see the "bigger picture" of the game as a whole.
bothamsfearnley
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Minimum Chips » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:48 pm

Just saw on AdelaideNow that ATCA have rejected the new rules for u/12 with shortened pitches. It says there's only 5 clubs - Goodwood, Unley, Brighton, Reynella and Marion - which appear to be the old "South Division"? What's happened with all the other clubs?
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:37 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:Just saw on AdelaideNow that ATCA have rejected the new rules for u/12 with shortened pitches. It says there's only 5 clubs - Goodwood, Unley, Brighton, Reynella and Marion - which appear to be the old "South Division"? What's happened with all the other clubs?

Strange it only mentions those 5 clubs as it covers all ATCA clubs. Unusual for The Advertiser to report something incorrectly.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby tigerpie » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:16 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:Just saw on AdelaideNow that ATCA have rejected the new rules for u/12 with shortened pitches. It says there's only 5 clubs - Goodwood, Unley, Brighton, Reynella and Marion - which appear to be the old "South Division"? What's happened with all the other clubs?

Strange it only mentions those 5 clubs as it covers all ATCA clubs. Unusual for The Advertiser to report something incorrectly.

Can't read the article.
There's only 5 clubs what that have rejected it?
Odd. Its hardly the majority.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:42 am

Adelaide Turf Cricket Association rejects Cricket Australia’s new junior rules

July 23, 2019 5:26am

Ben CameronMessenger Community News

The Adelaide Turf Cricket Association (ACTA) has run the risk of Cricket Australia sanctions after rejecting calls to play its under-12 players off a shortened wicket.

Association executive officer David Heyzer said members voted on Monday night to inform the South Australian Cricket Association (SACA) it would not abide by the new Cricket Australia rule for players in the under-12 competition to play off an 18m wicket.

Turf association under-12 teams currently play off a full 20m-long pitch.

The Messenger revealed earlier this month SACA had been working with associations across the state since 2016 to align them to uniform national junior formats.

However, the association and its junior clubs were concerned playing off a shortened wicket would add to curating costs or force clubs to hire other ovals.

The association had been threatened with sanctions by SACA if it did not follow the directive — to allow children of all abilities to play the game — including having its access to online cricket portal My Cricket restricted.

It could also lose access to insurance rebates from Cricket Australia.

Clubs involved in ATCA’s junior competition are Goodwood, Unley, Brighton, Reynella and Marion.

Mr Heyzer said the association had no choice but to stand its ground.

“The board while not totally against the under-12 format agrees with the concerns clubs have with additional costs associated with the shorter pitch and support the claims of financial assistance is a must if we are to play under-12 games on turf wickets,” Mr Heyzer said.

“It will do damage to cricket pitches and add to curating costs. That’s our biggest beef.

“The ATCA is a turf association and proud of it.

“We don’t want to be forced onto hard wickets.

“It would be an ongoing cost for us.”

He said with the season “fast approaching” the association had to make a “quick decision”.

“I hope SACA can see why we’re doing this,” Mr Heyzer said.

“It would be unfair if the clubs or the association are penalised financially or administratively.”

SACA declined to comment.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Harry49 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:46 am

tigerpie wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Can't read the article.

They are the only 5 teams involved in the ATCA U12's competition. All other clubs are part of NEJCA or a different association.
However, if ATCA are sanctioned this will impact all ATCA clubs even if they aren't in the ATCA juniors which hardly seems fair.
Para Hills play off a shortened pitch as do many others and could all be impacted if insurance discounts and mycricket access is revoked.
Harry49
Rookie

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:18 pm

Harry49 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Can't read the article.

They are the only 5 teams involved in the ATCA U12's competition. All other clubs are part of NEJCA or a different association.
However, if ATCA are sanctioned this will impact all ATCA clubs even if they aren't in the ATCA juniors which hardly seems fair.
Para Hills play off a shortened pitch as do many others and could all be impacted if insurance discounts and mycricket access is revoked.

Aha .... that makes sense. I forgot that ATCA ran an U10 and U12 comp down south.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Minimum Chips » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:43 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Harry49 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Strange it only mentions those 5 clubs as it covers all ATCA clubs. Unusual for The Advertiser to report something incorrectly.

Can't read the article.

Aha .... that makes sense. I forgot that ATCA ran an U10 and U12 comp down south.

Unfortunate if all clubs are penalised because of this, even the ones without juniors at this level.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby heater31 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:52 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Harry49 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:[quote="Senor Moto Gadili"]

Can't read the article.

Unfortunate if all clubs are penalised because of this, even the ones without juniors at this level.[/quote]

Would all clubs not affected by this be happy to contribute to the extra curator costs????
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:39 pm

The option's given to us at a meeting with saca were...prepare extra wickets each week or tell the seniors to suck it up and put up with the damage on game day.
Maybe the big boys at CA should do some R & D on some sort of mats.
What would 3 hours of having a mat on them do yo the wicket. I don't know? It may be an option
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:21 pm

tigerpie wrote:The option's given to us at a meeting with saca were...prepare extra wickets each week or tell the seniors to suck it up and put up with the damage on game day.
What would 3 hours of having a mat on them do yo the wicket. I don't know? It may be an option

Why is it only ATCA that has their wickets damaged by this, no one else in Australia does?
Youre fighting a battle here you are not going to win.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Slowleftarm » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:38 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
tigerpie wrote:The option's given to us at a meeting with saca were...prepare extra wickets each week or tell the seniors to suck it up and put up with the damage on game day.

Why is it only ATCA that has their wickets damaged by this, no one else in Australia does?

It's the thrill of the fight though
Slowleftarm

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:26 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

ATCA aren't the only cricket association pushing back are they?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:34 pm

Apologies if this has been covered. Someone suggested that the kids only bat at one end, which means you can put down some portable stumps and mark a popping crease with tape at the non strikers end. Is that not an acceptable solution for SACA?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps