Been liked: 7921 times

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Postby heater31 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:38 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Hefty wrote:Eddie Betts been cut

How is he cut before tex????

Is that a real question?
Those fake news Facebook pages reporting that Tex is up for trade anyway.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:41 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Is that a real question?

Well there are questions marks and there is a subject and an action so grammatically it meets the criteria to be a real question.

Also (always good to start a sentence with a conjunction) it is responding to a statement on the internet and everything posted on the interweb is 100% true...

;) :D

(emoticons inserted to meet un-written forum protocols)
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:58 am

am Bays wrote:
Well there are questions marks and there is a subject and an action so grammatically it meets the criteria to be a real question.

Also (always good to start a sentence with a conjunction) it is responding to a statement on the internet and everything posted on the interweb is 100% true...

;) :D

(emoticons inserted to meet un-written forum protocols)

Thank you.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:01 am

FWIW, I think if Tex is relieved of his captaincy duties he will re-capture some form, although he wasn't great this year he still had some days where you could see he is still strong and a focal point, just let him go and play his game without the added pressure he'd be placing on himself, I think he still has some good footy left in him, strength and skill doesn't disappear overnight.

Sloane is just the ultimate blue collar operator, he will play the same way regardless, he is a natural born leader who leads by example.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:06 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:FWIW, I think if Tex is relieved of his captaincy duties he will re-capture some form, although he wasn't great this year he still had some days where you could see he is still strong and a focal point, just let him go and play his game without the added pressure he'd be placing on himself, I think he still has some good footy left in him, strength and skill doesn't disappear overnight.

Sloane is just the ultimate blue collar operator, he will play the same way regardless, he is a natural born leader who leads by example.

Walker turns around slower than The Ghan.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7485 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:08 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:FWIW, I think if Tex is relieved of his captaincy duties he will re-capture some form, although he wasn't great this year he still had some days where you could see he is still strong and a focal point, just let him go and play his game without the added pressure he'd be placing on himself, I think he still has some good footy left in him, strength and skill doesn't disappear overnight.

And talks slower than it too, can still hold position, take a strong mark and kick a long goal.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:09 am

Booney wrote:Walker turns around slower than The Ghan.

Much like Dixon.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:11 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Is that a real question?

He has been dead set junk since mid 2017. His captaincy has saved his position..
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:17 am

You’re probably right about his ordinary form and the transition from captain has already begun.

Mentally spent after Phil Walsh (and he was a great leader over this period), losing the Grand Final and whatever shit us going on in the back ground.

Just needs to play footy and not worry about the rest of the responsibilities that the captain has
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:18 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

And talks slower than it too, can still hold position, take a strong mark and kick a long goal.

He doesn't take strong marks. Never has.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:19 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Yes he does, he doesn’t take overhead marks
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:22 am

Brodlach wrote:You’re probably right about his ordinary form and the transition from captain has already begun.

Mentally spent after Phil Walsh (and he was a great leader over this period), losing the Grand Final and whatever shit us going on in the back ground.

Just needs to play footy and not worry about the rest of the responsibilities that the captain has

Agreed.

But how long does he get a pass for??? This is a performance based industry and he hasn't been performing for some time...

He needs another key forward to help him out. He was at his best when Tippett was there... Tex got the second or third best defender.

I like Tex as a person and would love to see him play well. But he hasn't been for such a long time.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby LMA » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:25 am

Can't bowl, can't throw
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby JK » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:29 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

He's never been a "pack mark" type of player, even back to his SANFL days. Always had a beautiful pair of hands on a lead though and was relatively agile for a key forward. Both of those aspects of his game appear to have diminished though.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby MW » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:31 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:You’re probably right about his ordinary form and the transition from captain has already begun.

Agreed.

But how long does he get a pass for??? This is a performance based industry and he hasn't been performing for some time...

He needs another key forward to help him out. He was at his best when Tippett was there... Tex got the second or third best defender.

I like Tex as a person and would love to see him play well. But he hasn't been for such a long time.

He's not performing agreed. Still managed to kick 40+ goals though.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2597 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:38 am

Booney wrote:

The Ghan turns around at the flick of a switch. ;)

I thought He's often worked very hard to present at times and took responsibility more often than not when shooting for goal. The big problem for any Adelaide forward is that midfield. However, in football terms at least, strength and skill does tend to disappear overnight.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:39 am

MW wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Agreed.

He's not performing agreed. Still managed to kick 40+ goals though.

Yeah that's not terrible, but does he stand up when he's needed. I always feel he kicks goals when the game has lost some heat...
Looking at his stats he had maybe 2 decent games this year

Round 13 vs Richmond and the last game of the season.

I just think he doesn't impact a game good enough or for long enough for someone who has all the tools to dominate

https://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=1894
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:43 am

That 18 month - 2 year period can't be underestimated when you look at the toll it took on the leaders on and off field at the AFC.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:57 pm

There is no doubt there is an element of leadership, fitness, talent, desire and operations in how we are going at the moment. I guess these reviews will determine what % of each is contributing to it.

Agree the legacy of Walsh passing and camp has had long term effects that will likely never go away with each player who was involved in those periods. Couple that with the constant local and national attention this club has received since the 2017 GF, and mentally they are completely shot. If I was a player I would not want to play for us for that alone.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2597 times
Been liked: 1844 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL