Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Postby field of dreams » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:17 pm

Dutchy wrote:Did Simon Phillips play much at Pongy?

8 games

2 v Goolwa
2 v Yank
1 v strath, Mclaren, creek and bays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 78 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby mutton cove » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:23 pm

grasshopper22.
Serial offender. It's taken three years to get him to a tribunal, lets see if the powers to be have the nuts to do what should have been done three years ago.
mutton cove
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby neverwas neverwillbe » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:29 pm

field of dreams wrote:Mail medal votes per club and club votes per win
Willunga ........81.......5.59
Compass.......75.......5.56
Victor.............68.......5.67
Cree.k............67.......5.15
McLaren........63.......5.25
Strathalbyn...55.......5.50
Bays...............49.......7.00
Yankalilla.......43.......8.60
GPE................29......14.50
Pongy............10......10.00

Pretty much how the ladder ended up. Almost.

Dingo took my baby.
neverwas neverwillbe
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:06 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Followed by:
Ellis (Mc) 24
Sellar (LH) 24
Vitkunas (MC) 22

Tonkin has been running the league for years yet still can't pronounce Langhorne Creek properly. There is no S in Langhorne Gordon.

Only just read this :shock: I think GT could correctly pronounce it since he's from there

Congratulations to Daniel Bass

Great year old man Muff
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby field of dreams » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:39 pm

mutton cove wrote:grasshopper22.
Serial offender. It's taken three years to get him to a tribunal, lets see if the powers to be have the nuts to do what should have been done three years ago.

What happened 3 years ago mc?
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby Double2blue » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:13 am

I’ve read all this hysteria and commentary on Alleway for Victor. Did someone get badly hurt for LC last Saturday. Hopefully not. Bontempelli hit A GWS player with his elbow in the larynx and fractured it, no answer from MRP. This player will miss finals for GWS. I’m trying to put it into perspective here a little. No one wants to see behind the play incidents and players should be wiped out for this straight away. Can someone tell me please how hurt these LC players are from this apparent thuggery. If not is this a witch hunt? I actually was at the game where Sellar got hurt 10 weeks ago and it was an accident as I saw Alleway put his hands on him while on the ground and call for trainers to come straight away.
Double2blue
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Tasman

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:21 am

The injury to the victim should only influence the severity of the final penalty rather than the act itself. It can be a case of millimetres as to whether the player gets a broken face or gets lucky. I don't think how you react to a player you have just hurt means anything. Can just be a case of achieving what you've set out to do and then showing a bit of sympathy to downplay your intentions.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:38 am

Double2blue wrote:I’ve read all this hysteria and commentary on Alleway for Victor. Did someone get badly hurt for LC last Saturday. Hopefully not. Bontempelli hit A GWS player with his elbow in the larynx and fractured it, no answer from MRP. This player will miss finals for GWS. I’m trying to put it into perspective here a little. No one wants to see behind the play incidents and players should be wiped out for this straight away. Can someone tell me please how hurt these LC players are from this apparent thuggery. If not is this a witch hunt? I actually was at the game where Sellar got hurt 10 weeks ago and it was an accident as I saw Alleway put his hands on him while on the ground and call for trainers to come straight away.

Deserves a fair few weeks no matter how you sugar coat it. If there was a serious injury then he should be looking at the double double digits weeks suspended. That sort of shit is nothing short of assault and it’s only luck that it didn’t cause it from being a far more serious issue as the footage clearly shows the intent.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Double2blue » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:47 pm

I agree with what has been said however going back to the Bontempelli incident he got off due to the fact an injury/Dr report was lodged too late. If it was lodged prior to the MRP review he was gone for 2-4 weeks. He might win the Brownlow now. I just think the AFL now judge sanctions handed down in suspensions on injury report from incident. Anyway, we’ll see how it plays out. My tip from the matches I’ve seen this year is Compass to win the flag but Creek are coming. The other 3 I don’t think so this year.
Double2blue
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Tasman

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:02 pm

Double2blue wrote:I’ve read all this hysteria and commentary on Alleway for Victor. Did someone get badly hurt for LC last Saturday. Hopefully not. Bontempelli hit A GWS player with his elbow in the larynx and fractured it, no answer from MRP. This player will miss finals for GWS. I’m trying to put it into perspective here a little. No one wants to see behind the play incidents and players should be wiped out for this straight away. Can someone tell me please how hurt these LC players are from this apparent thuggery. If not is this a witch hunt? I actually was at the game where Sellar got hurt 10 weeks ago and it was an accident as I saw Alleway put his hands on him while on the ground and call for trainers to come straight away.

Proves it beyond reasonable doubt :roll: Maybe he just thought: "Farq! I could be in trouble here"

He'd be busy on Wednesday night for both those incidents last Saturday if he was playing in the SAAFL
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby jackpot jim » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:31 pm

Was told one of the Creek players still has a sore jaw, the other im guessing ok ?
Both ok to play Saturday
The AFL MRP is an utter FARCE and NO comparison should be made to it.
It's no witch hunt imo
The facts are there for everyone to view on the video.
Theres been a Report put forward and it should be judged on merit.
The fact that Alleway is apparently sitting on the precipice of a life long ban from the game should have nothing to do it
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby DOC » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:03 pm

jackpot jim wrote:

Was told one of the Creek players still has a sore jaw, the other im guessing ok ?
Both ok to play Saturday
The AFL MRP is an utter FARCE and NO comparison should be made to it.
It's no witch hunt imo
The facts are there for everyone to view on the video.
Theres been a Report put forward and it should be judged on merit.
The fact that Alleway is apparently sitting on the precipice of a life long ban from the game should have nothing to do it

But says everything.

Well said.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:47 am

Tips for this week end

Creeks by 7points in an absolute thriller today, however if Compass play their best footy they have the potential to blow creeks out the park early.

Mclaren to knock Victor out in the elimination tomorrow in what would be a very disappointing end to the season for everyone at Victor especially if you look back a month they were sitting top of the table and ended up missing the double chance.

May have already been posted but what happened with Watchmans exit at Mclaren?
Have heard a couple of stories.

grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:40 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:Tips for this week end

Creeks by 7points in an absolute thriller today, however if Compass play their best footy they have the potential to blow creeks out the park early.

Mclaren to knock Victor out in the elimination tomorrow in what would be a very disappointing end to the season for everyone at Victor especially if you look back a month they were sitting top of the table and ended up missing the double chance.

May have already been posted but what happened with Watchmans exit at Mclaren?
Have heard a couple of stories.

Agree grasshopper, Creeks and McLaren for me tho they are both really toss of the coin jobs
Creeks because theyve beaten Compass 4 of their last 5 meetings. Compass too reliant on Pinyon and Ziggy to kick their goals whilst the Creeks have a plethora of options.
McLaren because they beat Victor a few weeks back and Victor may be mentally shot after tumbling from Top to 5th in the space of a few weeks.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:55 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:Tips for this week end

=D> =D> ^:)^ ^:)^

Great tipping Grasshopper on BOTH counts

Creeks won albeit by 9 points and not 7 ;) and you were also correct in saying that Compass could blow the Creek away early which they also did (albeit with a 5 goal wind) to lead 5 - 5 (35) to 0 - 0 (0) at quarter time.

Still facing a 33 point deficit at 3/4 time and having only kicked 4 goals for the match, things were looking grim for the Creek but this group have the belief they can overcome any challenge and this they did as they attacked relentlessly in the last term to swamp Compass kicking 7 - 6 to 1 - 0 and progress to the 2nd Semi against Willunga.
Also a nice gesture and sportsmanship by the Compass team in among the extreme disappointment of the loss to clap off 250 gamer for the Creeks Brendan Saunders who was chaired off the ground after the game.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby field of dreams » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:38 pm

Yesterday’s elimination was played in sunny and breezy conditions, but scoring at both ends was much easier than at Victor on Saturday.
The game started slowly with both sides struggling to impact the scoreboard early. Brett Ellis was dominating clearances but as the quarter went on Victor gained ascendancy with 2 quick goals to Williams, a rovers snap from ruckman McKay and singles to Davey, Conners and Bartram to give victor a 25 point quarter time lead at 6-3 to 2-2
In the second quarter Brett Ellis continued to dominate clearances and also kicked 2 of McLaren’s 3 for the term. The contest was pretty even till the 20 minute mark though the lead was pegged back to only 10 points with Victor only managing 5 points and one out on the full. From then till half time Victor pulled away with a further 3-3 to nothing leaving the half time score at VH 9-11 leading Mclaren 5-4.
After half time Victor took inaccuracy to a new level. Point after point left the door well ajar and McLaren seemed to score a major from every forward entry. Victor kicked 1-12 (and another on the full) and McLaren 6-1 including Gill converting after the siren from a mark. Score at the final break was VH 10-23, Mclaren 11-5 giving Victor only a 2 goal buffer (well 12 points [emoji57]) despite having 33 to 16 scores (plus the on-the-fulls!).
McLaren started the final quarter well with a strong mark and goal to Wakefield to make it only 6 points. VH followed with Alleway’s snap from ruck missing everything then yet another 2 points. Lambert had a running shot which cleared the marking contest before bouncing into the goal post followed by yet another VH point through a rushed behind.
At the 10 minute mark the margin was 8 points before Sam Basham finally stopped the rot with a major. From the 15 minute mark the main offenders suddenly found their range with marks and goals to Davey, Ross, Davey, Davey in about 5 minutes to blow the lead out to 37 points.
McLaren weren’t done though and closed the gap through 2 late goals to Grimley and misses to Wakefield and Mathews. Final score VH 15-26 d Mclaren 14-9.
IMO best for Mclaren were Ellis, Gill and Ellison with Wade, McKay, Conners and Ross for Victor.

field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby jackpot jim » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:09 pm

Nice review of the match fod.
Victors inaccuracy certainly kept McLaren in it
Was a weird scoreline that had spectators confused in the latter stages of the match as to just what the margin was at the time with as the Creek scoreboard doesn't show the total points for each team, just goals and behinds.
There was the extraordinary possibility at one stage of a team kicking 3 more goals than their opponents and still losing which one would think may have never happened before ?
Was a great fightback from McLaren to come back from 7 goals down to get within a goal in the last quarter but the effort took its toll and Victor finished off the better.

Another 2 cracking finals coming up next weekend with both again probably being toss of the coin jobs.
Sat Sept 7th 2nd Semi Final
Willunga v Langhorne Creek at Myponga.
Its 1 win apiece this season with both losing on their home grounds.
Tip - Creeks are on a roll with 9 successive wins and theres no reason to tip against them here. Creek by 10 points

Sun Sept 8th 1st Semi Final
Mount Compass v Victor Harbor at Strathalbyn
Compass have had the wood on Victor this year winning both matches by about 4 & 12 goals so going on that alone the Bulldogs would be confident.
Tip - Mt Compass by 19 points
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby limb » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:53 am

The word I'm hearing is that Clint Alleway was handed a two game suspension last night.. can anyone confirm?
limb
Under 18s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby kickittome » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:48 pm

Alleway’s appeal on his 2 game suspension was overturned tonight at an SANFL hearing.
That means he is free to play this Sunday.
Victor would be very relieved.
Will be a rare time I barrack for Compass this weekend.
What a joke.
kickittome
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:50 pm

kickittome wrote:Alleway’s appeal on his 2 game suspension was overturned tonight!
That means he is free to play this Sunday.
Victor would be very relieved.
Will be a rare time I barrack for Compass this weekend.
What a joke.

Surely not?
How could this even happen? Surely must have got off on a technicality? Either that or you’re a good fisherman KITM. haha

grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy