SANFL Junior codes

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:19 pm

Was anyone actually there???
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:41 pm

We had two excellent umpires yesterday for an Under 16s game. Very tough game and they were fantastic
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby MW » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:12 pm

Broken Down Hack wrote:Players being assisted off ground with trainer during finals games cannot come back on no matter the Injury.
Just wondering I watched the girls GF down Richmond last Sunday and a girl had to hope at least 50 meters
to the bench with no assistance from trainers, was later told
if helped off she could no come back on, she looked like she twisted an ankle, she came back on after a bit
Of rest,
I understand player safety but all year players come off with bumps and bruises assisted by trainers and go back on why
Is it different for finals

Thoughts

Which game was this one in @Broken Down Hack ?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Moe » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:31 pm

MW wrote:
Broken Down Hack wrote:Players being assisted off ground with trainer during finals games cannot come back on no matter the Injury.
Just wondering I watched the girls GF down Richmond last Sunday and a girl had to hope at least 50 meters
if helped off she could no come back on, she looked like she twisted an ankle, she came back on after a bit
Of rest,
I understand player safety but all year players come off with bumps and bruises assisted by trainers and go back on why

Thoughts

It would be nice if the umpires knew this rule yesterday, and the opposition for that matter.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Moe » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:41 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Was anyone actually there???

1 blue card for Unley spectator before half time.

1 blue card for Plympton coach late in 3rd quarter. Loudly questioning a holding the ball decision, which was not given, no swearing involved, but you simply cannot do it.
1 blue card for Plympton assistant coach (or close by), for audibly questioning first blue card.

Let's not hang people out to dry too quickly.

The bottom line is this: Too many clubs are putting Junior Premierships ahead of developing good juniors, and good people. Some parents are disgraceful, and are destroying it for everyone else.

I am no angel. I am the only person who has ever received a blue card at our club. I audibly yelled out "Thats a sling tackle" in under 10s years ago. I shouldn't have, took my punishment. Side note, it was a sling tackle.
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:00 pm

Moe wrote:

1 blue card for Plympton coach late in 3rd quarter. Loudly questioning a holding the ball decision, which was not given, no swearing involved, but you simply cannot do it.
1 blue card for Plympton assistant coach (or close by), for audibly questioning first blue card.

The bottom line is this: Too many clubs are putting Junior Premierships ahead of developing good juniors, and good people. Some parents are disgraceful, and are destroying it for everyone else.

I am no angel. I am the only person who has ever received a blue card at our club. I audibly yelled out "Thats a sling tackle" in under 10s years ago. I shouldn't have, took my punishment. Side note, it was a sling tackle.

Sorry but parents should attend the games and shut up!

When I'm not officiating in any capacity (I always volunteer to do anything required, as long it isn't cooking a bbq while my kids game is on), I get my fold out chair and find a nice secluded spot as far away from any other spectators as possible.

I applaud when either team kicks a goal or if either team does something special.

I may call out to my son/daughter to push down or signal to get on the other side of the stoppage but never any negative words at all towards anyone.

It will get to the point where parents aren't allowed out of the car, you get your good and your bad at every club and you get the ones that think going to a game and hurling abuse at umpires is just part of the game.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:16 pm

Anyone's son/daughter participate in the U11's carnivals yesterday?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Minimum Chips » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:40 pm

Moe wrote:Some parents are disgraceful, and are destroying it for everyone else.

Agreed - there are a lot of d...head parents out there. Some clubs deal with it very well and others say they care but don't do anything about it.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby Moe » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:43 pm

Dutchy wrote:Absolutely, if he hasn't been booted out of the club already there is something wrong.

A second blue card to a coach should stop the game and don't recommence until he has driven off in his car.

People in glass houses.

Your under 14 coach and runner should take a very good, hard look at themselves, or your junior coordinator should.
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby The Hound » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:47 pm

Moe wrote:

Anyone would of thought Mitcham Under 14's won the Grand Final yesterday (yes they won the Elimination Final against my lads team but deserved to win). The way the parents and coaching / support staff on the bench carried on throughout the game i thought it was Mitcham seniors playing on a Sat arvo :roll:

Like another poster i like to set up away from the parents and applaud good play and players from both sides.
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Moe » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:52 pm

The Hound wrote:
Moe wrote:

Anyone would of thought Mitcham Under 14's won the Grand Final yesterday (yes they won the Elimination Final against my lads team but deserved to win). The way the parents and coaching / support staff on the bench carried on throughout the game i thought it was Mitcham seniors playing on a Sat arvo :roll:

Like another poster i like to set up away from the parents and applaud good play and players from both sides.

We lost pur knock out final yesterday, but the Athelstone supporters, coach, ground staff and players were fantastic. A good bunch of people. Kudos.
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm

Moe wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Absolutely, if he hasn't been booted out of the club already there is something wrong.

A second blue card to a coach should stop the game and don't recommence until he has driven off in his car.

People in glass houses.

Your under 14 coach and runner should take a very good, hard look at themselves, or your junior coordinator should.

My view wouldn't change
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Broken Down Hack » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:46 pm

MW wrote:
Of rest,

Thoughts

Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Moe » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:08 pm

Moe wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Broken Down Hack wrote:So the results are In....
The SANFL JUNIORS dropped Flagstaff Hill and Athelstone
down from Div 3 to Div 4 in the U/14 grade.

Results

Flagstaff Hill def Morphettville Pk (4th) by ... 85 pts
Athelstone def Angle Vale (3rd) by 126 pts

Pencil in those two teams for the Grand Final

Well played SANFL JUNIORS

I really hope you are not involved with the kids with that attitude, we got smashed in Div 3 by 96, 46 & 49 points in 1st 3 rounds, so how do you expect us to not be considered to drop down a div?

If you consider 46 & 49 points smashings, then you haven't been involved in junior sport long enough. You conviniently leave out your 3 point loss, forget to mention you were still scoring ok enough as well.
Please tell me why every player is a permit player, allowing you to swap any player you want in and out of your teams from Saturday/Sunday sides at will. Obviously depends who you are playing in SFL on Saturday who comes out/in.

If, as your club says, you joined Sanfl junior's because you had 30 kids missing out on a game each week, you need to have a minimum of 7 players playing 2 games per weekend, and having under 15 players from your Saturday teams play again on Sunday. I thought you had plenty of kids spare.

You have made a mockery of the rules, and now a mockery of the division.
Lost a few games?
Boo hoo.

And I've been involved in junior sport for 25 years.
This is THE biggest joke I've ever been unfortunate enough to witness.

Seems as if Broken down old hack may have more idea than you thought.
Athelstone v Flagstaff Hill grand final.

Well done SANFL, well done.
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:53 am

So what would have you done if you ran the league?

In our u16.5 comp Broadview came down from Div 1 and have been undefeated since and will make the GF. They beat us by 90 points but no complaints here as no system is going to be perfect and 95% of people Ive spoken with agree that they have a good balance to ensure competitive games.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:39 am

Dutchy wrote:So what would have you done if you ran the league?

In our u16.5 comp Broadview came down from Div 1 and have been undefeated since and will make the GF. They beat us by 90 points but no complaints here as no system is going to be perfect and 95% of people Ive spoken with agree that they have a good balance to ensure competitive games.

Other side of the coin, our U/16 Girls played the first three rounds in the Division 2 competition for three wins, reasonably strong, one big one (Modbury, regraded to Div 3 and finished low), a 46 point win v Happy Valley (finished mid-table) & a 39 point win over Broadview (regraded to Div 3 and finished 3rd).
Based on these results, our team was considered too strong for Division 2 and regraded to Division 1. The team only won one more game for the rest of the year, against Plympton who finished 2nd bottom.

From what I have seen, modifying the competition like this is seriously damaging when fortunes are artificially changed. As the year wore on a number of the girls drifted away from the game sick of losing after starting the season with the promise of a competitive year. Had they started in the higher grade, I would suggest these girls would still be playing as it would have been the circumstance they started with, not being put in the situation where they appear to be a finals competitor and then having that taken from them mid-season. I am told that most of the girls have now given up football, or are looking to shift to teams in lesser competitions, so we are now scrambling to try to hold the group together for 2020.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby jo172 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:35 pm

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/localfooty/mordialloc-redbacks-under13-team-kicked-out-of-finals-for-playing-overage-player/news-story/0a093446ae1b36ae25b126f2e0bebc6c

A Mordialloc junior football team that played an over-age player under several false names has been booted out of the finals.

The AFL South East Commission confirmed this morning that the Mordialloc Redbacks had been fined $1400, and their under-13 coach and team manager were suspended over the episode.

AFL South East chief executive John Anderson said the club admitted it deliberately played an under-14 player in the team.

He said a whistleblower had alerted Frankston and District Junior Football League officials late in the season.

Anderson said the over-age player had appeared in four games under different names.

He said the team finished fourth on the ladder, but was stripped of match points earned in the four matches and missed the finals.

“It was one of those whistleblower situations,’’ Anderson said.

“We got some information around the back door and investigated it. After we were put on to it, it went to a disciplinary hearing and the club basically owned up to it.

“From our point of view it’s very disappointing that a club would go to that length to deceive the competition.

“I was staggered because it’s a very rare occurrence. I honestly don’t know how the club would expect to get away with it, given that people will know the boy and his age. It’s one of those where you take a risk … but when you take a risk like that it’s not going to come off.’’

Anderson said he felt for the “innocent kids who through no fault of their own missed the opportunity to experience finals football’’.

The league said the team manager was suspended for two years after “accepting the majority of responsibility for being the architect of the breach’’.

The coach was suspended for one year, and the Redbacks were fined $400 for playing an ineligible player and $1000 for bringing the game into disrepute.

One parent contacted Leader last night saying his son was in “misery’’ over the situation.

“He’s gutted that his team is labelled as cheats and he is even being bullied at school,’’ the parents, who asked to not be identified, said.

The Redbacks have been contacted for comment.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Broken Down Hack » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:55 pm

jo172 wrote:https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/localfooty/mordialloc-redbacks-under13-team-kicked-out-of-finals-for-playing-overage-player/news-story/0a093446ae1b36ae25b126f2e0bebc6c

A Mordialloc junior football team that played an over-age player under several false names has been booted out of the finals.

The AFL South East Commission confirmed this morning that the Mordialloc Redbacks had been fined $1400, and their under-13 coach and team manager were suspended over the episode.

AFL South East chief executive John Anderson said the club admitted it deliberately played an under-14 player in the team.

He said a whistleblower had alerted Frankston and District Junior Football League officials late in the season.

Anderson said the over-age player had appeared in four games under different names.

He said the team finished fourth on the ladder, but was stripped of match points earned in the four matches and missed the finals.

“It was one of those whistleblower situations,’’ Anderson said.

“We got some information around the back door and investigated it. After we were put on to it, it went to a disciplinary hearing and the club basically owned up to it.

“From our point of view it’s very disappointing that a club would go to that length to deceive the competition.

“I was staggered because it’s a very rare occurrence. I honestly don’t know how the club would expect to get away with it, given that people will know the boy and his age. It’s one of those where you take a risk … but when you take a risk like that it’s not going to come off.’’

Anderson said he felt for the “innocent kids who through no fault of their own missed the opportunity to experience finals football’’.

The league said the team manager was suspended for two years after “accepting the majority of responsibility for being the architect of the breach’’.

The coach was suspended for one year, and the Redbacks were fined $400 for playing an ineligible player and $1000 for bringing the game into disrepute.

One parent contacted Leader last night saying his son was in “misery’’ over the situation.

“He’s gutted that his team is labelled as cheats and he is even being bullied at school,’’ the parents, who asked to not be identified, said.

The Redbacks have been contacted for comment.

Unfortunately some teams and club will try to dodge the rules
In a game this year in U/14's a club who is affiliated in a Northern league
played a lad by suiting him up while injured and sat him on the
bench all game, Im led to believe a player must go on the ground for a least a quarter
to qualify as played in the game, but some clubs play a player short
but add a player on sheet to qualify even when he's in street clothes
talking to players from the opposition. .. isn't footy great.
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:17 pm

Not sure how you can control it however Its certainly something that could happen in the SANFL juniors with most clubs not knowing the other clubs players, but in the SFL you are unlikely to get away with it with so many of the kids knowing each other in the area.

Good to see stiff penalties which will hopefully be a deterrent
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Moe » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:16 pm

Dutchy wrote:So what would have you done if you ran the league?

I'm glad you asked, as I'm sure you value my opinion.

Firstly, scores should be kept at all levels. It gets kids used to the fact that sometimes in sport, and life, you lose. They keep scores in every sport I know of in young ages, so why not footy.

Secondly. Get rid of regrading. Why do we need regrading? How can it be deemed fair to regrade after 4 games, when you haven't played each team once yet? There was 5 divisions in under 14's. If you finish top in one division this season, then you go up a division in 15's, and down a division if you finish bottom. Just like seniors.

In Division 4, where Flagstaff Hill and Athelstone gate crashed, FH had played the 2nd, 3rd & 8th side, plus a 3 point loss to Athelstone. Ath had played the sides finishing 1,7 & 8. They weren't disgraced, neither were your mob.
In division 3, Pooraka & TTG were dropped to D4 & neither of their results were too lopsided either in rounds 1-4.

Now, in my conversation with a particularly narky chap at SANFL, I asked "How do you think Seaton feel now? Already getting flogged, and you add more teams to bash up on them"? His reply was a curt, "They have to take their losses!"
Smacks of contradiction to me.

There are many cases of regrading this year alone, in many age groups, that have resulted in ridiculous outcomes. Check PHOS in under 13's being down graded.

Thirdly, no club should have 2 teams in the one division. Glenunga in under 12's the perfect example. Mind you, Glenunga have a history of stacking sides in juniors.

Next, to cut out the idiots on the sideline, any audible crap, or badgering the umps, should result in an instant free kick against. It will shut the bloody idiot coaches, and runners from carrying on like dills all match.

Lastly, if clubs want to join SANFL juniors, play by the bloody rules. When Morphettville Park joined, we were given explicit rules to abide by. It seems they went out the window for Flagstaff Hill.
We left the SFL because the clubs up the hill and down south wanted their country style atmosphere, and have all the juniors on Saturday.
Don't come knocking on the door when you have a few kids missing out on a game cos theres no under 14 comp in SFL. Put them in 15's and leave the 13's in 13's.

Someone has to finish bottom in all divisions, I know, weve been there. The mummies and daddies of FH didn't like that much.

I really hope Athelstone win this weekend, but I suspect FH will load up their "Developmental team" with all their SANFL league team squad members, just like you did in round 6.

Moe out.
Moe
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League