Finals

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Finals

Postby Brett » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:41 pm

SANFL has released the fixture for the 2019 Statewide Super League Finals Series.
The fixture will see all Statewide Super League finals played at Adelaide Oval, the major round kicking off with a double-header on Saturday August 31.
‘’With there being no AFL matches on the first weekend of SANFL finals, we saw this as an ideal opportunity to showcase the Elimination and Qualifying Finals in a different time slot and in doing so, not compromise the dads out there by keeping free Father’s Day which is celebrated the next day,’’ SANFL General Manager of Football Adam Kelly said.
‘’SANFL fans have traditionally supported night football strongly which should make for an exciting atmosphere to launch the 2019 Statewide Super League Finals Series, a series which is shaping as one of quality and intrigue that will build upon the highly successful conclusions to the season that we have witnessed over recent years.’’
The remaining SANFL finals will be played on Sundays, including the Statewide Super League Grand Final on Sunday September 22 at 3:00pm.
Every final will be telecast live on Channel 7. Games will also be live streamed via SANFL Digital Pass, 1079 Life and for the first time, SEN 1629AM. ABC Radio Adelaide, South Australia and Broken Hill will broadcast the Preliminary and Grand Finals while FIVEaa and Triple M will broadcast the Grand Final.

ROUND 18 FIXTURE FINALISED
SANFL has also finalised its fixture for Round 18 of the Statewide Super League.
One match, between West Adelaide and North Adelaide, will be played under lights on Friday August 23 while the remaining four will start at 2.10pm on Saturday August 24.
This will ensure all competing clubs in Week 1 of the Statewide Super League Finals Series will have a minimum of seven days rest ahead of the Elimination and Qualifying Finals on Saturday August 31.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Re: Finals

Postby Magellan » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:03 pm

Brett wrote:ROUND 18 FIXTURE FINALISED
SANFL has also finalised its fixture for Round 18 of the Statewide Super League.
One match, between West Adelaide and North Adelaide, will be played under lights on Friday August 23 while the remaining four will start at 2.10pm on Saturday August 24.
This will ensure all competing clubs in Week 1 of the Statewide Super League Finals Series will have a minimum of seven days rest ahead of the Elimination and Qualifying Finals on Saturday August 31.

Tough last round - North now play Westies under lights, then host the Eagles at Prospect less than 24 hours later!
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby LMA » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:06 pm

15:20 and 19:05 for the Saturday fixture ;)
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Brett » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:21 pm

I think its a good move and may attract a bigger crowd. Would still prefer suburban grounds for finals . Much better atmosphere IMO and a good look for TV .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Wedgie » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:25 pm

I still think the perfect set up was when the GF was the week after the AFL GF and you could have had the first two weeks of finals on a Saturday arvo, the Prelim on a Fri night and the GF on the Saturday of the long weekend.
Never got tried unfortunately.
Baby steps though, the first week of the finals on a Sat with a night game is a good move IMHO.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Gozu » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:26 pm

How come no SANFL game on TV this weekend?
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:31 pm

Brett wrote:I think its a good move and may attract a bigger crowd. Would still prefer suburban grounds for finals . Much better atmosphere IMO and a good look for TV .

Will get a smaller crowd now, clashing with grassroots finals :roll:

Can guarantee the AFL teams have had a big say in this...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby LMA » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:41 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Brett wrote:I think its a good move and may attract a bigger crowd. Would still prefer suburban grounds for finals . Much better atmosphere IMO and a good look for TV .

Whoa! We've trademarked that excuse, just ask UK Fan.
LMA
Coach

Postby RB » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:45 pm

Wedgie wrote:I still think the perfect set up was when the GF was the week after the AFL GF and you could have had the first two weeks of finals on a Saturday arvo, the Prelim on a Fri night and the GF on the Saturday of the long weekend.
Never got tried unfortunately.

Yep, would've been great.
Last edited by RB on Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby RB » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:46 pm

Brett wrote:Would still prefer suburban grounds for finals . Much better atmosphere IMO

You must have a great memory considering there hasn't been one for 46 years!
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Brett » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:28 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Guarantee ? Do tell .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Brett » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:30 pm

RB wrote:
Brett wrote:Would still prefer suburban grounds for finals . Much better atmosphere IMO

You must have a great memory considering there hasn't been one for 46 years!

I never referred to the past ? I just think it is better for a range of reasons. Whats your point ? :roll:
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Dutchy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:20 pm

Brett wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Guarantee ? Do tell .

One of the teams could be playing Thursday night after this weekend, Sunday SANFL finals gives them a 4 day break, gotta do the best for the AFL teams remember?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby DOC » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:30 pm

You don't think AFL reserves should play in the state leagues?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Brett » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:38 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Brett wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Guarantee ? Do tell .

One of the teams could be playing Thursday night after this weekend, Sunday SANFL finals gives them a 4 day break, gotta do the best for the AFL teams remember?

I dont understand sorry . This weekend and Thursday night ? I am talking about a Saturday night final ?
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby LMA » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:51 pm

He's saying in the first week of AFL finals (Sept 5-8) there's a chance that Adelaide will play on Thursday night. If Adelaide reserves play on Sunday arvo there's only 4 days between games.
LMA
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:01 pm

LMA wrote:He's saying in the first week of AFL finals (Sept 5-8) there's a chance that Adelaide will play on Thursday night. If Adelaide reserves play on Sunday arvo there's only 4 days between games.

Bad luck.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Brett » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:11 pm

Im not a fan of AFL reserves but surely with 4 AFL games to go the SANFL could not predict that . What would happen if the Crows won every game from here and other teams lost ? Give me a break. I know a lot are anti SANFL but turn it up . I mean Port could start winning games and stop blaming everyone else .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Dutchy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:28 pm

Jim05 wrote:
LMA wrote:He's saying in the first week of AFL finals (Sept 5-8) there's a chance that Adelaide will play on Thursday night. If Adelaide reserves play on Sunday arvo there's only 4 days between games.

Bad luck.

Exactly what the SANFL should have told them
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby LMA » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:29 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Bad luck.

Don't shoot the messenger. Was just explaining Wedgie's post to my mate .
LMA
Coach

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL