Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

Postby Brett » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:40 pm

Dutchy wrote:Any crowd figure?

Not an official crowd number but approx 4000 which was answered yesterday.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:14 am

Sunday Mail crowd numbers was 2,600 I think.

I was there the Western side was packed to me it looked a lot more than 2,600.

Great to read Lairdy had a final word about the FARCE the SANFL has become as mentioned in previous posts LOL.

SPOT ON.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:37 am

2,600.....should have been 6-7,000 min. for what Roy has given those supporters.

Poorly promoted by the club, not to mention the no presentations for the last game of the year.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:34 pm

Dutchy wrote:2,600.....should have been 6-7,000 min. for what Roy has given those supporters.

Poorly promoted by the club, not to mention the no presentations for the last game of the year.

Poorly promoted by the club?
I reckon half of South Australia knew it was Roy's last game,
all the promotion in the world wouldn't have worked,
the air of apathy toward the SANFL out north is huge,
the majority are fed up with the way the SANFL is run now, they've been turned off & now have other interests,
combine this with the fact that Roy wasn't even going to be there made it very difficult.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:41 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
Dutchy wrote:2,600.....should have been 6-7,000 min. for what Roy has given those supporters.

the majority are fed up with the way the SANFL is run now, they've been turned off & now have other interests,
combine this with the fact that Roy wasn't even going to be there made it very difficult.

Throw the gates open, give people a reason to go along, get a ground swell of support and finish the year on a high.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby JK » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:50 pm

Dutchy wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

Throw the gates open, give people a reason to go along, get a ground swell of support and finish the year on a high.

Winning regularly will always be the best incentive to attend for the non-rusted on supporters. Dogs like every other club would have lost many you’d think once the good times dried up
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Groucho » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:35 pm

I think the crowd was bigger than it would have been if it wasn't Roy's last game. As stated above the grandstand side of the ground was fuller than normal and the bar and function room were much better attended than a "normal" game. I recognised many supporters that haven't been as regular attending this game.
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby northerner » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:05 pm

Not marketed at all, mainly because Roy did not want a Big Deal. The pulling of Presentations certainly disappointed many. Did it effect the attendance? Not sure.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby whufc » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:44 pm

Was just at the Clare Woolworths and bumped into both Daniel Schell and Corey AhChee.

Geez I miss the old SANFL days!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:48 pm

JK wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

Winning regularly will always be the best incentive to attend for the non-rusted on supporters. Dogs like every other club would have lost many you’d think once the good times dried up

Not necessarily so I noticed with our last 3 premiership wins since 2009 attendances had/have been steadily declining then the SANFL FARCE of 2013 alienated many more SANFL purists then toss in the economic factors and the closure of Holdens the North is ROOTED.

Also SANFL not giving a stuff about our competiton this year ie faaarking byes in a ten team comp what the FAARK ???? we do not get to see ya team play 2 to 3 weeks at a time cos of the KOWTOWING to the AFL .

I also have read no more free passes to finals to Club Season and Home match ticket holders SANFL can go and get stuffed.

Should one of these AFL INTERLOPERS win the Grand Final SANFL will lose quite a few of what little followers they already have.

So FAAARKKK OFFF SANFL.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby StrayDog » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:16 pm

In other words, a crowd equalling the last standalone of both the Woodville and Torrens clubs in 1990, and two to three times larger the last standalone SANFL game of its most successful club at Glenelg in 2013. I was at the latter, and saw first hand what the final siren meant to the Port people there that day.

northerner wrote:Not marketed at all, mainly because Roy did not want a Big Deal. The pulling of Presentations certainly disappointed many. Did it effect the attendance? Not sure.

We can only speculate, but if the above is any indication, then the Club was always going to be pushing poo up an incline to get a more 'respectful' size crowd considering the fixture - let alone anything close to the above, irrespective of the nature of the occasion in the Club's history.

The so called "Family Friendly" outer, which tends to be populated by more opposition fans than locals, had fewer of them than usual, hard to get a sense of occasion out there at all unfortunately. (By contrast, one group of non regulars on the outer wing couldn't contain their man-crush on Nick Gillard once the margin was over 10 goals into the last, but I digress).

Proud as punch to have been a part of the 3/4 time on-field crowd sendoff for Roy as he left the field.
Last edited by StrayDog on Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Brett » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:19 pm

I am not a fan of the AFL Reserves teams but I bet Glenelg fans will pack it out GF Day and wont care who they beat . Yeah it pi...s me off but stop the whinge and support your club. If that doesn't work then members should pull rank at their AGM's .
Next year those AFL reserves could be weak.
Lot of complaining when they beat your own club.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Grenville » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:00 pm

whufc wrote:Was just at the Clare Woolworths and bumped into both Daniel Schell and Corey AhChee.

Geez I miss the old SANFL days!

Daniel was there at the northern end Saturday with a few ex players.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Grenville » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:03 pm

Groucho wrote:I think the crowd was bigger than it would have been if it wasn't Roy's last game. As stated above the grandstand side of the ground was fuller than normal and the bar and function room were much better attended than a "normal" game. I recognised many supporters that haven't been as regular attending this game.

There northern end had a fair few more than we normally get. Me and a couple of mates stand in the north eastern pocket each week and most games this year the crowd there has been piss poor.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL