Finals

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Finals

Postby Brett » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:42 pm

LMA wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
LMA wrote:He's saying in the first week of AFL finals (Sept 5-8) there's a chance that Adelaide will play on Thursday night. If Adelaide reserves play on Sunday arvo there's only 4 days between games.

Bad luck.

Don't shoot the messenger. Was just explaining Wedgie's post to my mate .

Oh dear . Were you? I dont recall seeing that . Is this another one of "those " posts. LOL Keep them coming mate , its really funny . Its cute that you quoted Wedgie too. He had nothing to do with your comments but that is sweet.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby LMA » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:05 pm

Damn you're rubbing off on me, I meant Dutchy. Anyway you couldn't understand his post you spud head, stop denying.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Wedgie » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:28 pm

Its cool, I'm used to copping the blame for everyone/thing. I have very thick skin much to the chagrin of some. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby LMA » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:42 pm

Wedgie wrote:Its cool, I'm used to copping the blame for everyone/thing. I have very thick skin much to the chagrin of some. ;)

Hope it wasn't you serving the old dude who ploughed into a house after a session the other day, responsible serving of booze and all that :D
LMA
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:51 pm

LMA wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Its cool, I'm used to copping the blame for everyone/thing. I have very thick skin much to the chagrin of some. ;)

Hope it wasn't you serving the old dude who ploughed into a house after a session the other day, responsible serving of booze and all that :D

I was off that day!
Saw the news report 10 mins before I went to work on Tuesday though, did freak me out.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:13 am

Hopefully with the AFL sides not making finals we see some severely depleted AFL reserves sides take the field for finals
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Spargo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:46 pm

South’s finals hopes alive after making up the 2% on Sturt & are now 1.2% ahead of Norwood.
I saw West yesterday & they won’t trouble Norwood next week. Sturt however are on the slide & will go in outsiders against Glenelg.
Panthers supporters will be cheering like hell for the Bays next week. This is providing South can beat the crowserves.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby am Bays » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:01 pm

Spargo wrote:South’s finals hopes alive after making up the 2% on Sturt & are now 1.2% ahead of Norwood.
I saw West yesterday & they won’t trouble Norwood next week. Sturt however are on the slide & will go in outsiders against Glenelg.
Panthers supporters will be cheering like hell for the Bays next week. This is providing South can beat the crowserves.

Bays have a few boys with niggles so may rest some. However those that play will be expected to stick to the tried and true system.

A Sturt win next week wouldn't surprise me.
Last edited by am Bays on Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby LMA » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:02 pm

I would expect the Crows to make wholesale changes next week to the seniors, hard to say how this will impact their SANFL team. Either way I'm backing the Panthers in to make the 5
LMA
Coach

Postby LMA » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:13 pm

Jim05 wrote:Hopefully with the AFL sides not making finals we see some severely depleted AFL reserves sides take the field for finals

Do the restrictions on AFL listed players apply if they play each other?

I suspect the overwhelming response will be 'who cares' but interested to know.
LMA
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:22 pm

LMA wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Hopefully with the AFL sides not making finals we see some severely depleted AFL reserves sides take the field for finals

Do the restrictions on AFL listed players apply if they play each other?

I suspect the overwhelming response will be 'who cares' but interested to know.

Yes the rules apply.
Both teams might struggle to field sides
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Pseudo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:25 pm

am Bays wrote:
Spargo wrote:South’s finals hopes alive after making up the 2% on Sturt & are now 1.2% ahead of Norwood.

Bays have a few boys with niggles so may rest some. However those that play will be expected to stick to the tried and true system.

Put money on it.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby saintal » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:28 pm

Has a bit of a 2017 feel for South..who had to beat the Ravens at home (tick) and rely on the Dogs losing at Woodville (cross), with the Eagles already having sewed up top spot.

If South finish 6th again it'll continue the frustrating pattern of finals-6th-finals-6th-finals-6th since 2014.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby Brett » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:09 pm

am Bays wrote:

Top spot has been sewn up for a while . Smashed West so you'd think a rest ws on the cards then ?
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Spargo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:11 pm

Brett wrote:
am Bays wrote:

Top spot has been sewn up for a while . Smashed West so you'd think a rest ws on the cards then ?

Trust me, Stone will treat next week’s trip to Unley like a final, no matter who plays.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brett » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:24 pm

I know .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:06 pm

Spargo wrote:
Brett wrote:
am Bays wrote:

Trust me, Stone will treat next week’s trip to Unley like a final, no matter who plays.

So Sturt will be red hot favourites then :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:22 pm

We will now have a Qualifying Final that neither team wants to win :roll:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:34 pm

Dutchy wrote:We will now have a Qualifying Final that neither team wants to win :roll:

Not wanting to win and not being the number one priority aren't the same thing and it's disrespectful ( whatever you think of the set up ) to suggest the 21 who take the field on the day don't want to win.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:31 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:We will now have a Qualifying Final that neither team wants to win :roll:

Not wanting to win and not being the number one priority aren't the same thing and it's disrespectful ( whatever you think of the set up ) to suggest the 21 who take the field on the day don't want to win.

That we are even having this conversation is disrespectful...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL