The Ashes 2019

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: The Ashes 2019

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:24 am

batmanbegins wrote:
Jim05 wrote:2 wickets in the most bowler friendly conditions you will get and the commentators are whacking off over this bloke like he is the second coming of Christ.

If he was an aussie you guys would be frothing over him. He still bowls to short but hes 24 and has shown an ability to challenge the best player seen in a long time like no one else has so your god damn right we are excited by him. His talent is unquestionable.

You guys talk up Pattinson like hes a god and he averaged 55 in the first test.

Broad and Woakes have bowled better than Archer.
Archer isnt fit to tie Cummins bootlaces and stats at the end of their careers will prove that to be so
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby batmanbegins » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:33 am

Jim05 wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:
Jim05 wrote:2 wickets in the most bowler friendly conditions you will get and the commentators are whacking off over this bloke like he is the second coming of Christ.

If he was an aussie you guys would be frothing over him. He still bowls to short but hes 24 and has shown an ability to challenge the best player seen in a long time like no one else has so your god damn right we are excited by him. His talent is unquestionable.

You guys talk up Pattinson like hes a god and he averaged 55 in the first test.

Broad and Woakes have bowled better than Archer.
Archer isnt fit to tie Cummins bootlaces and stats at the end of their careers will prove that to be so

Lol cant wait to look back at this in 10 years. Cummins is obviously a stud and will have a unreal career but at least im genuine enough to realise that. Most sensible people realise the career archer is about to have bar injury, his talent is unreal but ill let you be the grumpy bugger you are jim, you will probably still be whinging about the bombers performance tonight even though they won.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:34 am

Spewing Gaz gave Leach a wicket!
Leach is very uninspiring to watch, does not look threatening at all.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10325 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:38 am

Get a lead.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby batmanbegins » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:44 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Spewing Gaz gave Leach a wicket!

Leach sucks which hurts to say as he is a genuinely lovely bloke by all accounts. He went and played for his junior club during the 1st test to get some overs in which is really awesome but sadly hes ordinary at best. If jimmy is fit we should play no spinners as we dont have a good one.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:54 am

batmanbegins wrote:

Leach sucks which hurts to say as he is a genuinely lovely bloke by all accounts. He went and played for his junior club during the 1st test to get some overs in which is really awesome but sadly hes ordinary at best. If jimmy is fit we should play no spinners as we dont have a good one.
Yeah I was thinking if Anderson is fit for the third or fourth test do they think going with the 4 frontline quicks? Is it a better option than going with a Leach who seems to be quite a defensive option used to hold an end down.

England have a history of loving a defensive left arm spinner haha.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:55 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:It's winning time.
Hope so, definitely in a winnable position now. Both teams in a winnable position really, massive day 5 coming up!
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:57 am

batmanbegins wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Bairstow cracks me up, surely there is a bout 18 better keepers in England than him. The most un natural keeper ive ever seen, he almost needs a back stop like u12 days

Bairstow should quit being a keeper hes average at it. Foakes or butler to keep please!
What's the go with Foakes BB? Is it just they simply prefer Bairstow with the gloves compared to him?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby stan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:17 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:

Yeah I was thinking if Anderson is fit for the third or fourth test do they think going with the 4 frontline quicks? Is it a better option than going with a Leach who seems to be quite a defensive option used to hold an end down.

England have a history of loving a defensive left arm spinner haha.
4 front line quicks and a raging seamer deck. Done.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:22 am

If day 5 is half as good as day 4, it will be a belter. As it stands, all 3 results are possible and chasing anything above 150 won't be easy as the pitch plays more and more tricks. Aussies missed an opportunity last night as they could easily had 3 or 4 more wickets. Lyon had Burns and Stokes LBW, but both given not out and neither reviewed. Also, Warner must have dropped or almost caught 5 at first slip off the quicks and Lyon. Two big questions dor me;
1. Does Root have the balls to declare and risk losing the game to try and win it.
2. How will a battered Steve Smith perform in the second innings. Didn't field because of the blow to his arm and the hit to his neck was horrific.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby whufc » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:37 am

Game will be a draw

England won’t have the balls to bat agressively and potentially lose to win

They will go slowly along before being dismissed just before tea.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:49 am

whufc wrote:Game will be a draw

England won’t have the balls to bat agressively and potentially lose to win

They will go slowly along before being dismissed just before tea.

I think our batting line up can be rolled in a session also though. This one isn’t over yet
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:53 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:2. How will a battered Steve Smith perform in the second innings. Didn't field because of the blow to his arm and the hit to his neck was horrific.

Langer said in his presser that Smith went to hospital during England's second innings for an X-ray on his arm and has been cleared of any serious damage. He will have another concussion test in the morning to check he's right to go for day 5.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby batmanbegins » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:45 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Bairstow cracks me up, surely there is a bout 18 better keepers in England than him. The most un natural keeper ive ever seen, he almost needs a back stop like u12 days

Bairstow should quit being a keeper hes average at it. Foakes or butler to keep please!
What's the go with Foakes BB? Is it just they simply prefer Bairstow with the gloves compared to him?

They prefer bairstows batting because foakes is by far the best keeper we have. Bairstow was in great form with the bat for 18 months but his past year has been very average. Personally i think bairstow should focus on his batting and be our number 5 because he should be good enough, then foakes can be our keeper at 7. Plus foakes is a good batter.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby northerner » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:50 am

Probably a draw coming up but a day where huge statements will be made and responses will be scrutinised. Smiths return to the crease to face Archer will be riveting and pivotal for the rest of the Series. But I think there maybe others who will fall apart b4 Budge. Warners instant concern and follow up flat efforts in the field show a man who is shell shocked. Already feeling the heat I fear Smiths incident has affected him more... I fully expect a soft dismissal tonight. Uzzie is always suspect in mental toughness so 2 for little will be on the cards against a fired up Archer and Broad.
Conversely I expect Bancroft to hang tough. Technically poor but lacks nothing in bravery so he is one who will take the challenge on.
Talking of hanging tough I thought Cummins and Siddle were magnificent against Archer post Smiths injury. As venomous as Archer waa in his 8 over spell he just got one wicket including 4 overs against batsmen 8 and 9.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 436 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:54 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:2. How will a battered Steve Smith perform in the second innings. Didn't field because of the blow to his arm and the hit to his neck was horrific.

Langer said in his presser that Smith went to hospital during England's second innings for an X-ray on his arm and has been cleared of any serious damage. He will have another concussion test in the morning to check he's right to go for day 5.

I am more concerned about his mind set as he seemed rattled when he returned to the crease. Hopefully he is back to his best for the final day.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:14 pm

It's winning time.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mal » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:28 pm

JOFFRA ARCHER

Pre game Justin Langer said of The Joff , that Test cricket is so different to limited overs cricket
The Joff made 12 when batting, Pat Cummins bowled just about every delivery short at him
To me all this suggested that the Australians are aware of the talent of The Joff , and were maybe trying to ruffle him

The blonde Don was well on his way to a 3rd ton in 3 innings this series
In about 350 runs to date in the series, the English attack must be wondering how to get him out
Then it changed when The Joff bowled THAT spell
Thats some of the very best bowling Ive seen in Test cricket

2/59 off 29 overs might not look great on face value, in bowler friendly conditions
However, I consider it 3/59 as he softened up Smith for the other bowlers
If Smith falters for the rest of the series , The Joff should deserve the credit

Also
Lets not forget , The Joff was on debut
I tipping that The Joff will have a great Test career
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1149 times
Been liked: 903 times

Postby whufc » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:50 pm

northerner wrote:Probably a draw coming up but a day where huge statements will be made and responses will be scrutinised. Smiths return to the crease to face Archer will be riveting and pivotal for the rest of the Series. But I think there maybe others who will fall apart b4 Budge. Warners instant concern and follow up flat efforts in the field show a man who is shell shocked. Already feeling the heat I fear Smiths incident has affected him more... I fully expect a soft dismissal tonight. Uzzie is always suspect in mental toughness so 2 for little will be on the cards against a fired up Archer and Broad.
Conversely I expect Bancroft to hang tough. Technically poor but lacks nothing in bravery so he is one who will take the challenge on.
Talking of hanging tough I thought Cummins and Siddle were magnificent against Archer post Smiths injury. As venomous as Archer waa in his 8 over spell he just got one wicket including 4 overs against batsmen 8 and 9.

I’m fairness to Warner about his flat efforts fielding at first slip is difficult at the best of times especially when you’ve jumped in there at relatively short notice.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Shanks'n'divots » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:28 pm

Warner needs to bring the "Bull" back. Stop batting like Mr Nice Guy and go back to what he did best. Langer should give him free reign to have a go in the 2nd innings. He's not making runs now so there's nothing to lose. Good opportunity to win chasing a hopefully small total
Shanks'n'divots
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket