AFL 2019 season

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL 2019 season

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:02 pm

JK wrote:Throw in the issues they had with their key off-season recruit and the season hasn't gone real well. Enigmatic side this year, some good performances (and even wins) when unexpected compounded by losses that don't read well.

I can't even work out if they are good or shit, their lack of consistency outdoes Port's, and that's saying something.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby JK » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:50 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:Throw in the issues they had with their key off-season recruit and the season hasn't gone real well. Enigmatic side this year, some good performances (and even wins) when unexpected compounded by losses that don't read well.

I can't even work out if they are good or shit, their lack of consistency outdoes Port's, and that's saying something.

Been heaps of inconsistency across the board this season - Port went W/L for about 8 weeks and it was plastered everywhere, but the Cats have done exactly the same since the Bye rounds.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:55 pm

JK wrote:
Been heaps of inconsistency across the board this season - Port went W/L for about 8 weeks and it was plastered everywhere, but the Cats have done exactly the same since the Bye rounds.

Cats were instrumental, who knows what happened, did the break stop their momentum or are their older bodies feeling the pinch?

Then they go and push the young energetic in-form Lions to the last minute, are they back? We know their best is as good as anyone's.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:56 pm

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

4 teams look like finishing equal top with % separating them.

If anyone tells you the competition isn't as even as ever they're kidding themselves.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7489 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:58 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

Cats were instrumental, who knows what happened, did the break stop their momentum or are their older bodies feeling the pinch?

Then they go and push the young energetic in-form Lions to the last minute, are they back? We know their best is as good as anyone's.

I still can’t have Geelong or Brisbane as flag chances. I give Collingwood more chance along with obviously West Coast & Richmond.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5476 times
Been liked: 5118 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:01 pm

Most other sides you get a gauge on.

The top 4 are there for a reason with Collingwood a smidgen behind them.

Then GWS.

On neutral grounds the next half a dozen to eight are about equal: Dogs, Bombers, Port, Freo, Hawks, Crows & North.

Saints' 9-12 record is distorted by such an easy draw, they are on par with Carlton and Sydney IMO, a bit behind the group above them but along with the Blues, they are rebuilding and will finish higher next season.

Melbourne are just plain poop, the most disappointing of the lot, their list isn't that bad.

The Suns would struggle in the SANFL and are going to be perennial wooden spooners.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:02 pm

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

I still can’t have Geelong or Brisbane as flag chances. I give Collingwood more chance along with obviously West Coast & Richmond.

I can have Brisbane at $41 and $17 please. ;)

I don't think Geelong have the momentum or the frantic pressure the likes of Brisbane, Richmond and West Coast have in them. I expect them to play in a prelim though.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7489 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:03 pm

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

Brisbane's lack of finals hardness worries me, they remind me of when Freo made the GF, they worried themselves out of it and couldn't catch back up.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

Brisbane's lack of finals hardness worries me, they remind me of when Freo made the GF, they worried themselves out of it and couldn't catch back up.
Also played the Hawks in a GF and that never helps as well.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:05 pm

stan wrote:Also played the Hawks in a GF and that never helps as well.

Exactly.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:08 pm

So basically it was Fraudmantle who turned Collingwoods season around.....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:33 pm

I think the top four will look like this ....
1. Geelong (expect them to beat Carlton at the Cattery)
2. Brisbane (don't think they can beat the Tigers, but also don't think they can lose by enough to drop to 3rd or 4th on percentage)
3. West Coast Eagles (expect them to beat Hawthorn, but not by enough to get past Brisbane .... will be very close)
4. Richmond (will win, but not by enough to move up)
If this happens Geelong's reward for being minor premiers will be to play Richmond at the MCG. That would be unfair IMO.
Also, if Brisbane and WCE end up hosting preliminary finals, do we still have that silly agreement with MCG that dictates one of preliminary finals must be played at the G.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:49 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:I think the top four will look like this ....
2. Brisbane (don't think they can beat the Tigers, but also don't think they can lose by enough to drop to 3rd or 4th on percentage)
3. West Coast Eagles (expect them to beat Hawthorn, but not by enough to get past Brisbane .... will be very close)
If this happens Geelong's reward for being minor premiers will be to play Richmond at the MCG. That would be unfair IMO.
Also, if Brisbane and WCE end up hosting preliminary finals, do we still have that silly agreement with MCG that dictates one of preliminary finals must be played at the G.

Fingers crossed Brisbane and Geelong win. Would that give us a home final against West Coast if we end up second? Surely they would consider it?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:50 pm

Will be at the G

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby RB » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:56 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:I think the top four will look like this ....

No, that agreement doesn't exist anymore. At any rate, if they're playing each other in week 1, they won't both be hosting prelim finals.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:21 pm

The Bont was very lucky. His hit on Haynes was assessed as low impact, resulting in a $2k fine. Turns out Haynes has a fractured larynx and will miss multiple weeks. If the MRO had the medical report, Bont would have got 2-3 weeks and been ineligible for the Brownlow.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby LMA » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:02 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:The Bont was very lucky. His hit on Haynes was assessed as low impact, resulting in a $2k fine. Turns out Haynes has a fractured larynx and will miss multiple weeks. If the MRO had the medical report, Bont would have got 2-3 weeks and been ineligible for the Brownlow.

Sounds like someone has access to the umpires votes
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:46 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:The Bont was very lucky. His hit on Haynes was assessed as low impact, resulting in a $2k fine. Turns out Haynes has a fractured larynx and will miss multiple weeks. If the MRO had the medical report, Bont would have got 2-3 weeks and been ineligible for the Brownlow.

Maybe the MRP couldn’t hear Haynes’
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby LMA » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:17 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Rick Disnick
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Spargo » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:22 pm

LMA wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Rick Disnick

“...I also suffered a couple of broken bones, to my body”
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5476 times
Been liked: 5118 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL