Lightning McQueen wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

I work smart, not hard.

Here early, don't take lunch breaks, 3 screens, I do manage my time efficiently though so it pisses me off when I'm disrupted for no apparent reason.

Which cinema do you work at again?

Club X

No wonder you don't take a lunch break then. Doesn't explain why you don't work hard, though.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby tipper » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Random fire drills

Prefer the non-random variety?

Prefer none at all, you can see who the lazy pricks who do nothing, they're like "Do we have to go back already?"

unfortunately, its a legislative requirement for buildings to have at least 1 a year. (well, for a building the size of the one im in it is anyway)

its worse when you are the one that has to organise them. should see the types of complaints we get when we do it :roll:

"dont do it in school holidays when people are away"

"dont do it on friday/monday because people are away"

"you cant do it now because we have an executive meeting".....

im not doing it because i want to you muppets, im required to.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:15 pm

tipper wrote:
unfortunately, its a legislative requirement for buildings to have at least 1 a year. (well, for a building the size of the one im in it is anyway)

its worse when you are the one that has to organise them. should see the types of complaints we get when we do it :roll:

Usually we get a bit of a heads up that one is coming our way so you can accommodate, if they're in the morning then you have the rest of the day to catch up, late afternoon are a pain in the arse.

We had some peanut whinging to me on our way back in yesterday that it went too quick, I'm not sure that he'll engage in the same convo with me next time.

We have 3 or 4 a year, we also have the alarms go off over very little and a heap of fire engines here in no time, I have no problems at all with that given the industry, it's quite comforting.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby tipper » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:22 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
tipper wrote:

Usually we get a bit of a heads up that one is coming our way so you can accommodate, if they're in the morning then you have the rest of the day to catch up, late afternoon are a pain in the arse.

We had some peanut whinging to me on our way back in yesterday that it went too quick, I'm not sure that he'll engage in the same convo with me next time.

We have 3 or 4 a year, we also have the alarms go off over very little and a heap of fire engines here in no time, I have no problems at all with that given the industry, it's quite comforting.

yeah, we generally do them in the mornings, and try to pick a day with reasonable weather (we usually do them in october) and believe it or not, the legislation actually states that without a warning, it doesnt count as a drill. although, a pa announcement 5 minutes beforehand counts as a warning, so its what we do.

we also run warden training sessions. wardens are supposed to do 2 trainings a year, and a drill counts as training, so maybe your workplace just does drills??

agreed on the real alarms. this building has 900 people in it, and is 18 stories high. the fire dept have been at the fire control room before i can get there in a real alarm, and i was in the building! great response.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:29 pm

tipper wrote:
yeah, we generally do them in the mornings, and try to pick a day with reasonable weather (we usually do them in october) and believe it or not, the legislation actually states that without a warning, it doesnt count as a drill. although, a pa announcement 5 minutes beforehand counts as a warning, so its what we do.

we also run warden training sessions. wardens are supposed to do 2 trainings a year, and a drill counts as training, so maybe your workplace just does drills??

agreed on the real alarms. this building has 900 people in it, and is 18 stories high. the fire dept have been at the fire control room before i can get there in a real alarm, and i was in the building! great response.

Our pa system has a variety of sounds and commentary, we have toolbox talks plenty of work safe inductions that educate us on what each sound represents.
We've had a few fires here in recent years, one jumped Port Wakefield Road on a hot windy day, it was pretty scary, we know once we hear "whoop whoop" it's time to just GTFO and stay calm.

I do understand the importance of the drills but when it's treated as a joke and a piss take it's annoying, moreso that I had to leave early to pick my daughter up from a dodgy train station and bring her back to work, we can't leave our site until the fire has been given the "all clear".
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:20 am

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190825/70fb7d1969435d1f0d59222bf649e38a.jpg[/img]
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby RustyCage » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:42 am

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190825/70fb7d1969435d1f0d59222bf649e38a.jpg[/img]
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby tipper » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:04 pm

supercoach.

3 leagues
3 grand finals
3 big losses
:oops: :oops: :oops:
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:27 pm

Had a rattle in my car, was due for a service so booked it in last week for it to be serviced today.
Rattle was 3 of the 5 wheel nuts inside the hub cap. Other 2 were very loose.
Got new tyres about 3 weeks ago.
Am waiting for owner of tyre shop to ring me back so I can blow absolute shit in his ear.
Still shaking.
******* angry too!
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby MW » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:29 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Had a rattle in my car, was due for a service so booked it in last week for it to be serviced today.
Am waiting for owner of tyre shop to ring me back so I can blow absolute shit in his ear.
Still shaking.
******* angry too!

pricks.
25 years ago I had a tyre changed on my car, and driving it home the wheel came off! I had the same conversation with that tyre shop too...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:48 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Had a rattle in my car, was due for a service so booked it in last week for it to be serviced today.
Still shaking.
******* angry too!

There would be one very loose nut at the end of my phone line if it was me.

Most of your driving would be in 100 km zones too I'd imagine.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby DOC » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:45 pm

Nurses losing their car parks around the North Adelaide Hospital precinct.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby LMA » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:57 pm

DOC wrote:Nurses losing their car parks around the North Adelaide Hospital precinct.

Ridiculous. Safety is non negotiable.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Brodlach » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:15 pm

People with Taptalk ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:25 am

Bloody Brexit and the potential issues it could cause us on our holiday being the partner is from Northern Ireland and were planning on doing a bit of travel between Ireland/Northern Ireland, catching up with friends/family etc.

FFS England sort your shit out.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:59 am

whufc wrote:Bloody Brexit and the potential issues it could cause us on our holiday being the partner is from Northern Ireland and were planning on doing a bit of travel between Ireland/Northern Ireland, catching up with friends/family etc.

If you think this will be sorted by early next year ( IIRC that's when you're going ) you're kidding yourself. An absolute mess of the highest order over there.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:12 am

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:Bloody Brexit and the potential issues it could cause us on our holiday being the partner is from Northern Ireland and were planning on doing a bit of travel between Ireland/Northern Ireland, catching up with friends/family etc.

If you think this will be sorted by early next year ( IIRC that's when you're going ) you're kidding yourself. An absolute mess of the highest order over there.

April/May next year, the worry is they are pushing the no deal leave which would automatically mean their back to hard borders. They know Europe will not allow them to keep delaying and will force the no deal leave sooner rather than later which sucks for us.

Most likely result being that by April next year the EU will have kicked them out but England wont have sorted their shit meaning hard borders.
whufc
Coach

Postby RB » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:13 am

What issues do you anticipate it's going to cause you?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:18 am

RB wrote:

What issues do you anticipate it's going to cause you?

In the most part significant delays to travel times especially considering my partner is Northern Irish with an Australian passport. Previously they use to experience delays well and truly into the hours.

Also will be heightened risk of violence.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:18 am

LMA wrote:
DOC wrote:Nurses losing their car parks around the North Adelaide Hospital precinct.

Ridiculous. Safety is non negotiable.

I can't believe that nurses have to pay for parking.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion