Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:50 pm

OnSong wrote:Anyone see the incidents between United and Mallala during the reserves on Saturday?

I heard a junior player was left unconscious from a late hit, one United player copped a red card, while two Mallala players were also red carded and will miss the remainder of the season?

Yep, Brad Shimmin with a very ordinary late head high hit on a 16 year old kick well after disposal and knocked him out cold. Not much more to be said really - kind of sums the bloke up ;) The United boys seemed pretty proud of his achievements though :roll: The umpire failed to act on the incident yet again, and a similar late hit from the same player on another 18 year old kid 10 minutes later resulted in a melee and a couple of Mallala players over stepped the mark and were sent off for striking.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:00 pm

Not sure how you summise that United were proud. Werent exactly high fiving each other.
Umpires reported him, so once again not sure how you say they did nothing?
The hit on the other guy was after the 'kid' struck him from behind (coward punch), who was also duly reported.
Other Mallala player to be reported was a 16 year old 'kid' who threw multiple punches at a player already on the ground. Once again umpire duly reported him.
I thought the umpires handled it well, probably could've reported more Mallala 'kid's' who I saw land more strikes from behind ;)
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:28 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Not sure how you summise that United were proud. Werent exactly high fiving each other.

Mythical Creature wrote:I was there and seen it :lol:

Your use of the laughing emoji in your initial post was a slight giveaway, and kind of summed up the sentiment of some of your players and supporters as the kid was laying out cold on the ground. But hey...let's move on, its finals time.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:34 pm

I used a laughing emoji because in answer to did anyone see the melee I was probably as close to anyone to it.

I think United's sentiment to the knocked out player was quite sincere, as we could see he was in trouble we approached the umpires to call half time early (despite us kicking with the wind) to allow plenty of time for the trainers (including Uniteds) to assess him and not feel rushed. The umpires were considering this but wanted agreement from the mallala captain who said no.

Like I originally said......
Mythical Creature wrote:I hope the Malalla lad that was bumped late is ok as he looked in a bad way on the field. :(

Good luck to everyone in finals.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Number7 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:12 am

Not the first incident involving these teams. No one wants to see this sort of stuff, especially involving junior players. By MC’s account the umpires handled correctly.
Number7

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Hazbeen » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:45 am

Number7 wrote:Not the first incident involving these teams. No one wants to see this sort of stuff, especially involving junior players. By MC’s account the umpires handled correctly.

These teams, like Balak & Hummocks have been punching on since the dark ages
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:15 am

Mythical Creature wrote:Not sure how you summise that United were proud. Werent exactly high fiving each other.
Umpires reported him, so once again not sure how you say they did nothing?
The hit on the other guy was after the 'kid' struck him from behind (coward punch), who was also duly reported.
Other Mallala player to be reported was a 16 year old 'kid' who threw multiple punches at a player already on the ground. Once again umpire duly reported him.
I thought the umpires handled it well, probably could've reported more Mallala 'kid's' who I saw land more strikes from behind ;)

I would've thought Dougy and Will would've handled it, Dougy doesn't put up with any crap at all, not even from his counterpart.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:17 am

Hazbeen wrote:
Number7 wrote:Not the first incident involving these teams. No one wants to see this sort of stuff, especially involving junior players. By MC’s account the umpires handled correctly.

These teams, like Balak & Hummocks have been punching on since the dark ages

They come in sets of two.

United & Mallala
Hummocks & Balaks
Virginia & Two Wells

To a lesser degree Angle Vale & Hamley.

I do think the rivalry between Angle Vale and Virginia is as fierce as any now.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:47 pm

Hearing Dalys knee from two wells is horrific!
Acl, pcl, cartridge plus hammy off the bone?
Good luck recovering from that young fella :shock: :(
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Hazbeen » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:56 pm

Photo in the Producer of Daly's knee as it happened
Hazbeen
Veteran

Postby magpieeagle » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:04 pm

Crossman 3 game's.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby GIDDY UP! » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:39 am

Have the invites for mail medal been handed out yet? Be curious to know who got invited..... and who people think is a chance this year?
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby OnSong » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:38 pm

All third-placed teams progress from the First Semi:

JC: Two Wells
SC: Balaklava
B grade: Mallala by 5 goals
A grade: HWE by 3 goals
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Hazbeen » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:23 pm

GIDDY UP! wrote:Have the invites for mail medal been handed out yet? Be curious to know who got invited..... and who people think is a chance this year?

Had thought Jordan Bailey would have been a good chance for the Producer Medal but he wasn't in our invite list
Hazbeen
Veteran

Postby OnSong » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:48 pm

Hazbeen wrote:
GIDDY UP! wrote:Have the invites for mail medal been handed out yet? Be curious to know who got invited..... and who people think is a chance this year?

Had thought Jordan Bailey would have been a good chance for the Producer Medal but he wasn't in our invite list

Yes, that is odd. Can take a while for new players to start getting votes though.

I hate criticising the volunteers at clubs but I heard Hamley Bridge ran out of hot food VERY early in the piece on Saturday.

Can only think it's just stacks of lost catering revenue for the club. Was it a huge crowd? Felt big but not out of the ordinary.
OnSong
Coach

Postby GIDDY UP! » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:56 pm

OnSong wrote:
Hazbeen wrote:

Yes, that is odd. Can take a while for new players to start getting votes though.

I hate criticising the volunteers at clubs but I heard Hamley Bridge ran out of hot food VERY early in the piece on Saturday.

Can only think it's just stacks of lost catering revenue for the club. Was it a huge crowd? Felt big but not out of the ordinary.

I pretty sure this has happened once before at Hamley. 2017 is ringing a bell...... run out of hot food and bottle water before the B’s had ever started.
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:05 pm

Invitations sent for the Producer Medal, not sure who has been invited from each club although we can eliminate Jordan Bailey on the above info.

Josh Seal from Mallala a good chance with no Jordan Clements taking votes off him.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:37 am

OnSong wrote:
Hazbeen wrote:

There wasn't many spots left for cars to cram in, took me longer to find a park than it did to get there just about.

It didn't seem like there were big clumps of people, just relatively dense all the way around.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby My opinion » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:26 am

The Gaza Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Matt Krieg as Men's Senior Club Coach of the Gaza Football Club for the next 2 seasons.
Matt brings to Gaza an extensive playing career in the SANFL and VFL, and over 10 years coaching experience at Hills, SANFL U18's and SA Country Football Leagues.
Matt's vision for the club on the field was a great fit for our playing group, and is aligned with our off field aspirations for the future of this great club.
On behalf of all members and supporters we welcome Matt to Gaza and look forward to writing the next exciting chapter in the club's history.
My opinion
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby OnSong » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:33 am

My opinion wrote:The Gaza Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Matt Krieg as Men's Senior Club Coach of the Gaza Football Club for the next 2 seasons.
Matt brings to Gaza an extensive playing career in the SANFL and VFL, and over 10 years coaching experience at Hills, SANFL U18's and SA Country Football Leagues.
Matt's vision for the club on the field was a great fit for our playing group, and is aligned with our off field aspirations for the future of this great club.
On behalf of all members and supporters we welcome Matt to Gaza and look forward to writing the next exciting chapter in the club's history.

Will be interesting to see what he can get done there. Always felt like he said the right things and got the best out of the group at United.
Hard to know without being in the inner sanctum if he was that good, but from the outside, he seemed to be doing a pretty good job.

I did hear one of the criticisms of him was he didn't do much of the social stuff after matches. Not sure how true that is.
OnSong
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy