All discussions to do with the SANFL

Port v WWT Sunday Alberton 1.10pm

Postby DOC » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:55 pm

Port Adelaide v Eagles | Alberton Oval | 1:10pm

Live broadcast on 1079 LIFE FM
Live stream via Digital Pass sanfldigitalpass.com.au
Live radio/scores/stats on the SANFL App | Live scores/stats at sanfl.com.au
PORT
Port Adelaide’s will roll out a classy midfield unit to face the Eagles on Sunday.

West Coast premiership ruckman Scott Lycett will play his first SANFL League match since Round 21 in 2010 with the Magpies.

Lycett will be joined by Power co-captain Ollie Wines, who is returning from a fractured thumb to be listed in the 25-man squad.

Defender Joel Garner and tall utility Dougal Howard will also don the black and white while Billy Frampton will return from a two-match sanction from the SANFL Match Review Panel.

Three talls who performed well in the Magpies’ last win against South Adelaide – Charlie Dixon, Todd Marshall and Peter Ladhams – have all been elevated to AFL level.

League

F: Frampton, Howard, Johnson

HF: Farrell, Motlop, Woodcock

C: Pudney, Atley, Mayes

HB: Hewett, Frederick, Lienert

B: Garner, McKenzie, Grundy

R: Hayes, Trengove, Drew

INT: Wines, Lycett, Davidson, Corcoran, Appleton, Edwards, Elsworthy

IN: Lycett, Wines, Garner, Grundy, Howard, Frampton, Appleton, Edwards

OUT: Ladhams (AFL), Dixon (AFL), Marshall (AFL)

EAGLES
Woodville-West Torrens will make at least one change for its encounter against Port on Sunday.

Dashing defender Joseph Sinor has been sidelined by a knee injury, meaning one of the Eagles’ five inclusions is certain to play.

Jake Comitogianni, Jackson Lee, Jackson Mead, Tom Schmusch and former Bulldog Ben Nason have all been included on the seven-man extended interchange bench.

Nason, a former Richmond forward, could play his first League game for the Eagles having previously lined up with Central District and Glenelg in the Statewide Super League.

League

F: N. Hayes, West, Rowe

HF: Poole, J. Hayes, Moore

C: Sharrad, Lewis, Petrenko

HB: Goldsworthy, Von Bertouch, Rowland

B: Westbrook, Thompson, Giuffreda

R: J. Redden, Lonergan, Foote

INT: Comitogianni, Firns, J. Gaffney, Lee, Mead, Nason, Schmusch

IN: Comitogianni, Lee, Mead, Nason, Schmusch

OUT: Sinor (knee)

Reserves
Weidemann, C. Gaffney, Cook, E. Miller, X. Redden, Wehr, Brill, Bruce, Morgan, Jones, Michael, McLeod, Morris, Frederick, McNeil, Coff, Beecken, Pedler, Heinjus.

Under-18
F: Jackson, R. Williams, Barnett
HF: Kasianowicz, Pearce, Carter
C: Frederick, Hoile, Poulter
HB: J. Burgoyne, Francis, Jones
B: McCann, McNeilly, Mullins

R: H. Smith, Lock, Z. Williams
INT: Brownlie, Godden, Kennedy, Puzzuoli, Scott, Ueding, Watson
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Re: Port v WWT Sunday Alberton 1.10pm

Postby LMA » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:37 pm

May as well board the joint up if Nason can get a game.

Lycett will dominate. Wines will likely get a call up Saturday.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby therisingblues » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:38 pm

Not sure if the Eagles are going to be able to cope with the pie shortage at Alberton... Oh well, it's a known fact now. No point going on about it...
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Brett » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:21 pm

Not sure about the Pie shortage never ending story but the last time I was there the joint was just about boarded up. Could hardly get in let alone a miserable Pie. Then had half the Oval view blocked by a couple of "boxes " on the sidelines . Shut it down for god sake. Its an eye sore . Make it into a caravan park for the tourists.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:47 am

therisingblues wrote:Not sure if the Eagles are going to be able to cope with the pie shortage at Alberton... Oh well, it's a known fact now. No point going on about it...

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:49 am

Brett wrote:Not sure about the Pie shortage never ending story but the last time I was there the joint was just about boarded up. Could hardly get in let alone a miserable Pie. Then had half the Oval view blocked by a couple of "boxes " on the sidelines . Shut it down for god sake. Its an eye sore . Make it into a caravan park for the tourists.

Could hardly get in? Ahh, the Port v Sturt game where some fools thought rocking up with 10 minutes to go would be a "smart' move. Fools.

Half the oval view blocked? You'd have to be a fool to stand behind the boxes in a spot where you can't see. Then again it wasn't worth watching for Sturt fans.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:40 pm

Booney wrote:
Brett wrote:Not sure about the Pie shortage never ending story but the last time I was there the joint was just about boarded up. Could hardly get in let alone a miserable Pie. Then had half the Oval view blocked by a couple of "boxes " on the sidelines . Shut it down for god sake. Its an eye sore . Make it into a caravan park for the tourists.

Could hardly get in? Ahh, the Port v Sturt game where some fools thought rocking up with 10 minutes to go would be a "smart' move. Fools.

Half the oval view blocked? You'd have to be a fool to stand behind the boxes in a spot where you can't see. Then again it wasn't worth watching for Sturt fans.

Damn right! With almost nobody manning the gate and no EFTPOS?
Luckily everyone will be better informed now. Well, those that read this forum will be.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby DOC » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:07 pm

Port by 5 goals

Crowd 2200ish

There will be enough pies

Stout sales to soar

Bourbon sales to go even higher
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Grenville » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:36 pm

Hope Ben gets a start and gets a few touches. Has stuck it out when many have gone to ammos and the like.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Brett » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:46 pm

Booney wrote:

Nah I dont need to line up to purchase a ticket as Im fortunate to have a pass .10 mins before ? Nah , many missed the first 10 mins due to the inadequate entry system. You'd have to be stupid to approve such ridiculous "boxes" without thinking it wouldn't obstruct views . Mind with the little support the Franchise has at SANFL level , it doesn't matter . ( still falling at AFL level too )

I guess you could say the other side of the argument is the franchise could have looked forward and predicted a bigger crowd. Fools.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby LMA » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:54 pm

Brett wrote:
Booney wrote:

Nah I dont need to line up to purchase a ticket as Im fortunate to have a pass .10 mins before ? Nah , many missed the first 10 mins due to the inadequate entry system. You'd have to be stupid to approve such ridiculous "boxes" without thinking it wouldn't obstruct views . Mind with the little support the Franchise has at SANFL level , it doesn't matter . ( still falling at AFL level too )

I guess you could say the other side of the argument is the franchise could have looked forward and predicted a bigger crowd. Fools.

I thought you were an Eagles supporter :lol:
LMA
Coach

Postby Brett » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:02 pm

Why because I have a pass that make me a Sturt supporter as I attended that game ?

Didn't think it would take you long . Cute couple .

Port should win this comfortably .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby LMA » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:24 pm

Brett wrote:Why because I have a pass that make me a Sturt supporter as I attended that game ?

Didn't think it would take you long . Cute couple .

Port should win this comfortably .

Yes, considering the Eagles were playing that same day and at the same time. The ruse is up mate :lol:
LMA
Coach

Postby Brett » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:18 pm

Wines out for Port despite all the crap spoken by them.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby LMA » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:43 am

Brett wrote:Wines out for Port despite all the crap spoken by them.

Check the 2nd post from the top ye Blue Boy
LMA
Coach

Postby Brett » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:12 am

LMA wrote:

I was referring to Port , although can see how you would have got confused . :D
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Booney » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:50 am

Brett wrote:
Booney wrote:

:lol: You make me laugh. Keep it up.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby LMA » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:03 pm

Brett wrote:
LMA wrote:

I was referring to Port , although can see how you would have got confused . :D

Drunk, not confused. Confusion is supporting the Eagles & Sturt :lol:
LMA
Coach

Postby LMA » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:20 pm

Lycett dominating. Eagles can officially shut the door on 2019
LMA
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:24 pm

LMA wrote:Lycett dominating. Eagles can officially shut the door on 2019

Bury the hybrids 40+ pleeeze
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL