Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:17 am

Mate of mine, with 5 kids, has been having all sorts of tests in recent months as he hasn't been well, on Monday they opened him up, cracking open his rib cage to get to a tumor, they got it all out and found out this morning it is benign, best news Ive had for a long time.

Now is challenge is to be able to swing a golf club by October long weekend when we head to Pt Hughes. :)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Jase » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:52 pm

The minister for finance giving approval for me and some mates to see Liam Gallagher in December...

Will be awesome...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:07 am

Our boys retaining the Ashes after 18 years and 4 unsuccessful tours prior, couldn't be a more proud Australian cricket supporter!

Now to win the series.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:42 am

Not the first and I'm sure it won't be the last time I post this, but I rate this little SA Footy community.

We might know each other, we might not, we might have met, we might not, we might not know someone if we walked past them in the street but I like to think we're ahead of the game when it comes to middle aged men showing themselves as being vulnerable, willing to admit they aren't bullet proof and willing to admit they might need some support from time to time.

Years ago I remember "jokes" about Darren Millane's passing, albeit crass, distasteful and disgusting we all heard them and maybe even repeated them.

The Danny Frawley thread shows how far this little SAF community has come and if we're a reflection of the wider community then things are headed in the right direction in this space.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Magellan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:16 am

Booney wrote:Not the first and I'm sure it won't be the last time I post this, but I rate this little SA Footy community.

We might know each other, we might not, we might have met, we might not, we might not know someone if we walked past them in the street but I like to think we're ahead of the game when it comes to middle aged men showing themselves as being vulnerable, willing to admit they aren't bullet proof and willing to admit they might need some support from time to time.

Years ago I remember "jokes" about Darren Millane's passing, albeit crass, distasteful and disgusting we all heard them and maybe even repeated them.

The Danny Frawley thread shows how far this little SAF community has come and if we're a reflection of the wider community then things are headed in the right direction in this space.

Great post, well said.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Spargo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:25 am

My in-laws being one of the early bird prize winners in the Hospital home lottery.
$70k Jaguar E-Pace P 250 S
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:40 am

Spargo wrote:My in-laws being one of the early bird prize winners in the Hospital home lottery.

I took one of them for a drive when I was shopping, among about 12 others.

The E Pace starts at $57k, but add in keyless entry ( $1000 - **** off ) ) premium sound, body kit ( twin exhaust etc ), premium interior, smart phone pack ( $450 for Smart phone tech - **** off! ) and all the bells to go with whistles and it becomes the $70k car your outlaws just won.

If I was spending $70k there's no way in hell this way my choice. It didn't feel like a $57k car, let alone $70k car.

Having said that if I won it for $100 I'm laughing my arse off.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:47 pm

Been feeling pretty flat since Sunday morning when the team I coach got bundled out of the finals and then the news of Spud, however rapt for one of my players who won the Comp's u15 B&F medal last night, cracking kid (all 6'4 of him!). Extremely talented who has been juggling footy and cricket all year, now that footy is over he can finally focus on playing in the Cricket Australia u15 team in the u17 National Championships in October. The Westies U16 coach was at the presentation last night and reminded him/us that their footy pre-season starts in November :lol: he is going to have to make a tough decision soon.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Keefy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:11 pm

Dutchy wrote:Been feeling pretty flat since Sunday morning when the team I coach got bundled out of the finals and then the news of Spud, however rapt for one of my players who won the Comp's u15 B&F medal last night, cracking kid (all 6'4 of him!). Extremely talented who has been juggling footy and cricket all year, now that footy is over he can finally focus on playing in the Cricket Australia u15 team in the u17 National Championships in October. The Westies U16 coach was at the presentation last night and reminded him/us that their footy pre-season starts in November [emoji38] he is going to have to make a tough decision soon.
That wouldn't be Harry L by any chance??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby LMA » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:35 pm

Spargo wrote:My in-laws being one of the early bird prize winners in the Hospital home lottery.

I have bought the 3 for $250 in probably 3 of the last 5 draws but still yet to win a damn thing :(
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Jim05 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:19 pm

My department at work are all on contracts that were due to finish up at the end of October and whilst we weren’t in any danger of not being offered a new one we all thought it would be 3 years and with some more stringent conditions. To our surprise last week we received a 5 year extension and although the pay rise wasn’t as high as I wanted we have more opportunity to earn larger bonuses and actually get more time off.
Then I get an email today thanking me and a nice little bonus. End result I just used the bonus to book 10 days in NZ in just over a month
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:03 am

Dutchy wrote:Been feeling pretty flat since Sunday morning when the team I coach got bundled out of the finals and then the news of Spud, however rapt for one of my players who won the Comp's u15 B&F medal last night, cracking kid (all 6'4 of him!). Extremely talented who has been juggling footy and cricket all year, now that footy is over he can finally focus on playing in the Cricket Australia u15 team in the u17 National Championships in October. The Westies U16 coach was at the presentation last night and reminded him/us that their footy pre-season starts in November :lol: he is going to have to make a tough decision soon.

How do you think the lad will go with his footy?

Over the years I have found that a lot of these kids that are 6ft plus in juniors really struggle to make the transition to senior football, or don't fulfil their junior potential.

I have found that being so much bigger than the other juniors is great for playin junior football, their sheer size is intimidating and the junior footballers aren't quite experience enough to work ways around the size. What has happened on many occasions is that it creates really bad habits and these kids struggle as they come up against kids/adults the same size who aren't intimidated of their size.

Is it just me who has theory? I'm sure everyone here played with that massive kid who dominated juniors and was a future star only to never make it.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:45 pm

whufc wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Been feeling pretty flat since Sunday morning when the team I coach got bundled out of the finals and then the news of Spud, however rapt for one of my players who won the Comp's u15 B&F medal last night, cracking kid (all 6'4 of him!). Extremely talented who has been juggling footy and cricket all year, now that footy is over he can finally focus on playing in the Cricket Australia u15 team in the u17 National Championships in October. The Westies U16 coach was at the presentation last night and reminded him/us that their footy pre-season starts in November :lol: he is going to have to make a tough decision soon.

Over the years I have found that a lot of these kids that are 6ft plus in juniors really struggle to make the transition to senior football, or don't fulfil their junior potential.

I have found that being so much bigger than the other juniors is great for playin junior football, their sheer size is intimidating and the junior footballers aren't quite experience enough to work ways around the size. What has happened on many occasions is that it creates really bad habits and these kids struggle as they come up against kids/adults the same size who aren't intimidated of their size.

Is it just me who has theory? I'm sure everyone here played with that massive kid who dominated juniors and was a future star only to never make it.

Agreed, that's why kids should be moved through the grades quicker than their age suggests
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Dutchy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:11 pm

whufc wrote:

Yeah agree, after coaching juniors for 8 years now the most overused term is "look at the size of them". If I have learnt anything size means very little once they get out of under 10's.

This kid has a chance as we suspect he still has some growing to do (his hands are huge). I played him as a tall mid all year as I was lucky to have another kid to ruck. He does use his size to advantage however has a great workrate and also has a beautiful kick and regularly kicked goals from well outside 50m. Played State u15's where he was amongst some other tall kids from Vic and held his own.

His cricket will be interesting, already bowls high 120's and has a great action. Here is a delivery from last summer - https://www.instagram.com/p/BtmLA3ZFu48 ... _copy_link
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:06 pm

A kid on the right field foul ball line at an MLB game caught TWO foul balls in 3 pitches in the same at bat. 2 in 3 pitches!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:20 pm

Listening to Roo and Ditts interviewing my eldest daughter this morning on their show, they stopped in at her work and she donated $1000 on behalf of the Mawson Lakes Hotel.

They have a fair Grand Final Day package, $50 gets you drinks from siren to siren and a gourmet share platter for your table.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby tipper » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:21 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Listening to Roo and Ditts interviewing my eldest daughter this morning on their show, they stopped in at her work and she donated $1000 on behalf of the Mawson Lakes Hotel.

They have a fair Grand Final Day package, $50 gets you drinks from siren to siren and a gourmet share platter for your table.

great work.

i joined in on the walk for a (very) short time in the middle of the day. some friends i know were doing the walk in memory of a little one they lost only 3 weeks ago. to be honest im not sure how they are coping at all. if it was me id still be a wreck, let alone doing a 34 kilometre walk to raise money for sids!
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Corona Man » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:29 pm

A cold Carlton Draught at knock off and a bag of salted cashews.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Grenville » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:33 pm

In Tanunda for the kids ballet concert. Perfect weather, ice cold beers. Tomorrow arvo hit the brewery across the road.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby tipper » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:41 pm

Too early to call tit monday??

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times