Adelaide Crows 2019

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Postby stan » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:20 pm

Booney wrote:
stan wrote:
MW wrote:Say he does get sacked and Crows are in the eight by tonight...would that be the first side in the 8 who sacks their coach mid season?
This is a good point, I mean you guys aren't going well but are you in coach sacking territory at the moment?

Maybe not as you said you are in the 8. Win next week against the saints which I would is deffintly doable and you push further in.

The "member elected" Riccuito has to be in the gun. Burton and Hart under his watch hasn't worked. Why did Francou and Kaesler break contracts to get out of there? Cameron and McGovern too.
Cameron wanted to be up in QLD with a lot of his friends and some family are. He spent a lot of time up there and honestly he really didn't have any friends here in Adelaide outside football.

Also he and his partner were not as close to the Betts family as you might think.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:36 pm

stan wrote:
MW wrote:Say he does get sacked and Crows are in the eight by tonight...would that be the first side in the 8 who sacks their coach mid season?
This is a good point, I mean you guys aren't going well but are you in coach sacking territory at the moment?

Maybe not as you said you are in the 8. Win next week against the saints which I would is deffintly doable and you push further in.

No way he gets the chop during the season while they can still make the 8. History shows though that missing finals 2 years in a row does get you sacked though.

Cornes in 94 after a disappointing year
Shaw no finals 95-96
Blighty i guess on own terms
Ayers 04 mid season sitting around 13th and copping some hammerings
Craig missing in 10 and disappointing 11 sacked mid year
Sanderson missing in 13-14
Pyke 18-19? watch this space

either way one of the biggest off-seasons the clubs had. The broom well and truly needs to sweep through the club.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Spargo » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:42 pm

Forget that they’ll probably fall into 8th place & exit the first week of finals. There’s a stench at this club, has been for a while - no denying it.
We all hear stories/rumours, most false, some have to be true though. Too many mates looking out for each other despite poor performance, in an industry that will eventually find you out. Too many underperforming big name players in cushy media gigs with (amongst others) board members that host radio shows. Poor/weak/invalid explanations on why certain players are dropped/selected.
And simply not enough accountability - this club is a protected mob, and the local media are a big part of this.
With this current list, the slide is on. The rest of the comp is pointing & laughing.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5455 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:44 pm

Spargo wrote:Forget that they’ll probably fall into 8th place & exit the first week of finals. There’s a stench at this club, has been for a while - no denying it.
We all hear stories/rumours, most false, some have to be true though. Too many mates looking out for each other despite poor performance, in an industry that will eventually find you out. Too many underperforming big name players in cushy media gigs with (amongst others) board members that host radio shows. Poor/weak/invalid explanations on why certain players are dropped/selected.
And simply not enough accountability - this club is a protected mob, and the local media are a big part of this.
With this current list, the slide is on. The rest of the comp is pointing & laughing.

Too many mates in high places to do a massive clean out.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:50 pm

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:Forget that they’ll probably fall into 8th place & exit the first week of finals. There’s a stench at this club, has been for a while - no denying it.

Too many mates in high places to do a massive clean out.
Let's be honest. From the outside, none of us want the broom going through West Lakes.

And on a side note, McGovern may be right afterall.....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:53 pm

Since when do you reckon?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Spargo » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:58 pm

mighty hounds wrote:

Heading into the 2017 GF.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5455 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Gozu » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:02 pm

This has kind of always been the problem with the Crows since they entered the comp. They're my team and have been since '91 but the club has always been far too conservative. Too scared to bottom and make the hard decisions. Blighty came in and made the immediate changes clearing out the deadwood favourite sons and that immediately turned into back to back premierships and we haven't won anything or looked like winning another one in the 20+ years since.

Pyke is IMO an average coach nothing special but not terrible either and I don't envy the position he finds himself in. He's in between a rock and a hard place. He knows guys like Walker, Betts, Jacobs, Douglas, Otten etc need to be moved on but the club would be too fearful of doing it so he has to tread water by dropping one here or there (although Tex is seemingly untouchable) crossing his fingers and hoping for the best.

This maybe making the finals maybe just missing out stuff does nothing for the club. I can understand staying with the status quo last year in the hope 2017 wasn't our last shot in the locker but after the embarrassment of 2018 the team should've bottomed out to start rebuilding through the draft. 2019 has only confirmed 2018 wasn't an aberration and we are no longer legitimate premiership contenders. Get rid of Pyke at season's end and 5 or 6 of the oldies (I could handle Gibbs staying on too good a player still).

I had a mate visit from interstate yesterday and we watched both the SANFL & AFL games and I said to him this game against Carlton is make or break time. We should win and win convincingly but it wouldn't surprise me if we found a way to lose. The Crows never looked like winning the game. This needs to be the biggest offseason at the club since '96 but it won't be.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:15 am

mighty hounds wrote:

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:21 am

Pyke had beers and pizzas at his place yesterday, that would have been a laugh a minute.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:25 am

Booney wrote:Pyke had beers and pizzas at his place yesterday, that would have been a laugh a minute.

The old pizza eating contest.
Old school, I like it!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby MW » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:29 am

Booney wrote:Pyke had beers and pizzas at his place yesterday, that would have been a laugh a minute.

Did they watch the Port v GWS replay?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:34 am

MW wrote:

It's just a two team world for you, isn't it?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:39 am

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:

Don't be like that. You throw shade at the Crows and can't take it back? I can't give you shit about any other side can I! :lol:
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:43 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:
MW wrote:

Don't be like that. You throw shade at the Crows and can't take it back? I can't give you shit about any other side can I! :lol:

Shade? Please, I'm nothing but complimentary.

For instance - I'm really enjoying Adelaide's list management strategy at the moment, I think they're building for the future quite nicely.

See?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:45 am

That's the spirit
MW
Coach

Postby mots02 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:52 am

I would have thought most of the rest of the comp would have had more important things to do than point and laugh at the crows
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 850 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby MW » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:54 am

When you've got NM supporters pointing and laughing you know you've hit rock bottom
MW
Coach

Postby mots02 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:57 am

MW wrote:When you've got NM supporters pointing and laughing you know you've hit rock bottom

They'll be giving us recruiting advice next
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 850 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Magellan » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:10 am

mots02 wrote:

I would have thought most of the rest of the comp would have had more important things to do than point and laugh at the crows

Absolutely agree.

It's just too hard, I mean, where would you start? ;)
Last edited by Magellan on Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL