ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:49 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
tigerpie wrote:The option's given to us at a meeting with saca were...prepare extra wickets each week or tell the seniors to suck it up and put up with the damage on game day.
Maybe the big boys at CA should do some R & D on some sort of mats.
What would 3 hours of having a mat on them do yo the wicket. I don't know? It may be an option

Apologies if this has been covered. Someone suggested that the kids only bat at one end, which means you can put down some portable stumps and mark a popping crease with tape at the non strikers end. Is that not an acceptable solution for SACA?

The problem with that though is wear 2 metres from the front line.
The no go area is 1.5. 40 overs from one end would be an issue on dry dusty decks and kids with spikes.
I'm all for finding a solution to this as I want our kids playing on turf.
The only solution is separate wickets each week.

If your only solution is to prepare two pitches, with one being a dedicated pitch for U12s, can you run through what the U12 pitch looks like. Do you shorten each end by 1 metre or one end by two metres. Do you paints the creases? Are stumps tbe portable ones that are not hammered into the ground?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby tigerpie » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:47 pm

At the trial we did I prepped it like a normal wicket but a metre shorter each end.
Evens out the wear. Chalk front line and portable stumps.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

10,000 Club

Postby RainmanZ » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:06 pm

10,000 Career Runs (Senior only – T20 exempt)

10,846 R Calabria Pooraka
10,776 J Jarrett Pooraka
10,537 G Stagg Goodwood
10,428 A Olsson PAOC **
10,256 P Box Para Hills/Unley/Ingle Farm
10,210 T Gagliardi Glenunga
10,064 W Potts Goodwood
10,004 K Reid Walkerville
**This is a reasonable estimate based on longevity & averages
RainmanZ
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Old Ignatians

Postby Coops204* » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:56 pm

News coming out of Port Districts is Sam Harvey (Woodville South) and Chris Beaty have left (back to Adelaide uni). Josh Rosenthal has come over from woody rec. Darren Grocke will be the new coach and his first point of business was appointing his son Casey Grocke as A grade captain. Father/Son Duo. This may leave them in a relegation battle with a tough/ tight season predicted.
Coops204*
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:25 pm

Coops204* wrote:News coming out of Port Districts is Sam Harvey (Woodville South) and Chris Beaty have left (back to Adelaide uni). Josh Rosenthal has come over from woody rec. Darren Grocke will be the new coach and his first point of business was appointing his son Casey Grocke as A grade captain. Father/Son Duo. This may leave them in a relegation battle with a tough/ tight season predicted.

Sounds like Port Districts and Woody Rechabites might both be under strength. Is Duffett playing next year?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Browny007 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:03 pm

Ingle farm have had a strong off season picking up tony scott, barber, irfan raza. Signed a top order bat from England.
Any other player movements ???
Browny007
Mini-League

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Postby Browny007 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:12 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Coops204* wrote:News coming out of Port Districts is Sam Harvey (Woodville South) and Chris Beaty have left (back to Adelaide uni). Josh Rosenthal has come over from woody rec. Darren Grocke will be the new coach and his first point of business was appointing his son Casey Grocke as A grade captain. Father/Son Duo. This may leave them in a relegation battle with a tough/ tight season predicted.

Sounds like Port Districts and Woody Rechabites might both be under strength. Is Duffett playing next year?

Had a chat to Casey the other week. I rate the lad strong leader that will do well. They might have lost a couple players but they do have some talent returning. Gill Morris troyboy.
Browny007
Mini-League

Postby Whatsfordinner » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:33 pm

Browny007 wrote:Ingle farm have had a strong off season picking up tony scott, barber, irfan raza. Signed a top order bat from England.
Any other player movements ???

Where are they getting their money from.. have heard about Scott and barber.. and have heard they are on some coin.. both between 5-10k. Have heard rumours of a couple from ttg players who were approached by ingle farm too all being offered good coin to move across.
Whatsfordinner

Been liked: 3 times

Postby the smokey » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:15 am

Sorry if I missed it on this thread already:

But have ATCA made any announcements on how they will be enforcing the new helmet regulations in regards to fixed grills etc at the A grade level or any level for that matter?
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Coops204* » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:42 am

Apparently ingle farms coach is millionaire and he puts in abit of coin and also they do really well with sponsorship. Also on districts I think they may lose one or two more due to Casey Grocke being captain. Doesn't know much about the game apparently and has a lot of say at the club. The last 2 coaches have left due to him
Coops204*
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Browny007 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:02 am

5-10k each for players is way of the mark
Correct in having great sponsors.
Having depth throughout all grades and a winning environment allows the club to back cricket in a lot more then most clubs. 40 meals on a Thursday 70 on a sat with a lot of players partners kids staying around the club.
We also have some brilliant lads in pope Bill Sando hilly sandercock That prepare our pitches centre square training and school saving the club thousands there.
Teamworkmakesthedreamwork.
We will field 4 strong teams again this season and make sure the club thrives in the meantime.
Browny007
Mini-League

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:26 pm

the smokey wrote:Sorry if I missed it on this thread already:

But have ATCA made any announcements on how they will be enforcing the new helmet regulations in regards to fixed grills etc at the A grade level or any level for that matter?

ATCA have posted some details on their website confirming it will be compulsory for batsmen, wicket keepers who stand at the stumps and close in fielders to wear helmets. States that they are drafting the playing conditions and enforcement procedures, so it will be interesting to see what they come up with. They also say they are considering some leniency when facing spin bowlers. A few grey areas I think.
How close to the batsman do you have to be for a helmet to be compulsory?
How quick does a bowler have to be for a helmet to be compulsory? As an example, let's look at Peter Valente. He's not a spinner, just bowls slow out swingers. Surely batsmen could have the option of removing the helmet when facing him? There are lots of these types of bowlers in ATCA
I assume the umpires will be part of the enforcement procedures? Don't they have enough to contend with already?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:37 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

ATCA have posted some details on their website confirming it will be compulsory for batsmen, wicket keepers who stand at the stumps and close in fielders to wear helmets. States that they are drafting the playing conditions and enforcement procedures, so it will be interesting to see what they come up with. They also say they are considering some leniency when facing spin bowlers. A few grey areas I think.
How quick does a bowler have to be for a helmet to be compulsory? As an example, let's look at Peter Valente. He's not a spinner, just bowls slow out swingers. Surely batsmen could have the option of removing the helmet when facing him? There are lots of these types of bowlers in ATCA
I assume the umpires will be part of the enforcement procedures? Don't they have enough to contend with already?

Is this rule for all grades?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:35 am

Bluedemon wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Is this rule for all grades?

Yes, I believe it is.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Re: 10,000 Club

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:57 am

RainmanZ wrote:10,000 Career Runs (Senior only – T20 exempt)

10,846 R Calabria Pooraka
10,776 J Jarrett Pooraka
10,537 G Stagg Goodwood
10,428 A Olsson PAOC **
10,256 P Box Para Hills/Unley/Ingle Farm
10,210 T Gagliardi Glenunga
10,064 W Potts Goodwood
10,004 K Reid Walkerville
**This is a reasonable estimate based on longevity & averages

Would've averaged 300 if the umpires got it right.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:47 am

any draft fixtures out yet?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby bloods08 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:33 pm

A1-C2 up on MyCricket App (not ATCA website though). Not sure it’s very accurate though as we’ve got a few games where our As and Bs are playing the same week on same ground.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 13 times

Postby Trader » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:01 am

Not sure what's going on here but it seems Para Hills have picked up Jack Dent and Jack Latchford. I guess Ingle Farm aren't the only club dishing out the coin this season.

Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Sam Sung » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:33 am

lies
Sam Sung
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Barossa District