Port Adelaide 2019

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Postby MW » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:17 am

AFL have broken attendance records again...they are not going to change it.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:20 am

MW wrote:AFL have broken attendance records again...they are not going to change it.

They are always looking for that 1% more though so they wont rest on their laurels either.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:24 am

MW wrote:AFL have broken attendance records again...they are not going to change it.

Richmond, Collingwood and Essendon all finishing top 8 has helped those figures I’d imagine.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:27 am

am Bays wrote:
LMA wrote:
am Bays wrote:
MW wrote:keep missing finals and they won't afford to stay in the comp

Yes they can, they just need their fans to turn up 40 000 at a time as Rooch and George said.

No I'm not quoting anyone by saying 40 000 is the break even crowd figure but if they get 40 000 to each game (2/3 members rock up to each home game) their future is assured.

The future of Port Adelaide is in the hands of their fans.

40000 to each game would equate to around 75% attendance rate. Would struggle to find any club getting those figures per membership numbers, Crows maybe.

I get that and I'm genuinely not trying to have a dig at PAFC but it was basically a call to arms from George, in particular. If you want this club to be successful and viable we need you our members and supporters (casual rock ups who aren't members) to attend our home games no matter what.

The reality is compared to the clubs with the bigger market share of supporters in each state and across the country clubs like Port, Freo, Saints, Bulldogs, North and Melb need bums on seats more so than the clubs like Richmond, Collingwood, Essendon Crows and West Coast. Not saying they don't need bums on seats or you don't have a place in the commercial market place but the "smaller" clubs need fans to rock up far more than the "bigger" clubs

Without knowing you LMA I'll make the assumption that you like Boon attend regularly to Port games. You need more like you two to be committed to the cause to ensure off field viability and onfield success.

They've got my money whether I go along or not, I direct debit my two Platinum tickets across the year with monthly installments. How me going or not equates to break even is a mystery to me.

If I go and (lol) don't have a beer or buy any food it's no different to me not going. The SMA take the food/drink monies so it's not just people going along it's people buying 11 game home match season tickets that count more than memberships. Two different things. I can be a member of the PAFC and not have an 11 game home match ticket.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:01 am

Booney wrote:
am Bays wrote:
LMA wrote:
am Bays wrote:[quote="MW"]keep missing finals and they won't afford to stay in the comp

Yes they can, they just need their fans to turn up 40 000 at a time as Rooch and George said.

No I'm not quoting anyone by saying 40 000 is the break even crowd figure but if they get 40 000 to each game (2/3 members rock up to each home game) their future is assured.

The future of Port Adelaide is in the hands of their fans.

40000 to each game would equate to around 75% attendance rate. Would struggle to find any club getting those figures per membership numbers, Crows maybe.

I get that and I'm genuinely not trying to have a dig at PAFC but it was basically a call to arms from George, in particular. If you want this club to be successful and viable we need you our members and supporters (casual rock ups who aren't members) to attend our home games no matter what.

The reality is compared to the clubs with the bigger market share of supporters in each state and across the country clubs like Port, Freo, Saints, Bulldogs, North and Melb need bums on seats more so than the clubs like Richmond, Collingwood, Essendon Crows and West Coast. Not saying they don't need bums on seats or you don't have a place in the commercial market place but the "smaller" clubs need fans to rock up far more than the "bigger" clubs

Without knowing you LMA I'll make the assumption that you like Boon attend regularly to Port games. You need more like you two to be committed to the cause to ensure off field viability and onfield success.

They've got my money whether I go along or not, I direct debit my two Platinum tickets across the year with monthly installments. How me going or not equates to break even is a mystery to me.

If I go and (lol) don't have a beer or buy any food it's no different to me not going. The SMA take the food/drink monies so it's not just people going along it's people buying 11 game home match season tickets that count more than memberships. Two different things. I can be a member of the PAFC and not have an 11 game home match ticket.[/quote]
I heard it mentioned somewhere that the SMA catering kick back to the clubs is based on attendance and not sales. The figure is set at $2.70 per person through the gate so the difference between a 40k crowd and 30k crowd is $27k per home game
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Dutchy » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:43 am

MW wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Love the grenade Port have thrown over Port road to West Lakes by declaring Kenny the coach for 2020.

and this is why Port will never be successful in the AFL if the first thought about assuring the coaches future is relating it somehow to the Crows

They haven''t backed their coach in all year but obviously have made a decision (whether it is the right one is another question) and have come out strongly straight away and taken away any speculation and heat away from Alberton. Got to give them credit for that.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2325 times
Been liked: 3505 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:57 am

Moving away from coaches.. on Sunday watching the game the commentators kept talking about DBJ being in AA squad contention - I have to be honest, that suprised me, was the first time i'd even heard it mentioned or considered.

Was DBJ's season really that good?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4002 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:04 am

The Bedge wrote:Moving away from coaches.. on Sunday watching the game the commentators kept talking about DBJ being in AA squad contention - I have to be honest, that suprised me, was the first time i'd even heard it mentioned or considered.

If you listened to the commentators the AA squad would be around 120.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:05 am

The Bedge wrote:Moving away from coaches.. on Sunday watching the game the commentators kept talking about DBJ being in AA squad contention - I have to be honest, that suprised me, was the first time i'd even heard it mentioned or considered.

I don't think he was ever seriously in AA contention, he will be top 5 in the PAFC BnF though I think .
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:33 am

Anyone hear KT on triple M?
He was asked about players not being paid and whether it was to do with the salary cap or not.
He couldn’t give a straight answer and went round and round in circles.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:35 am

amber_fluid wrote:Anyone hear KT on triple M?
He was asked about players not being paid and whether it was to do with the salary cap or not.

That’s ok because he didn’t say “mate”

#safootylogic
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:38 am

Brodlach wrote:

#safootylogic

Thanks mate.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:41 am

Brodlach wrote:

#safootylogic

Too right big fella.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:47 am

Cheers cobbers
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:56 am

Brodlach wrote:

#safootylogic

Very testy. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:57 am

I can only assume that it's to minimize the damage to the bottom line this year with a forecast of better returns next year.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:01 pm

Booney wrote:

I can only assume that it's to minimize the damage to the bottom line this year with a forecast of better returns next year.

Yeah I assume also but not sure why he couldn’t just say that.
He made no sense what so ever.

Have a listen too it.
He normally speaks well but he was making no sense.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:04 pm

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

#safootylogic

Nah not testy at all just delivering facts
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:19 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

#safootylogic

Nah not testy at all just delivering facts

So it's a fact that KT not saying "mate" failed the SA Footy test?

Fact?

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby am Bays » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:39 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:They've got my money whether I go along or not, I direct debit my two Platinum tickets across the year with monthly installments. How me going or not equates to break even is a mystery to me.

If I go and (lol) don't have a beer or buy any food it's no different to me not going. The SMA take the food/drink monies so it's not just people going along it's people buying 11 game home match season tickets that count more than memberships. Two different things. I can be a member of the PAFC and not have an 11 game home match ticket.

I heard it mentioned somewhere that the SMA catering kick back to the clubs is based on attendance and not sales. The figure is set at $2.70 per person through the gate so the difference between a 40k crowd and 30k crowd is $27k per home game

So using that maths Port stands to get an extra ~ $300 000 (11 home games at $27 000) or roughly ~ 2.5% of the 2019 Salary cap

May be handy to their bottom line.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 1812 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL