Adelaide Crows 2019

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Postby UK Fan » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:05 pm

UK Fan wrote:
LMA wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Happy to see you talking about crowds Mr Boon. I doubt you will next week.

So you guys are trying to tell me that the wallpapering over cracks move to Adelaide Oval isnt working 5 years after spending $600 mill of tax payers money.

What a surprise. :roll: :roll:

Your hatred of PAFC has clouded your judgement. AO investment has paid back in spades. Sport, entertainment, tourism and businesses have all benefited. You'd realise this if you weren't so salty :butthead:

So why isn’t pafc financially better off then ??

With China and Adelaide Oval allegedly raking in the $$$$ surely you’d have paid off some debt and or reported $millions in profits.

Crowds have dropped from 44k in the 1st year to 34k for PAFC. 10000 fans simply can’t be bothered anymore after 5 years.

It sounds like history repeating itself to me.

Any chance you can inform us of the answer LAME ??

Instead of talking about dim sims. Or does your love for pafc cloud your ability to assess the reality of the situation??
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:11 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Booney wrote:
LMA wrote:[quote="Lightning McQueen"

Roll on Bower makes some good dimmies. Lemongrass Chicken and 2 Dim Sims thanks.

Big combo and a mixed cold roll, eat the pork and keep the chicken and prawn cold roll for later.

Can an admin please delete all these off topic posts?

Please get it back on topic, like Apricot Slice.[/quote]

And bagging JJ
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:24 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
And PM the culprits with how to view the rules of the site :lol:

Or ring them.

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby therisingblues » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:40 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Also forgot the world shortage of yummy Dim Sims

I'm not sure that those words could actually go together, dim sims are ok but you'd struggle to find one that's good, let alone "yummy".

Steamed are way better too I might add.

Nah!
Deep fried.
Hmmmm, crispy outside and lots. of. dripping. fat. inside.
Ungngng...
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Brodlach » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:30 pm

With Soy Sauce!

Back on topic I’m predicting a 87 point loss to the Eagles
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:33 pm

Brodlach wrote:With Soy Sauce!

Back on topic I’m predicting a 87 point loss to the Eagles

I think the $1.22 for West Coast is a gift and the $2.65 40+ is tempting.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:35 pm

Jim05 wrote:
mots02 wrote:
carey wrote:You must lead a real sad life.

He might, but he does raise a couple of interesting points and questions though.

Absolutely.
Both Adelaide clubs bucked the AFL trend and had less members this year which would be a concern.
Seems that fans are voting with their feet which is fair enough

Didn't Essendon's numbers follow a similar pattern after Colonial Stadium opened?
From 1999 to 2001 Essendon Members jumped 21%, before falling back by 2003, with only 1 in three of those 21% staying on (ie: 7% increase from 1999 to 2003)

By comparison: Port From 2013 to 2015 jumped 36%, and by 2019, have retained a 30% increase over 2013 figures.

Don't get me wrong, PAFC should be concerned their numbers have gone backwards 3 of the last 4 years, however, after a strong spike thanks to the new shiny oval, its not surprising there has been a short term correction back towards something more sustainable.

A 30% increase today from back in the footy park days, would suggest the move has still been a good thing.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:40 pm

Was a huge backlash from the members when we moved to Marvel and although we do well out of it financially still it has mean our “real” memberships are capped to a degree which hurts us if we want to grow membership.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby LMA » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:43 pm

UK Fan wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

With China and Adelaide Oval allegedly raking in the $$$$ surely you’d have paid off some debt and or reported $millions in profits.

Crowds have dropped from 44k in the 1st year to 34k for PAFC. 10000 fans simply can’t be bothered anymore after 5 years.

Instead of talking about dim sims. Or does your love for pafc cloud your ability to assess the reality of the situation??

:lol: Wow! LAME way to go there Hughesy, with stuff like that we'll see you on Raw Comedy in no time :))

My theory:

2014 first year at AO Port were playing a ripping brand of footy, the Stadium was brand new, we attracted neutrals wanting to see good footy at a great stadium in proximity to the CBD. Fast forward five years the novelty of AO has waned, not many neutrals attend anymore and our footy has been shite.

Just like every other football club in Australia, past and present, if you're not performing the supporters will vote with their feet. Basic stuff to understand for the most of us. On the flipside Melbourne grew their membership from 2018 to 2019 by 20% on the back of a successful year on the field, you follow?

This year we have averaged 35k with around 52k members, that is a 67% attendance rate. To put that in comparison, Collingwood have an average 56k with 85k members at 65% attendance rate and West Coast have an average 53k with 90k members at 59% attendance rate. So again your obsession is embarrassing.

If Port aren't mooching off the SANFL anymore how are they not financially better off?

Fried Dimmies for me thanks.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Brodlach » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:40 pm

Piss off all of you with your Port talk ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby LMA » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:52 pm

Brodlach wrote:Piss off all of you with your Port talk ;)

People have been banned for less.

Could always open up a UK Fan Crowd Watch thread but I don't think the Mods would appreciate two Port Adelaide threads.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby stan » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:57 pm

LMA wrote:

Could always open up a UK Fan Crowd Watch thread but I don't think the Mods would appreciate two Port Adelaide threads.
I reckon I would enjoy that thread. Uk Fan is a bit like a smelly cheese, not sure where I'm going with this right now.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:58 pm

LMA wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

[emoji38] Wow! LAME way to go there Hughesy, with stuff like that we'll see you on Raw Comedy in no time :))

My theory:

2014 first year at AO Port were playing a ripping brand of footy, the Stadium was brand new, we attracted neutrals wanting to see good footy at a great stadium in proximity to the CBD. Fast forward five years the novelty of AO has waned, not many neutrals attend anymore and our footy has been shite.

Just like every other football club in Australia, past and present, if you're not performing the supporters will vote with their feet. Basic stuff to understand for the most of us. On the flipside Melbourne grew their membership from 2018 to 2019 by 20% on the back of a successful year on the field, you follow?

This year we have averaged 35k with around 52k members, that is a 67% attendance rate. To put that in comparison, Collingwood have an average 56k with 85k members at 65% attendance rate and West Coast have an average 53k with 90k members at 59% attendance rate. So again your obsession is embarrassing.

If Port aren't mooching off the SANFL anymore how are they not financially better off?

SANFL are fine. They have the SMA and that's all they care about really.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Brodlach » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:59 pm

stan wrote:
LMA wrote:

I reckon I would enjoy that thread. Uk Fan is a bit like a smelly cheese, not sure where I'm going with this right now.

Stan, you can be so odd sometimes :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:53 pm

LMA wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

:lol: Wow! LAME way to go there Hughesy, with stuff like that we'll see you on Raw Comedy in no time :))

My theory:

So the root cause is Port fans are still frontrunners. Same as 10 years ago at footy park.

$600 mill/Adelaide Oval aint changing that lbh.

Looking forward to this weeks massive crowd against Sydney.

Oh and for the crows fans Eagles by 41 points this weekend IMHO .
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby MW » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:08 pm

As long as you're honest that's all that matters
Last edited by MW on Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:14 pm

So is it Keaths ankle or Keaths imminent departure keeping him out of the side?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:27 pm

UK Fan wrote:So the root cause is Port fans are still frontrunners. Same as 10 years ago at footy park.

Ahhh crap
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby MW » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:29 pm

Booney wrote:So is it Keaths ankle or Keaths imminent departure keeping him out of the side?

Depends if you wear a tin foil hat
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:35 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
UK Fan wrote:So the root cause is Port fans are still frontrunners. Same as 10 years ago at footy park.

Ahhh crap

I still can't get a handle on the little guys issue with the crowds (don't think ever will, but I won't lose any sleep either) but, he certainly has issue with the $610m the previous government spent on the redevelopment. So, is little UK from the 'Bef bucking the Norf's stereotype and he's actually a blue blood Liberal who think he's in the politics forum? He seems quite jaded by the Oval redevelopment, one of very few South Australian's who are, but that's beside the point. If there is one.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL