Port Adelaide 2019

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Postby MW » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:55 pm

Wonder how the players are feeling now knowing (if not before) that the club is not paying to the full salary cap and now wants them to delay receiving payments...

Interesting times ahead for Port.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby LMA » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:55 pm

Booney wrote:Suck shit, he's stalking you now. :lol:

#-o give me brett anyday, rather crazy than obsessed.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:56 pm

LMA wrote:
Booney wrote:Suck shit, he's stalking you now. :lol:

#-o give me brett anyday, rather crazy than obsessed.

Letting UK off pretty light there.....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:57 pm

LMA wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Its no great secret and even Port people understand their position, rightly or wrongly they decided to use surplus funds to beef up their footy department which would in turn increase performance which would increase attendence/memberships/sponsorships and THEN they would be able to reduce debt.

However there was a cliff coming if the above didn't succeed and that is where they are now, poor performance on and off field and large debt.

Im just very surprised that the footy media have allowed them to get away with it, with very little reporting about their financial situation, perhaps presuming wrongly it was all ok. Even stranger when you have a so called financial wizz as your President.

KT must be drafting his resignation letter surely, they need new direction IMO.

But I thought Adelaide Oval and China were a goldmine LMA ??? :-)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tzuJXqgsiSM

Never said that once and never professed to knowing the inner financial going ons unlike you it seems.

LMA wrote:Your hatred of PAFC has clouded your judgement. AO investment has paid back in spades. Sport, entertainment, tourism and businesses have all benefited. You'd realise this if you weren't so salty :butthead:
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby mots02 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:07 pm

i know its become cool for all of you Port guys to hang shit on UK Fan.... but i've said before... he's got a point!

Crowds have been steadily dropping... now it appears there's still some pretty big cracks in the finance.

I'm not saying he's right..... but!
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby UK Fan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:18 pm

mots02 wrote:i know its become cool for all of you Port guys to hang shit on UK Fan.... but i've said before... he's got a point!

Crowds have been steadily dropping... now it appears there's still some pretty big cracks in the finance.

I'm not saying he's right..... but!

But i ain’t wrong. :-)

Exact same thing that happened at west lakes has happened at Adelaide Oval.

Port got extra money and could of paid off debt or spent it all going for the next flag thinking that will solve everything. Just like Haysman duncanson Etc.....

5 years after spending $600 mill of tax payers money on Adelaide Oval we are back to where we started with a broke PAFC.

The only difference is this time you can’t blame the sanfl for completely stuffing it up.

So predictable as Dutchy pointed out.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Trader » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:24 pm

I'm a little confused. Was the $600m spent on the oval because it was a good investment for the state, or was it to bail out Port Adelaide?

Don't get me wrong, there was clearly a benefit that the new oval would help the two AFL clubs in SA, however that wasn't the only reason for spending the money on the oval.

The Oval has done wonders for the riverbank precinct. There is no doubt in my mind that's been a good investment for the state.

As for the power, yes, crowds have declined, as I posted previously, the drop in crowds is expected as the oval is no longer the brand new toy it was 5 years ago. That said, 30k now is still better than 15k in 2012.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:29 pm

Trader wrote:I'm a little confused. Was the $600m spent on the oval because it was a good investment for the state, or was it to bail out Port Adelaide?

Don't get me wrong, there was clearly a benefit that the new oval would help the two AFL clubs in SA, however that wasn't the only reason for spending the money on the oval.

The Oval has done wonders for the riverbank precinct. There is no doubt in my mind that's been a good investment for the state.

As for the power, yes, crowds have declined, as I posted previously, the drop in crowds is expected as the oval is no longer the brand new toy it was 5 years ago. That said, 30k now is still better than 15k in 2012.

If UK thinks the $600m was spent to save Port Adelaide then he's thicker than anyone gave him credit for.

Any $600m investment by a government is multi layered, call it a stimulus package if you like, we certainly didn't "need" a new oval but it sure as hell paid off for the CBD that was once a waste land as opposed to drawing 30,000 plus people in every week for 22 weeks a year, plus the economic benefit the associated tourism has brought to the state.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:46 pm

Not to mention the upgrade of Adel Oval has provided a significant boost for cricket at the venue.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:56 pm

Everyone is missing UK’s point about this.
Of course the AO upgrade has been great for the state but it hasn’t been the saviour either on field or off field that the footy club thought it would be.
They’re still not playing finals and they’re again in financial strife.

He does have a valid point.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby mots02 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:00 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Port fans are conveniently ignoring UK’s point about this.
Of course the AO upgrade has been great for the state but it hasn’t been the saviour either on field or off field that the footy club thought it would be.

EFA
mots02
League - Top 5

Postby UK Fan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:06 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Everyone is missing UK’s point about this.

Trying to deflect the argument more like.

For the Adelaide Oval move to be a success for SA football the major thing we needed was....

A financially viable PAFC.

Deny it all you want it is fact.

And it ain’t happening and with KTs and Kochies egos was never going to.

Now when Dutch originally reported your financial mess you claimed he was incorrect. What is your mail now Mr Finger On The Pulse ?
Last edited by UK Fan on Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Trader » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:10 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Everyone is missing UK’s point about this...it hasn’t been the saviour either on field or off field that the footy club thought it would be.

Is that his point though?

For mine, he's complaining about state government expenditure, not the onfield success of Port Adelaide:

UK Fan wrote:5 years after spending $600 mill of tax payers money on Adelaide Oval we are back to where we started with a broke PAFC.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love the PAFC to be doing better than it currently is, but if his point is that the move to the oval was meant to improve the club, I don't understand why he keeps including the price of the oval redevelopment in his comments.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:26 pm

Trader wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Everyone is missing UK’s point about this...it hasn’t been the saviour either on field or off field that the footy club thought it would be.

For mine, he's complaining about state government expenditure, not the onfield success of Port Adelaide:

UK Fan wrote:5 years after spending $600 mill of tax payers money on Adelaide Oval we are back to where we started with a broke PAFC.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love the PAFC to be doing better than it currently is, but if his point is that the move to the oval was meant to improve the club, I don't understand why he keeps including the price of the oval redevelopment in his comments.

He's complaining about the state government expenditure coupled with the on going plight of the PAFC's finances because he thinks one was spent to fix the other. He actually thinks the AO Redevelopment was initiated and completed to save the PAFC.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mots02 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:23 pm

Booney wrote:
Trader wrote:

He's complaining about the state government expenditure coupled with the on going plight of the PAFC's finances because he thinks one was spent to fix the other. He actually thinks the AO Redevelopment was initiated and completed to save the PAFC.

Surely that was a major objective though (at least from PAFC's perspective).

If not, why were they pushing so hard to get there, set up a better stadium deal etc.

According to some nuffties it wouldn't have even happened if PAFC hadnt been driving the change?!

So if its not delivering the right numbers on the balance sheet after such a short time (particularly when it seemed to for the first couple of years), surely thats a legitimate cause for concern and not just deflection :-?

It's going to become pretty expensive if the novelty keeps wearing off new things for the Power fans this quickly ;)
mots02
League - Top 5

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:36 pm

MW wrote:Wonder how the players are feeling now knowing (if not before) that the club is not paying to the full salary cap and now wants them to delay receiving payments...

Interesting times ahead for Port.

Are the coaches included in this?
Not too many have earned their coin this year
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:37 pm

mots02 wrote:Surely that was a major objective though (at least from PAFC's perspective).

If not, why were they pushing so hard to get there, set up a better stadium deal etc.

According to some nuffties it wouldn't have even happened if PAFC hadnt been driving the change?!

So if its not delivering the right numbers on the balance sheet after such a short time (particularly when it seemed to for the first couple of years), surely thats a legitimate cause for concern and not just deflection :-?

It's going to become pretty expensive if the novelty keeps wearing off new things for the Power fans this quickly ;)

You know what nuffies are like, all happy clapping and writing reviews, I wouldn't believe them or what they say. ;)

I'll happily discuss the issue with the grown ups in the room.

As Dutchy noted, the club invested into the football department spend to turn around the results on field, you could say that has occurred.

In the 5 years before AO we won 12,5,3,10 and 9 games in the 5 seasons since the move and investment 14,12,10,14,12,10* (2019). While that's lobbed us in the middle of table it sure beats winning 3 or 5 games per year. It hasn't delivered a premiership, it's only delivered 2 finals series and no finals win since 2014. Not good enough. Most football fans would agree Port's list has been better than that and the frustration within the supporter group hasn't been this high since the end of Primus.

The cost of going to the footy, the cost of living, I maintain this is impacting upon the 11 game season ticket holders, the ones who underpin the revenue, the walk ups add to it.

We still smell, on a corporate level, we haven't been able to secure a big name major sponsor post Renault, thus China > additional revenue streams. There's no Ford, Toyota, Hungry Jacks, Emirates ( to name a few ) big ticket sponsors around the competition knocking on our door.

Super frustrating for the rusted on like me, rock up rain (6 games this year and again Sunday!), hail or shine, win, lose or draw.

It's not just Port noting the drop in attendance, Adelaide in 2014 were 48,000, 3 years in the 46's, last year 45's, this year 44,514.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:43 pm

There is a difference with having a “valid point” and the only contribution to the site is the same “valid point” every. single. post!
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:44 pm

Booney wrote:
mots02 wrote:Surely that was a major objective though (at least from PAFC's perspective).

You know what nuffies are like, all happy clapping and writing reviews, I wouldn't believe them or what they say. ;)

I'll happily discuss the issue with the grown ups in the room.

As Dutchy noted, the club invested into the football department spend to turn around the results on field, you could say that has occurred.

In the 5 years before AO we won 12,5,3,10 and 9 games in the 5 seasons since the move and investment 14,12,10,14,12,10* (2019). While that's lobbed us in the middle of table it sure beats winning 3 or 5 games per year. It hasn't delivered a premiership, it's only delivered 2 finals series and no finals win since 2014. Not good enough. Most football fans would agree Port's list has been better than that and the frustration within the supporter group hasn't been this high since the end of Primus.

The cost of going to the footy, the cost of living, I maintain this is impacting upon the 11 game season ticket holders, the ones who underpin the revenue, the walk ups add to it.

We still smell, on a corporate level, we haven't been able to secure a big name major sponsor post Renault, thus China > additional revenue streams. There's no Ford, Toyota, Hungry Jacks, Emirates ( to name a few ) big ticket sponsors around the competition knocking on our door.

Super frustrating for the rusted on like me, rock up rain (6 games this year and again Sunday!), hail or shine, win, lose or draw.

It's not just Port noting the drop in attendance, Adelaide in 2014 were 48,000, 3 years in the 46's, last year 45's, this year 44,514.

The Crows are lucky enough that they are a licence to print money in Adelaide so any drop in memberships or attendance hardly causes a ripple
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:44 pm

Don’t use the grown up term otherwise you’ll get demoted to the A team.
amber_fluid
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL