6%
Walkerville
No votes
Woodville South
12%

Total votes : 50

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2019

Postby BZB27 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:58 pm

Brodlach wrote:Channel 9 reporting that Kilburn are up to $150,000 in debt. Hope there is no truth in this, not my favourite club but I would hate to see them disappear. Some very good people out there, Failed Creation one of them

Channel 7 said $100,000 and that they have a month to show they can pay it off thanks the the council delaying a meeting.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:43 pm

Might be a dumb question, but if KFCC are evicted, what does that mean for the club? Will they lose access to the clubrooms but still be allowed to operate and hire the ground for football and cricket? Will they be stopped from using the ground altogether?

Their cricket is building again and aiming for 3 sides this year, and their football still has two sides and i'm sure plenty of sponsorship support.

For me being from the area most of my life and still involved in cricket around the corner, if the council forces them to shut the door i fail to see how that'll benefit anyone.. soccer and cricket is reasonably popular amongst the new arrivals in the area (Afghans, Indians and Sudanese), but they're either not organised enough, not interested enough or not financially viable (or willing) to actually keep sport going there. They seem more happy just having their own social games after hours on the ground.

One of the best grounds/facilities for football and cricket - as a competition we cant allow that to go to waste.
One of the longest and proudest clubs with a rich history - as a competition we cant allow that to disappear.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:10 pm

Long story short, rising costs at a large facility, not enough teams using it and too few people helping with running the club mean we are in a tricky position.

Getting more people involved at our club and showing our worth to the community is something we need to do. The very successful Dreamtime game on the weekend is part of that.

I understand the council want to see that we can be financially viable and not just digging a hole. A lot of work to be done but I’m sure we will get through it.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:13 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:It's only stupud because you don't like it.

Nobody wants to see Kilburn go (including me) but if you don't have a ground, where are you going to play?

Why what is happening down at Lionel Ave?

Apparently FC is a party to some secret conspiracy to kick Kilburn out of Lionel Ave. People in on this plan are FC and no one else. So to answer your question there is nothing unusual happening at Lionel Ave but plenty occurring in FC’s imagination.

Sorry, what were you saying?

I'll accept that apology anytime now.

I know stuff.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:40 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Well there's possibly a conspiracy but I'm no part of it - I've been informed by someone at PAE that Kilburn have been served with eviction papers.

If this is true, I'd be livid if I was Carol, this is the thanks she gets for all her hard work on council and for the club over the years.

It's no secret that the council have been wanting to do this for years. There's more money in soccer, which is what the "new residents" now play. I remember Phil going on a massive rant about it on Grass Roots

No eviction papers.

You also stated we won’t exist next year.

Let’s wait for the outcome to see if you are correct. If you had said we had outstanding debts and the council is very concerned I would have agreed with you all along.

Saddest thing about all of this is you gloating on a page who had its heyday in 2007 when dial up internet was a thing.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:56 pm

If its so sad, why are you still posting on it.

Or do you enjoy having Hosies hand firmly fisted up your behind because that's who you sound like

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:25 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Or do you enjoy having Hosies hand firmly fisted up your behind

Don’t think this response is necessary is it?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:32 pm

I have represented a fair few paranoid people in my time. Your fictional construction that Hosie is behind everything you don’t like is probably the most persistent and ridiculous rubbish I’ve come across.

When you mock people because their football club is at risk of going under, which you did twice completely unprompted, you should expect some blow back. It’s your own poor behaviour that’s the cause of your angst.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:45 pm

Nice edit too
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:12 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:I have represented a fair few paranoid people in my time. Your fictional construction that Hosie is behind everything you don’t like is probably the most persistent and ridiculous rubbish I’ve come across.

When you mock people because their football club is at risk of going under, which you did twice completely unprompted, you should expect some blow back. It’s your own poor behaviour that’s the cause of your angst.

So you're trying to say that everything I say is fictional and nothing is fact. Big claim.

You twist peoples words to try and deflect from the facts at hand but one wouldn't expect anything less from a lawyer.

Fact: Kilburn is at risk of going under - and f you're still trying to claim otherwise, then I'm not the delusional one here. Also as you claim, I am not waiting to see the back of the club..

Tell us the plan the club has to get themselves out of trouble then if I'm so wrong. Very narcissistic behaviour from you to try and throw all the blame back on me and trying to tell me I'm the bad person. Stop making this about me. It's not about me.

I didn't edit anything

Footy Chick

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:28 pm

“I’ll accept that apology anytime now”

“I know stuff”.

You made it about you.

I’m not hiding or twisting anything. I accept the club is in trouble. I just think that you making fun of the situation earlier in the year was childish look at me kind of stuff.

PS lawyers are awesome.

PPS you need to google narcissistic.

PPS not for me to post any plan on here. I’m not on the board, it’s a waste of time and no one owes you anything.

I’m going to bed now. Only thing worse than arguing with an idiot is arguing with one on the internet.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:22 am

The Big Shrek wrote:Long story short, rising costs at a large facility, not enough teams using it and too few people helping with running the club mean we are in a tricky position.

Getting more people involved at our club and showing our worth to the community is something we need to do. The very successful Dreamtime game on the weekend is part of that.

I understand the council want to see that we can be financially viable and not just digging a hole. A lot of work to be done but I’m sure we will get through it.

Good luck to all involved out there, as a club you guys always seem to land back on your feet and become stronger.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Fricky » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:58 pm

Kilburn wouldn't be the only club behind in payments, weren't Athlestone massively in debt only a year or two ago.

Never good to see a club financially struggling.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:07 pm

exactly - and PAE is well known for assisting with debts for clubs, they've done it for both Gaza and Greenacres at one point or another.

Footy Chick

Postby Bullrider » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:28 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:
I didn't edit anything

No you just delete posts you dont agree with or posts that call you out for your hypocrisy and bias. :shock:

Did you read your own Cyberbullying Policy ?

"Communicate with others as you would do offline, with courtesy and respect"

“Cyberbullying is a way of delivering covert psychological bullying. It uses information and communication technologies to
support deliberate, repeated and hostile behaviour, by an individual or group that is intended to harm others.”
(Belsey 2007)

Guilty as Charged your Honor

In the case of a non playing club member being proved to have engaged in harassment or bullying, the club employing, engaging
or otherwise associated with the person a the time of the conduct shall be deemed to be vicariously liable for the conduct of the
person and shall pay to the League a penalty to be determined by the league.
Bullrider
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby jo172 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:27 am

Kilburn are like cockroaches in the sense you'd get the feeling they'd survive a nuclear holocaust.

I'd wager they'll outlast most of us.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby jake the snake » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:18 am

Have they tried a go fund me page?
jake the snake
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Fricky » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:44 am

Onto this round

If Mitcham beat Kilburn and Woody Souths and us lose then the finals will be decided by percentage

Currently
4th Woody South 51.19% 18pts
5th Walkerville 51.11% 18pts
6th Kilburn 50.11% 18pts
7th Mitcham 50.59% 16pts

Clearly all teams will be busting their backsides to win so they dont have to rely on other results. In saying that though, if Woody Souths, us and Kilburn all win it will still be decided on percentage. No doubt text messages will be flying around Saturday afternoon checking the scores of all three games.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:11 pm

Weren't Kilburn in deep shit a few years ago?

How did they get out of it last time?
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 1435 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:19 pm

Fricky wrote:Onto this round

If Mitcham beat Kilburn and Woody Souths and us lose then the finals will be decided by percentage

Currently
4th Woody South 51.19% 18pts
5th Walkerville 51.11% 18pts
6th Kilburn 50.11% 18pts
7th Mitcham 50.59% 16pts

Clearly all teams will be busting their backsides to win so they dont have to rely on other results. In saying that though, if Woody Souths, us and Kilburn all win it will still be decided on percentage. No doubt text messages will be flying around Saturday afternoon checking the scores of all three games.

Woody South love doing things the hard way, more often than not it's them v someone to make finals or miss finals - at least they can't get relegated as a result this year ;)

Footy Chick

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League