Brad Crabb

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Brad Crabb

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:05 pm

By ZAC MILBANK

South Adelaide stalwart Brad Crabb has announced he will retire from the Statewide Super League at season’s end.

The former Panthers’ captain revealed his intention to finish his journey with two minor round matches to be played at Flinders University Stadium against North Adelaide and Adelaide within the next fortnight.

And the door remains slightly ajar for the 32-year-old to finish his 15-year career at Noarlunga on a high, with finals qualification still in the picture if the Panthers can defeat the Roosters and Crows while other results fall their way.

Originally from the Western Districts Football club on Kangaroo Island, Crabb joined South just after the turn of the century as he began his tenure in the Navy Blue in the Under-17s before making his League debut in Round 20, 2007.

The dour defender has since gone on to play 213 Statewide Super League games to become one of KI’s greatest footballing exports alongside Port Adelaide premiership ruckman Brendon Lade, Norwood premiership captain Danny Jenkins and star Panthers forward David Stoeckel.

Crabb, who will spend more time with his family and his plumbing business, nominated Sturt’s Brant Chambers, North Adelaide and Glenelg spearhead Clint Alleway and triple Ken Farmer Medallist Michael Wundke as his toughest opponents.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: Brad Crabb

Postby saintal » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:31 pm

Loyal and dedicated, two traits I value highly in a footballer. A tough gig at times playing in South’s backline, with far more lows than highs during Crabby’s time at the club. Will be missed.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby darley16 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:34 pm

A really good bloke, terrific clubman and a very good footballer, had to imagine someone else wearing the number 6.
darley16
Under 18s

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby JK » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:35 pm

Well done on a fine career.

Whispers suggest there could be a few departures from Noarlunga in the off-season, hopefully it's not the case.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby blueandwhite » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:17 pm

South Adelaide Fullbacks have had a tough gig over the journey.
To play 200+ games and captain the club from that position says a lot about the man.
Great Club man, great player and as a few others have said,- great human being as well.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby PanthersFan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:48 pm

Great tough defender who will be sorely missed. Unfortunately another South Adelaide great who, barring a miracle, will not taste the ultimate success. Well done Brad, all the best for your retirement! He is my Auntie’s plumber, she reckons he’s fantastic and she’s not even a Panthers Fan!
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby LMA » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:00 pm

Dour defender with good sideways movement
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Pseudo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:18 pm

LMA wrote:Dour defender with good sideways movement

=D>
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby westcoastpanther » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:45 am

PanthersFan wrote:Great tough defender who will be sorely missed. Unfortunately another South Adelaide great who, barring a miracle, will not taste the ultimate success. Well done Brad, all the best for your retirement! He is my Auntie’s plumber, she reckons he’s fantastic and she’s not even a Panthers Fan!

Fancy having to work while you played SANFL, must make it harder than a spa and rub down all day....
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby LMA » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:54 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:
PanthersFan wrote:Great tough defender who will be sorely missed. Unfortunately another South Adelaide great who, barring a miracle, will not taste the ultimate success. Well done Brad, all the best for your retirement! He is my Auntie’s plumber, she reckons he’s fantastic and she’s not even a Panthers Fan!

Fancy having to work while you played SANFL, must make it harder than a spa and rub down all day....

He is playing at a level that the majority of past, present and future footballers will or have never achieved whilst getting paid.
He has a job unlike the millions of Aussies looking for work.

I'm sure Brad Crabb isn't complaining.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby PanthersFan » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:20 pm

JK wrote:Well done on a fine career.

Whispers suggest there could be a few departures from Noarlunga in the off-season, hopefully it's not the case.

What whispers are you hearing? I’m guessing Cross and Liddle are coming to the end, have you heard any specific names?
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Postby JK » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:24 pm

PanthersFan wrote:

What whispers are you hearing? I’m guessing Cross and Liddle are coming to the end, have you heard any specific names?

No specific names mate, someone involved at SANFL level just said to me last week “sounds like poor old South could lose half a side” (don’t think they genuinely meant half, just several)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby PanthersFan » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:49 pm

JK wrote:
PanthersFan wrote:

No specific names mate, someone involved at SANFL level just said to me last week “sounds like poor old South could lose half a side” (don’t think they genuinely meant half, just several)

Hmmm not good although not unexpected. If Cross and Liddle do retire I could see Karpany and Davis looking elsewhere and I reckon Haines, Noble and Sampson probably get drafted. That’s a lot of quality gone but I am just guessing and I don’t have any special inside information. To make things fair I think your team should lose against West so we at least have a chance to make the finals and on to an unlikely premiership to entice all to stay :D
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Postby JK » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:59 am

PanthersFan wrote:
JK wrote:
PanthersFan wrote:

Hmmm not good although not unexpected. If Cross and Liddle do retire I could see Karpany and Davis looking elsewhere and I reckon Haines, Noble and Sampson probably get drafted. That’s a lot of quality gone but I am just guessing and I don’t have any special inside information. To make things fair I think your team should lose against West so we at least have a chance to make the finals and on to an unlikely premiership to entice all to stay :D

With our team anythings possible mate. Hopefully those rumours about your mob are just that (as is often the case in footy)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Board index   Football  SANFL