2019 2nd Semi Final - Glenelg v Powerserves

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2019 2nd Semi Final - Glenelg v Powerserves

Postby LMA » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:04 pm

No doubt. But for us who've only supported one football club ?
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Kahuna » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:08 pm

Jim05 wrote:I’d be very happy if neither team made finals or they were excluded from them even

I'd also be happy if they didn't make it. To exclude them though, would (further) devalue any flag won by a sovereign SANFL club. They're in so you have to beat them. Better they weren't in though.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:08 pm

LMA wrote:No doubt. But for us who've only supported one football club ?

I feel for the genuine Magpie supporters but your club made the decision to move to a bigger and better league which is fair enough
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:21 pm

Jim05 wrote:
JK wrote:
Jim05 wrote:It’s pretty clear the SANFL want the two AFL sides to win so its time to play dirty.
The SANFL clubs need to target the AFL players and continually belt them off the ball and resort to underhanded tactics if need be

Last I saw the Bays lead the frees 26-15, or did you mean player concessions?

12 AFL players maximum rule must be enforced from here on in with no exceptions and tighten the qualifications rules

that's what the SANFL clubs are trying to do as we speak.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:23 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
JK wrote:
Jim05 wrote:It’s pretty clear the SANFL want the two AFL sides to win so its time to play dirty.
The SANFL clubs need to target the AFL players and continually belt them off the ball and resort to underhanded tactics if need be

Last I saw the Bays lead the frees 26-15, or did you mean player concessions?

12 AFL players maximum rule must be enforced from here on in with no exceptions and tighten the qualifications rules

that's what the SANFL clubs are trying to do as we speak.

I heard that there was a meeting before the start of this season where 14 was suggested but it was knocked on the head. Hopefully this forces a rethink
Jim05
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:25 pm

Aiming for 13
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby LMA » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:28 pm

Jim05 wrote:

I feel for the genuine Magpie supporters but your club made the decision to move to a bigger and better league which is fair enough

I don't, most of them chose their VFL club over PAFC. The Power weren't drafted out of Max Basheers pool room. The undeniable fact is Magpies or Power its Port Adelaide Football Club.
LMA
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:34 pm

LMA wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

I don't, most of them chose their VFL club over PAFC. The Power weren't drafted out of Max Basheers pool room. The undeniable fact is Magpies or Power its Port Adelaide Football Club.

Would just be easier to accept that they are the Power reserves and wear their guernsey and adapt everything else like you will have to if an AFL reserves comp ever starts up
Jim05
Coach

Postby Brett » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:42 pm

Its good these 2 new teams are having success early in their history. Hopefully it boosts their support base for years to come.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Dogs64 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:00 pm

LMA wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
LMA wrote:]
LMA wrote:Just last week on here both Port and Adelaide were accused of not trying and not wanting to win. FFS stick to one view, are they trying or are they too good. :oops: :oops:

I’ve always maintained they are too good and wouldn’t care if they were forced to field a team that was beaten by 10 goals every week. They absolutely should not ever be allowed to win a flag

If Port or Adelaide can win a flag than AFL listed players is the least of the SANFL problems. They need to cap the amount payments true amateur footballers are getting to keep quality players at SANFL level. SANFL clubs also need to stop paying reserve players and reward higher payments for the league players. This will ensure that Port or Adelaide will never win a flag, not capping the amount of SANFL standard AFL players playing SANFL.

The SANFL clubs have a tight salary cap so can’t pay much more. Capping the AFL listed players is the easiest way. You take out 5 of your listed players today and replace them with kids or country league jobbers and the result is different. It still wouldn’t have helped us mind you

Of course its different, we don't make finals and get accused of not trying once again. Relatively injury free seasons is the only reason Port and Crows have gone so deep.

Port must regularly have relatively injury free seasons, since their inception they've made three of the last 6 grand finals. As the Port Magpies for the 15 years prior they couldn't make one grand final. Simple, they shouldn't be able to play finals.
Dogs64
Under 16s

Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 177 times

Postby LMA » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:12 pm

Jim05 wrote:
LMA wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Would just be easier to accept that they are the Power reserves and wear their guernsey and adapt everything else like you will have to if an AFL reserves comp ever starts up

Why? I accept that they are PAFC reserves but there's no clash in the SANFL. I would prefer we're called the magpies and wear black and white in both leagues but that aint happening. Just a name, my daughter doesn't lose her heritage once she changes her name after marriage she knows where she came from.

As long as the AFL are investing in AFLW there will be no reserves comp any time soon.
LMA
Coach

Postby LMA » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:16 pm

Brett wrote:Its good these 2 new teams are having success early in their history. Hopefully it boosts their support base for years to come.

What are you still doin here? After Sturt's exit I thought you would of disappeared like the bounce of the ball down a sloped street :lol:
LMA
Coach

Postby am Bays » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:19 pm

Good Game of footy we had our chances but didn’t capitalise on them

No excuse, next game is our focus
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby stan » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:30 pm

What are you talking about buddy, the Crows being in 4000 people to all games.

Don't you listen to Trigg and all the super crows people.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MW » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:32 pm

stan wrote:What are you talking about buddy, the Crows being in 4000 people to all games.

Super salty!
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby LMA » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:38 pm

Reddeer wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
carey wrote:

Bullshit. Check the free kick count in today’s game.

I mean by the qualification rules. The SANFL absolutely want the AFL sides to be successful otherwise it would be capped at 12 AFL players max already.

You only have to look at who is the so called Commission to know how the comp is fcked. Half of them have have little or no experience in football, Either lawyers, hotel owners or used car salesman

Steve Hocking has football experience, how's that workin out?
LMA
Coach

Postby stan » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:41 pm

MW wrote:
stan wrote:What are you talking about buddy, the Crows being in 4000 people to all games.

Super salty!
Very, don't the water is salty.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Doddy » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:45 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Nope the SANFL needs to lift the salary cap and if the clubs cant afford it the AFL should subsidise it. Basically double it to about 700k, and increase of about 300k or 2.4m per year. chicken feed for the AFL to ensure their franchises keep getting talent through the doors.
Either that or I like Cennals idea, all 8 clubs just agree to play their league side in the reserves and vice versa

Top idea from Cennals right there. 8 teams with the same rules,

That's my only real issue with the AFL reserves playing in our comp. Our sides are constrained to paying $400K or so for all players and coach, and it's a league rule for a fair comp. Except for the other 2. Lost count of the times a single player on the opposition is earning more than our whole team. There'd be an uprising if they were allowed to push in the back, or couldn't be caught holding the ball, or got 9 points for a goal. People lost their collective sh1t when North had 19 men for a couple of minutes.

Maybe we should work out the salaries of the lists on matchday, and divide their score by the ratio.

And I still don't understand why either their players or fans look excited when they win. If you come into the game with what you know is an unfair advantage over the other side, where's the glory in that win?
Doddy
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby MW » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:49 pm

Higher salary means higher output? Please
As usual this is only an issue when they are winning
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Doddy » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:56 pm

No, higher salary means you can attract better players to your team. They can still play an ordinary game occasionally, but you're playing in the same division then.
Doddy
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL