2019 1st Semi Final - Crowserves v Norwood

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2019 1st Semi Final - Crowserves v Norwood

Postby JK » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:48 pm

Reddeer wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:
Reddeer wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Walking back to my car having just seen witnessed my last quarter of SANFL football potentially.
**** YOU SANFL AND TRIPODI!
Hopefully Joe is hit by a real bus not just the karma bus

Do you really think that if Joe hadn't rolled over the AFL teams would not have come into the comp for practice anyway. After all the lies that were told even if all the clubs had said no it STILL would have happened That's how shonchy the sanfl is these days

Of course they wouldn't. They would still be blaming their poor afl performances on not having reserves sides.

No it was guaranteed. I was told by a high ranking official before nit had happened when I was complaining bitterly against it. The sanfl were being heavily counselled by the afl that it was to come to pass regardless. And so it did. Would not have matter two hoots if everyone was against it what the afl says goes

I was told the same thing by people that should/would have known, but who knows for sure??

But if some people knew then the clubs should have too and all should have voted No.

I don’t think all our woes today can be blamed on an AFL opponent though, we’ve been shithouse and have been for most of the season.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:50 pm

JK wrote:Bays would wanna win today, this mob won’t be easy to beat next week

Nup, Bays out in straight sets.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby cennals05 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:52 pm

There is a simple solution to all of this, but I doubt the 8 real clubs would have the spine to do it. The Reserves competition is made up of the 8 pure clubs, just play your best 21 in that comp and it will be back to an even playing field.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby am Bays » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:52 pm

Norwood just look insipid (don’t worry i’ve Seen many Glenelg teams like it!)

Not going hard at the footy,
Losing structure
Individuals in self preservation mode -I don’t want f*** up so I won’t go at 100%.
No cohesion
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby JK » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:54 pm

am Bays wrote:Norwood just look insipid (don’t worry i’ve Seen many Glenelg teams like it!)

Losing structure
Individuals in self preservation mode -I don’t want f*** up so I won’t go at 100%.
No cohesion

Basically weak, but you’re spot on mate unfortunately.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:55 pm

No explanation?
to get concessions because your club breached the salary cap, we all know that.
But Norwood have no morals anymore, that was proven when they recruited Glenn, he's still on their list, even after the indiscretion just before the finals last year. Any other side you would think would de-list him.
allegedly.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:56 pm

am Bays wrote:Norwood just look insipid (don’t worry i’ve Seen many Glenelg teams like it!)

Losing structure
No cohesion

That’s Cotton to a tee.
Even the Norwood happy clappers are coming around to the fact that he is a dud and fraud. Absolutely pathetic coach
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Reddeer » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:57 pm

Only saving grace is if Glenelg can get it done. If it turns out to be PA V Crows in GF there will be 50000 afl supporters there but the comp will be non existent as a proper comp anymore (not that it has already occurred)
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby am Bays » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:57 pm

Only think worse than Norwood today is Peter Walsh’s commentary on the digital pass!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:59 pm

Reddeer wrote:Only saving grace is if Glenelg can get it done. If it turns out to be PA V Crows in GF there will be 50000 afl supporters there but the comp will be non existent as a proper comp anymore (not that it has already occurred)

I actually want a Crows v Port GF to happen now. Hopefully that spells the end for the SANFL
Jim05
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:00 pm

Reddeer wrote:Only saving grace is if Glenelg can get it done. If it turns out to be PA V Crows in GF there will be 50000 afl supporters there but the comp will be non existent as a proper comp anymore (not that it has already occurred)

the final nail in the coffin.
The SANFL will then become & resemble that competition I watch now and then in the NT, at night on an obscure TV channel
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby JK » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:03 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:No explanation?
to get concessions because your club breached the salary cap, we all know that.
But Norwood have no morals anymore, that was proven when they recruited Glenn, he's still on their list, even after the indiscretion just before the finals last year. Any other side you would think would de-list him.
allegedly.

Surely the club could man up though and tell it’s members that. As for Glenn, don’t see how his off-field stuff was relevant to us. Plenty of footballers do shit things in life.

The vote bit has always pissed me off, but when it comes to players I only care about what they can bring to the club.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:06 pm

FARCE sanfl FARCE sanfl FARCE sanfl FARCE sanfl FARCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby carey » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:07 pm

Jim05 wrote:

I actually want a Crows v Port GF to happen now. Hopefully that spells the end for the SANFL

At the risk of sounding that a certain flog who posts regularly on here, a Crows v Port grand final crowd would very very interesting and probably speak volumes of the general consensus but would the SANFL take notice anyway?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:10 pm

cennals05 wrote:There is a simple solution to all of this, but I doubt the 8 real clubs would have the spine to do it. The Reserves competition is made up of the 8 pure clubs, just play your best 21 in that comp and it will be back to an even playing field.

Brilliant idea this will benefit our juniors playing against the AFL teams great for the development of our players this is using the same logic of the CROWS .

Yep I am all for it.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:12 pm

carey wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

At the risk of sounding that a certain flog who posts regularly on here, a Crows v Port grand final crowd would very very interesting and probably speak volumes of the general consensus but would the SANFL take notice anyway?

Probably not but the bloke I was sitting next to is a Norwood sponsor who left disgusted at 1/4 Time like myself and said he won’t be renewing his sponsorship or membership next year and knows of other sponsors that may do the same.
The chickens are coming home to roost and hopefully other clubs members/sponsors to likewise and send a message to their clubs
Jim05
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:25 pm

You're all trippin if you don't think a Showdown Grand Final isn't the best thing for the competition. ;)

-The SANFL will get maximum exposure in the local media
-The masses will come and it will be the first SANFL GF sell out of AO since the return to the oval
-it will provide the two AFL clubs with momentum heading into the next season which can only be good for football in SA.
-It will be the first GF of the two SA powerhouse rivals.
-It will motivate the original SANFL to strive for better
-All amateur footballers will want to be a part of the SANFL comp to take on the pros.

Im bloody really excited!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:37 pm

Lol @ Baulderstone
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:40 pm

whufc wrote:You're all trippin if you don't think a Showdown Grand Final isn't the best thing for the competition. ;)

-The masses will come and it will be the first SANFL GF sell out of AO since the return to the oval
-it will provide the two AFL clubs with momentum heading into the next season which can only be good for football in SA.
-All amateur footballers will want to be a part of the SANFL comp to take on the pros.

yay, a wank-fest
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:58 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
whufc wrote:You're all trippin if you don't think a Showdown Grand Final isn't the best thing for the competition. ;)

yay, a wank-fest

Will be funny when all the bandwagoners make it a bigger crowd than a Power home game
Jim05
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL