Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby jackpot jim » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:53 am

damian wrote:Anyone heard much about Alleway being reported on Saturday? Having watched the footage, both his strikes on Derham (12 minute mark of the Happy FM footage) and on Helyar (1:36:38) are both quite ordinary. Latest I’ve heard is he has no case to answer.

Well spotted damian, Very Interesting footage indeed.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby field of dreams » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:24 am

Heard nothing about any incidents on the day, but apparently Creeks have raised the Helyar knock. Not to report but so that it is noted the umpires missed it.

Creeks too good. Very even side across the ground and would have to be favourites now with great form. That said anything could still happen and all 5 sides are in with a good chance.

Medal- shrug. Alleway and Yeomans invited for victor. Alleway will poll well again - has had a very good year. I thought Copestick early, missed 4 games though and Pinyon/Ziggy should steal plenty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:32 am

damian wrote:Anyone heard much about Alleway being reported on Saturday? Having watched the footage, both his strikes on Derham (12 minute mark of the Happy FM footage) and on Helyar (1:36:38) are both quite ordinary. Latest I’ve heard is he has no case to answer.

Additionally, any tips for the Mail Medal on Wednesday night? I think Bass will take it home.

Just had a look, 1st one could be classified as a footy collision, but the 2nd one was a clear raised elbow to the jaw and lucky there wasn't serious damage done, right in front of umpire also. For someone so big there is no need for him to raise an elbow unless he is trying to do some harm.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby JD1981 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:21 pm

Just checked the website - venues for finals still not up, does anyone know where they are this weekend (and beyond)?
Thanks
JD1981
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Millicent

Postby jackpot jim » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:28 pm

JD1981 wrote:Just checked the website - venues for finals still not up, does anyone know where they are this weekend (and beyond)?
Thanks

Qualifying Final Sat Aug 31st @ Victor Harbor
Elimination Final Sun Sept 1st @ Langhorne Creek
2nd Semi Final Sat Sept 7th @ Willunga
1st Semi Final Sunday Sept 8th @ Strathalbyn
Preliminary Final Sat Sept 14th @ Yankalilla
Grand Final Sat Sept 21st @ McLaren Vale
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby field of dreams » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:30 pm

JD1981 wrote:Just checked the website - venues for finals still not up, does anyone know where they are this weekend (and beyond)?
Thanks

Been up all year

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page ... sID=412040

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby JD1981 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:50 pm

Sorry, my bad, i was looking at the week by week round fixtures and noticed it wasnt included in that area.

Thanks for the assistance
JD1981
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Millicent

Postby Snap Kick Ninja » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:28 pm

jackpot jim wrote:
Thanks

Qualifying Final Sat Aug 31st @ Victor Harbor
Elimination Final Sun Sept 1st @ Langhorne Creek
2nd Semi Final Sat Sept 7th @ Willunga
1st Semi Final Sunday Sept 8th @ Strathalbyn
Preliminary Final Sat Sept 14th @ Yankalilla
Grand Final Sat Sept 21st @ McLaren Vale

2nd semi is at Myponga due to Willungas renovations
Snap Kick Ninja
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby mutton cove » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:48 pm

Damian.
Not the first time this year season he has crossed the line, ask Yank. Probably got votes from the ump's as well. Lets hope he retires before he does some serious damage.
mutton cove
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby Tiger83 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:12 pm

mutton cove wrote:Damian.
Not the first time this year season he has crossed the line, ask Yank. Probably got votes from the ump's as well. Lets hope he retires before he does some serious damage.

Yep dirty thug. Should especially be held to higher standards given he is the coach, but always seems to have ‘no case to answer’. The fact that most incidents are caught on tape is even worse. Throw in the fact that umpire intimidation and belittling at the tribunal had gone on, it’s a bit of a disgrace. However nothing surprises me anymore.
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:17 pm

Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Pag » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:20 pm

Just saw the Alleway one, cannot fathom how he gets off that.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby jackpot jim » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:10 pm

Pag wrote:Just saw the Alleway one, cannot fathom how he gets off that.

Easy when theres no report to start with. Whilst an incident may be easily identifiable from watching video footage, during live play things happen in a split second and umpires i think can be excused for missing things like this from time to time as they need to be very sure just what happened to be reporting and sending players off etc.
I guess clubs have the right to make their own reports and use video evidence? Im not sure what the process is?
Also im guessing clubs at times dont want to be seen as dobbers and unless a serious injury resulted from a dog act clubs im guessing would just rather move on and concentrate on next week.
Incidentally Sellar for the Creeks suffered a severe concussion from a rucking contest against Alleway earlier in the season and was forced to miss the following match. Not making any aspersions as to what actually happened there as didnt see it, just the result. Who knows, may have been an accident?
Anyway after the AFL seemingly endorsed Gary Ablett earlier in the season with his wayward elbows who knows whats acceptable these days?
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:58 pm

jackpot jim wrote:

Easy when theres no report to start with. Whilst an incident may be easily identifiable from watching video footage, during live play things happen in a split second and umpires i think can be excused for missing things like this from time to time as they need to be very sure just what happened to be reporting and sending players off etc.
I guess clubs have the right to make their own reports and use video evidence? Im not sure what the process is?
Also im guessing clubs at times dont want to be seen as dobbers and unless a serious injury resulted from a dog act clubs im guessing would just rather move on and concentrate on next week.
Incidentally Sellar for the Creeks suffered a severe concussion from a rucking contest against Alleway earlier in the season and was forced to miss the following match. Not making any aspersions as to what actually happened there as didnt see it, just the result. Who knows, may have been an accident?
Anyway after the AFL seemingly endorsed Gary Ablett earlier in the season with his wayward elbows who knows whats acceptable these days?

With the clear and damning evidence that we just viewed I think the league should intervene and be proactive.

Yes, it probably would've been missed by the umpires as they are generally fixed on watching where the ball is.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:16 pm

I suspect not wanting to finish his footy career would have something to do with it as I believe he is one suspension away from deregistration
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:24 pm

Dutchy wrote:I suspect not wanting to finish his footy career would have something to do with it as I believe he is one suspension away from deregistration

What a load of horse shit.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:35 pm

Country leagues are notorious for being light handed with suspensions or for blokes getting reported in the first place. If they are going to endorse the videoing of matches for public consumption then they have to act accordingly when a reportable offence has occurred. Surely it is a worse look for the league by doing nothing rather than being concerned about being the league that has issued the final suspension to someone who gets deregistered as a result.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Newkid » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:42 pm

He is a protected species the association wont do anything about it..unfortunately it is like this in every league including AFL!!
Newkid
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Pag » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:43 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
jackpot jim wrote:

With the clear and damning evidence that we just viewed I think the league should intervene and be proactive.

Yes, it probably would've been missed by the umpires as they are generally fixed on watching where the ball is.

Not blaming the umpire, can't call it if he doesn't see it, but surely the league have seen it now and can call it.

Couldn't care if he's ex-SANFL, it was a deadset snipe after the ball had gone and deserves weeks. If it ends his career, so be it.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Old_mate21 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:56 pm

Dutchy wrote:https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=775314449551419

If he did that in the SAAFL he would get an easy six minimum. That is as deliberate an elbow as you could throw. Lucky not to have done more damage.
Old_mate21
Rookie

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy