Adelaide Crows 2019

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Postby LMA » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:25 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Eddie finally dropped?

Yep. Time to rename the forward pocket at AO.

Stengle's Section.

regards,

REB

Apricot Avenue
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:34 am

LMA wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Eddie finally dropped?

Yep. Time to rename the forward pocket at AO.

Stengle's Section.

regards,

REB

Apricot Avenue

Champagne Cul De Sac
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby marbles » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:23 am

little bit cunning too to drop eddie against carlton in which he himself would have been looking forward to if figures he'll retire at seasons end and it be the last time he plays his old blues, he'd be viciously devo
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:40 am

marbles wrote:little bit cunning too to drop eddie against carlton in which he himself would have been looking forward to if figures he'll retire at seasons end and it be the last time he plays his old blues, he'd be viciously devo

He should have played better leading up to the match then.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:08 am

Damned if you do damned if you don’t
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby LMA » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:19 am

As good as Glenelg have been, theirs to lose :D, I would expect Eddie to snag atleast a 4for
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby MW » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:40 am

marbles wrote:little bit cunning too to drop eddie against carlton in which he himself would have been looking forward to if figures he'll retire at seasons end and it be the last time he plays his old blues, he'd be viciously devo

I reckon you'd be the type of person who asks someone "hit me in the face", and after they do it you ask "why did you hit me in the face?"
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:23 am

MW wrote:

I reckon you'd be the type of person who asks someone "hit me in the face", and after they do it you ask "why did you hit me in the face?"

You think he needs to ask?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:37 am

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:

Although I agree with you both (strongly agree I should iterate), I think he has a bit of a point, just wrong wording. If they've put up with mediocrity from him for this long, why not let him play against his former club? It will be possibly his last chance to, his last chance to play on the G, he did kick 6 two weeks ago, I think it's a bit rude to deny him the opportunity.

Perhaps they were worried that he might kick a few and buy a few more weeks?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:45 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
MW wrote:

Although I agree with you both (strongly agree I should iterate), I think he has a bit of a point, just wrong wording. If they've put up with mediocrity from him for this long, why not let him play against his former club? It will be possibly his last chance to, his last chance to play on the G, he did kick 6 two weeks ago, I think it's a bit rude to deny him the opportunity.

Perhaps they were worried that he might kick a few and buy a few more weeks?

Adelaide's selections make no sense at all this week.

Keath, if he needs a break then give him a break but why pick Otten when they've been playing Fogarty in defence most of this season at SANFL level?

Even more puzzling when Carlton only have McKay and Casboult as tall forwards ( Curnow is out injured, Kreuzer is managed so Phillips rucks alone ) and Adelaide have Talia, Hartigan and Kelly already in the side. Surely they play Fogarty?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:08 am

Booney wrote:
Adelaide's selections make no sense at all this week.

Keath, if he needs a break then give him a break but why pick Otten when they've been playing Fogarty in defence most of this season at SANFL level?

Even more puzzling when Carlton only have McKay and Casboult as tall forwards ( Curnow is out injured, Kreuzer is managed so Phillips rucks alone ) and Adelaide have Talia, Hartigan and Kelly already in the side. Surely they play Fogarty?

I'm baffled at how the Cows are favourites? Carlton 3 out of their last 4, beat Sydney in Sydney.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:10 am

Fogarty has been playing forward again
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:24 am

Fogarty is barely sanfl standard yet would be an upgrade on walker at the moment
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 1437 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Spargo » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:28 am

The handling of Fogarty over the last 18 months is bewildering.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5125 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby stan » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:51 am

Spargo wrote:The handling of Fogarty over the last 18 months is bewildering.
True, can't work out what they want him to be yet. Well and truly stuffed him around. Wouldn't be surprised if he seeks a trade out of the club soon.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby whufc » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:57 am

stan wrote:
Spargo wrote:The handling of Fogarty over the last 18 months is bewildering.
True, can't work out what they want him to be yet. Well and truly stuffed him around. Wouldn't be surprised if he seeks a trade out of the club soon.

I haven't seen enough of him but have a perception that he is:

1. Not a great enough mover to be a big bodied mid
2. Not quite big enough to play as a key position forward
3. His lack of speed/movement means he cant apply enough forward pressure to be a smaller pocket or flanker.

I could be completely off the mark but its the impression I get from the few times I have seen him at SANFL level.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:51 am

Adelaide has made a number of massive selection calls this season, with veteran Eddie Betts following in the footsteps of Bryce Gibbs and Josh Jenkins on Thursday night.

Co-captain Taylor Walker kept his spot, despite calls for the forward to face a similar fate to Betts, after an indifferent year where he’s failed to realise his full potential.

But according to former Herald Sun chief footy reporter Mike Sheahan, Walker’s form hasn’t just been sub-par in 2019, but ever since Adelaide lost the 2017 Grand Final.

“I think Taylor Walker’s bravado was exposed in the Grand Final against Richmond,” Sheahan told SEN Breakfast.

“I don’t think he’s recovered from that. I think his self esteem took a massive hammering that day.”

“I think Taylor gives the impression he’s much tougher and more aggressive than he is.”

Melbourne great Garry Lyon defender Walker, citing how on two occasions the Adelaide skipper had been voted by his peers as the best leader in the AFL.

Lyon also suggested Walker’s reputation had — rightly or wrongly — taken a hit after the club’s “power ranger” stance during the national anthem became a talking point.

“Don’t forget he was voted by his peers as the back-to-back best captain in the comp,” Lyon said.

“As he became the back-to-back best captain in the comp he then made that decision about the Crows’ stance. I think that was all well and good until it failed so dismally.

“That’s when the narrative came around that he’s a huffer and a puffer, which is not right in itself.

“He tried something there as a leader that worked and worked and worked, and then they had a bad Grand Final.”

Walker kicked 54 goals and took 146 marks in Adelaide’s minor premiership year of 2017.

In 2019 he has booted 29 majors and 88 marks with five games still remaining in the season.

While Sheahan conceded Walker wasn’t alone in his underwhelming Grand Final performance, he criticised the Adelaide co-captain’s propensity to pretend he’s tough.

“He fits the definition of the flat track bully,” he said.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:56 am

Being called a flat track bully by a pencil necked geek is the height of criticism. Not sure how Tex will recover from this.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:07 pm

MW wrote:Being called a flat track bully by a pencil necked geek is the height of criticism. Not sure how Tex will recover from this.

Quicker than he's recovered from the 2017 GF one hopes.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:14 pm

I’d be more concerned about Tex squibbing the contest. Two very ugly ones this year now that would get most players dropped in the spot
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL