wubsy's Sydney thread

Talk on the national game

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:53 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Selfishly went on one year to long, should've had a kid on the list this season instaed of signing him for one more, probably set the rebuild back a couple years

He was still racking up good numbers at the end of last season and early this season. You can't predict the future... Hasn't sent anything back...

But your negative comment was predictable and incorrect...

Rubbish he missed half of last year with calf injuries too, stupid decision to resign him. He shouldn't have put any pressure on the club and retired gracefully

He had a good 2018, playing 19 games and averaging 21 disposals. To suggest he was selfish to play on is just plain wrong. Very good player and a great career.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:15 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Selfishly went on one year to long, should've had a kid on the list this season instaed of signing him for one more, probably set the rebuild back a couple years

He was still racking up good numbers at the end of last season and early this season. You can't predict the future... Hasn't sent anything back...

But your negative comment was predictable and incorrect...

Rubbish he missed half of last year with calf injuries too, stupid decision to resign him. He shouldn't have put any pressure on the club and retired gracefully

He had a good 2018, playing 19 games and averaging 21 disposals. To suggest he was selfish to play on is just plain wrong. Very good player and a great career.

Senor can you please take your common sense and facts somewhere else ;)

Well said SMG
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:51 pm

The Hawks are sliding away so daisy will only be able to shit can others now instead of beating his chest.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:12 pm

Booney wrote:The Hawks are sliding away so daisy will only be able to shit can others now instead of beating his chest.

Isn’t that what we all do best?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:15 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:The Hawks are sliding away so daisy will only be able to shit can others now instead of beating his chest.

Sticking around win, lose or draw is more admirable.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:17 pm

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Agreed but many people would rather shitcan other teams than support their own
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:25 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

I shitcan my own side more than other teams. USELESS KENTS!! [emoji35]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Brodlach » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:39 pm

Jim you shitcan everyone no matter what sport it is :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:41 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

That's what all Hawks supporters are best at when their team isn't performing. Biggest bunch of front runner supporters in the AFL
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby MW » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:44 pm

Not unlike the silent Poms at the cricket last night...sounded like a Shield game
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby DOC » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:15 pm

Same old pomies
Always whingeing
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:39 pm

Isaac Heeney will play his 100th game this Saturday...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:41 pm

Sydney Swans Hall of Famer Andrew Dunkley says his relationship with the club is now “non-existent” and believes they didn’t draft his son Josh because they didn’t rate him highly enough.

Dunkley retired after 217 games and 11 seasons at the Swans but didn’t depart on the best terms with the club. He told Open Mike he thought was in line for a coaching role after looking after the defence while still playing in Paul Roos’ first year in charge.

But heading into the second-last game of the 2002 season, and the day before a testimonial lunch, Dunkley and the Swans discussed his future.

“When they said to me they wanted to have a chat I thought, I’m done. Good timing, function the next day,” he said on Fox Footy.

“I remember the bank ringing me the following Monday to ask what I was doing for work.

“I didn’t expect a role, but I thought I’d get something. I had a phone call from Roosy saying that my best option would be to go and coach in the Sydney footy league. That wasn’t viable.

“I thought in hindsight there might’ve been something in the club. I did a lot of welfare - my wife and I spent a lot of time looking after young recruits, housed them. No financial reward or anything from the club.

“My last year, Roos went to coach as a senior coach and I did the defence. I don’t know. Doing two jobs. I would’ve thought there would be something, but that’s fine.”

Dunkley was inducted into the Swans Hall of Fame in 2011 but did not attend the function.

He told veteran journalist Mike Sheahan his relationship with the club is “non-existent, really”.

“I don’t really have much to do with them. I still get memberships sent to me, but not much at all.

“I didn’t attend the function. I just think, being interstate, moving back home to Victoria once I finished playing, you sort of move on a bit.

“It wasn’t about me back then. I just wasn’t that interested. I’m not a glamorous sort of person, I just like to do my own thing.

“It’s probably a bit sad, I should’ve gone in hindsight. But I’ve got no interest.”

Dunkley wasn’t offended when his former club opted not to draft his son Josh, who is now at the Western Bulldogs.

He suggested that the club wasn’t willing to go into a draft points deficit to secure him under the new bidding process. That would have been necessary after the Swans matched Melbourne’s bid with Pick 3 for Callum Mills.

“It was an interesting time, with the new rule system with the draft points and all that sort of stuff,” he said.

“I think Sydney had rated Josh in the draft, they would’ve had to have gone into deficit with the points, and they chose not to, so that’s how it ended up. The Bulldogs were pretty keen on him.

“I don’t think Sydney recruiting rated Josh earlier on as a player. Back when he was under-16s, captaining the country in New Zealand, I don’t think they really rated him that much. The story was that probably later, maybe second round, they might’ve matched it but not at that level.

“I wasn’t fussed (where he went). He just wanted to get on an AFL list, so where that was was anywhere in the country. It’s great now he’s in Melbourne, we get to spend every weekend with him. It’s pretty special.”

Catch Andrew Dunkley’s full interview on Open Mike at 8.30pm on Tuesday
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:36 pm

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Youd know all about that, sounds like a comment from a fan that's gotten used to not winning any silverware, 2 teams, one premiership in 20 years :D
Ill be back up and about in 2 years ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:37 pm

Sticking around win, lose or draw is more admirable.[/quote]

Agreed but many people would rather shitcan other teams than support their own[/quote]
That's what all Hawks supporters are best at when their team isn't performing. Biggest bunch of front runner supporters in the AFL[/quote]

Which one is it youre not over yet, 89 or 08 :D
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:13 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Sticking around win, lose or draw is more admirable.

Agreed but many people would rather shitcan other teams than support their own[/quote]
That's what all Hawks supporters are best at when their team isn't performing. Biggest bunch of front runner supporters in the AFL[/quote]

Which one is it youre not over yet, 89 or 08 :D[/quote]
Oh dear. I don't hold grudges. I'm too angry how this year looks like panning out for my team to be worrying about those gf losses.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby DOC » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:37 am

Watched Open Mike with Andrew Dunkley.

To say he hates the Swans is a massive understatement. A Hall of Fame member there as well, he refused to go to his own induction.

Suspect he feels that it was all take by the club and no give especially when he retired. Will not go back there. Period.

Worth watching.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby helicopterking » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:44 am

[quote="DOC"]Watched Open Mike with Andrew Dunkley.

To say he hates the Swans is a massive understatement.

So he is like everyone else?
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:31 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Youd know all about that, sounds like a comment from a fan that's gotten used to not winning any silverware, 2 teams, one premiership in 20 years :D
Ill be back up and about in 2 years ;)

I do stick around my fair weathered foe so I'm not sure if you were complimenting me or if it was a very ordinary troll.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:01 am

DOC wrote:Watched Open Mike with Andrew Dunkley.

To say he hates the Swans is a massive understatement. A Hall of Fame member there as well, he refused to go to his own induction.

Suspect he feels that it was all take by the club and no give especially when he retired. Will not go back there. Period.

Worth watching.

Bit of a sook if you asked me. Sounded like he just expected a job for the boys when he retired.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL