Port Adelaide 2019

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:28 pm

Dutchy wrote:I'm not convinced it can all be put on Ken, there is clear evidence that he has tried to do things differently this year.

It can't. -207 disposals to a side who sacked their coach 2 months ago is about application, not where the magnets were on the board before the game.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:28 pm

MW wrote:They live in a town where the media give them a free pass after every pathetic loss.

Wrong club mate, that's your mob.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby MW » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:29 pm

The Bedge wrote:
MW wrote:They live in a town where the media give them a free pass after every pathetic loss.

Do you read or listen to any media? clearly you don't.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:31 pm

MW wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Do you read or listen to any media? clearly you don't.

Our club has members to answer to first and foremost and platforms for those members to do so.

Unhappy customers deal with the media, that's the only way you lot can have a say.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:34 pm

If getting another cliché from Ken, or another berating by Kochie, or an apology for f..king everything up from Keith is members getting answers first and foremost then i'd be disappointed as a Port member.
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:36 pm

MW wrote:If getting another cliché from Ken, or another berating by Kochie, or an apology for f..king everything up from Keith is members getting answers first and foremost then i'd be disappointed as a Port member.

As opposed to Fagan, Chapman and Burton saying?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:37 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:If getting another cliché from Ken, or another berating by Kochie, or an apology for f..king everything up from Keith is members getting answers first and foremost then i'd be disappointed as a Port member.

As opposed to Fagan, Chapman and Burton saying?

goodbye as the door closes behind them
MW
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:40 pm

Dutchy wrote:I'm not convinced it can all be put on Ken, there is clear evidence that he has tried to do things differently this year.

By bringing in pensioners and dropping in-form kids?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:30 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

He has played kids, backed them in and not picked on reputation - big difference to previous years I believe.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:36 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

He has played kids, backed them in and not picked on reputation - big difference to previous years I believe.

Ryder, Westhoff, Dixon, Motlop and Lycett* wouldn't have been dropped in previous seasons.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:37 pm

Dutchy wrote:He has played kids, backed them in and not picked on reputation - big difference to previous years I believe.

I don't disagree with you, I just think he's dropped them unwarranted at times and the Sutcliffe experiment derailed the train big time.

He has made some baffling omissions, I'd rather a kid playing than Broadbent, twice this year he has been in the footy wilderness and then "BANG", gifted a guernsey.

Cut the games out, cut the "SHOCK" omissions/promotions, just get the team right to suit the game plan, there is obviously a lot to like about the group, they can't play so well at times if they are pure crap, the chef isn't doing something right, whether it's ingredients or the recipe remains the to be seen.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:54 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:the chef isn't doing something right, whether it's ingredients or the recipe remains the to be seen.

From what we saw Saturday night it’s the whole bloody restaurant :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:02 pm

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:the chef isn't doing something right, whether it's ingredients or the recipe remains the to be seen.

From what we saw Saturday night it’s the whole bloody restaurant :lol:

Even Gordon Ramsay wouldn't have been able to salvage that roadkill.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:13 pm

Booney wrote:

It can't. -207 disposals to a side who sacked their coach 2 months ago is about application, not where the magnets were on the board before the game.

Surely the players coming to play with an intensity somewhere close to an acceptable level, has to be coach relevant still? Players skills letting the side down I agree can't be put on the coach.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Port Adelaide 2019

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:19 pm

Port are as flaky and as easy to predict as what Essendon are. You can tell within the opening minutes whether the good or bad version has rocked up. On Saturday is was that weak and feeble effort from Hartlett that set the tone and 5 minutes later it was all over.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:22 pm

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:

Surely the players coming to play with an intensity somewhere close to an acceptable level, has to be coach relevant still? Players skills letting the side down I agree can't be put on the coach.

If on $450k+ per year you need someone to "arouse"* you prior to playing then you're in the wrong game.

Surely, surely players don't need to be emotionally* aroused by a coach to play at AFL level?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:26 pm

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:
Booney wrote:

If on $450k+ per year you need someone to "arouse"* you prior to playing then you're in the wrong game.

Surely, surely players don't need to be emotionally* aroused by a coach to play at AFL level?

I know that, you know that and probably anyone older than 30 years of age does too, however it seems more than ever there is direction and management required to get acceptable levels of effort. Whether it be via message's given on game day or via selection, I think the coaching group still have some level of responsibility on that front.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Ronnie » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:32 pm

Neither SA based AFL club has a fully fledged membership base. Both clubs are effectively controlled by the AFL, and has been the case since independence from the SANFL.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby whufc » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:46 pm

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:
Booney wrote:

Couldn't agree more, I would think that is the bare arse minimum of being an AFL footballer.

If there are players 'choosing' not to be bothered than those who are turning up need to call them out and the coaches need to rid the club of the energy vampires ASAP.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:21 pm

whufc wrote:Sitting here patiently for Booneys review!

*Bump
Not sure on the protocol after a loss, what day can we expect it?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL