PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Re: 2019 Ladder Predictions

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:28 am

I’d be very surprised if Richmond don’t win nearly all their remaining fixtures.
As for us I think the Dogs will pip us for 8th unless we can somehow win this Friday night. Our blokes are dropping like flies and not sure we can win the 4 games required to play finals.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:47 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:RE-VISITED: (in red)

Lightning McQueen wrote:1 Richmond Geelong (+4)
2 West Coast Collingwood (+1)
3 Collingwood West Coast (-1)
4 Adelaide GWS Giants (+4)
5 Geelong Richmond (-4)
6 Melbourne Adelaide (-2)
7 Port Adelaide Brisbane Lions (+5)
8 GWS Giants Port Adelaide (-1)

9 Essendon Fremantle (+4)
10 Sydney Western Bulldogs (+5)
11 North Melbourne Hawthorn (+3)
12 Brisbane Lions Melbourne (-6)
13 Fremantle Sydney (-3)
14 Hawthorn Essendon (-5)
15 Western Bulldogs North Melbourne (-4)
16 St. Kilda St. Kilda (E)
17 Gold Coast Gold Coast (E)
18 Carlton Carlton (E)

Geelong 68
West Coast 64
Brisbane 64
Richmond 64
GWS 60
Collingwood 60
Essendon 52
Adelaide 40

Port 40
Hawthorn 40
Bulldogs 40
North 36
Fremantle 36
St. Kilda 36
Sydney 32
Carlton 28
Melbourne 20
Gold Coast 12

*Based on all results being 20 point wins.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:50 am

Right now Geelong don't look like a side set to finish top by a game or two, do they? Since the bye beaten Sydney, St Kilda and Adelaide, lost to Port, Hawthorn, Bulldogs, 3 sides out of the 8.

Having said that, we've seen it from them before, fly high early, fall back, drop out of the race mid September.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:54 am

Bulldogs vs Crows in round 23 looms to be huge.
Port travelling to Marvel in round 22 to take on the Roo's will be pivotal for them, even if they do fail against the Bombers this week they'll still have a pulse.
Dogs have a tough run home, they'll need to topple the Bombers in round 21 to have a big sniff of jumping both SA teams.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:56 am

Booney wrote:Right now Geelong don't look like a side set to finish top by a game or two, do they? Since the bye beaten Sydney, St Kilda and Adelaide, lost to Port, Hawthorn, Bulldogs, 3 sides out of the 8.

Having said that, we've seen it from them before, fly high early, fall back, drop out of the race mid September.

I've got them to beat Freo over there, beat North at GHMGHDFHDFGHHFHJJJHGSFDFDFFF Stadium, lose to the Lions up there then knock off Carlton at GHMGHDFHDFGHHFHJJJHGSFDFDFFF Stadium in the last.

Even an extra loss will see them finish top with their healthy percentage.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:01 am

Booney wrote:Right now Geelong don't look like a side set to finish top by a game or two, do they? Since the bye beaten Sydney, St Kilda and Adelaide, lost to Port, Hawthorn, Bulldogs, 3 sides out of the 8.

Tanking at the moment mate. Put the rest of the finals teams in a false sense of security and then bang!!!!!!

Na, we're shit at the moment and will be going out in straight sets the way we are currently playing. I'm just holding out hope they find some form because we all know their best is good enough to win a flag.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:07 am

Bum Crack wrote:

Tanking at the moment mate. Put the rest of the finals teams in a false sense of security and then bang!!!!!!

Na, we're shit at the moment and will be going out in straight sets the way we are currently playing. I'm just holding out hope they find some form because we all know their best is good enough to win a flag.

All about timing, isn't it? Richmond look to have the timing right.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:11 am

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

All about timing, isn't it? Richmond look to have the timing right.

Richmond will want to hope we do end up top and they are 4th because they will be a bit worried about travelling to Perth or Brisbane first week of finals. I'm hoping we end up 2nd and play Lions or Eagles in Melbourne.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:35 pm

Bum Crack wrote:

Interesting one Geelong .. I worried about the legs on some of their older stars holding up, but they've put themselves in a great position to manage it. You'd like them to regain near best form sometime in the next week or two, because if they can find it they only have to peak for 3 or 4 games.

My ladder predictor oddly enough, still has Port making it IF they can win at least 1 of their Marvel games against the Bombers and Roos - Unfortunately for Port these particular matchups have been regular Banana skins for them.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:04 pm

JK wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Interesting one Geelong .. I worried about the legs on some of their older stars holding up, but they've put themselves in a great position to manage it. You'd like them to regain near best form sometime in the next week or two, because if they can find it they only have to peak for 3 or 4 games.

My ladder predictor oddly enough, still has Port making it IF they can win at least 1 of their Marvel games against the Bombers and Roos - Unfortunately for Port these particular matchups have been regular Banana skins for them.

Just spoke to a mate about Geelong and their older legs. It's an advantage early in the year when the bigger stronger bodies who have just done their 10th,11th,12th preseason has them harder than the young sides, as the year wears on they have shown in recent years they slow a little, certainly when the whips are cracking the top 2 or 3 sides have had their measure.

When it comes to managing players it's like they respect the opposition too much, Danger, Selwood x2, Ablett, Hawkins, Taylor etc could all get a week off here and there but don't show the opposition respect, drop a game or two and lose that top 2 or 4 spot and it comes back to bite.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:13 pm

We'll just have to wait and see. I'm holding out hope. At least we give ourselves a chance by being top 4 so that's a bonus
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:15 pm

Geelong have to avoid Richmond at the MCG in week 1 otherwise it will probably be a straight sets exit
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:18 pm

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Just spoke to a mate about Geelong and their older legs. It's an advantage early in the year when the bigger stronger bodies who have just done their 10th,11th,12th preseason has them harder than the young sides, as the year wears on they have shown in recent years they slow a little, certainly when the whips are cracking the top 2 or 3 sides have had their measure.

When it comes to managing players it's like they respect the opposition too much, Danger, Selwood x2, Ablett, Hawkins, Taylor etc could all get a week off here and there but don't show the opposition respect, drop a game or two and lose that top 2 or 4 spot and it comes back to bite.

Pfft...thats what the byes are for
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby JK » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:27 pm

Jim05 wrote:Geelong have to avoid Richmond at the MCG in week 1 otherwise it will probably be a straight sets exit

Yeah I think that's a fair worry .. Although maybe the Cats take confidence from trouncing the Tiges at the G earlier in the season (granted Richmond were wayyyy off where they are now)?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:31 pm

JK wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Geelong have to avoid Richmond at the MCG in week 1 otherwise it will probably be a straight sets exit

Yeah I think that's a fair worry .. Although maybe the Cats take confidence from trouncing the Tiges at the G earlier in the season (granted Richmond were wayyyy off where they are now)?

The two sides were in vastly different shape. Richmond were wounded and paddling, Geelong weren't.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:40 pm

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

The two sides were in vastly different shape. Richmond were wounded and paddling, Geelong weren't.

Yes, that's effectively what I was saying David ;)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:41 pm

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:
JK wrote:

Yes, that's effectively what I was saying David ;)

Sorry, Constance, I thought the ? implied you were asking. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:45 pm

There's a blast from the past, poor old Connie :(
FUSC
JK
Coach