Danny Frawley RIP

Talk on the national game

Re: Danny Frawley RIP

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:16 pm

Today just happens to be World Suicide Prevention Day.

You don't need to be an expert to reach out - just a good friend and a great listener!

The 13 main points that Beyond Blue say to look out for are:

Feeling worthless
A sense of hopelessness or no hope for the future
Social isolation or feeling alone
Aggressiveness and irritability
Access to harmful means
Feeling like a burden to others
Dramatic changes in mood and behaviour
Frequently talking about death
A history of suicidal behaviour
Engaging in risky behaviours
Giving things away
Alcohol and drug misuse
Feeling trapped

If seeing any of these signs, need to trust your instincts and take action!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:18 pm

I noticed Fox had put on replay of Open Mike when Bounce was scheduled at 5.30 last night.
Agree Wedgie, gonna be hard to see Bounce, atleast in the coming weeks
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:36 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:It can be seemingly impossible if someone refuses to speak out.

I went through a horrid run of personal tragedies over a 12 month period a few years back, I was having suicidal thoughts yet I lobbed up to work every day, paid myself out about what I was going through so nobody thought to ask me if I was ok, I went from Sunday to Thursday without getting a minutes sleep, just stared at the ceiling wondering what is next in store for me.

I'm a shocker for it, I think that I can tackle any sort of setback and test my inner strength to always come out the other side stronger, I can understand how others think the same.

If you really know someone, I think there are subtle signs though.. although also kind of feel like those who have gone through it tend to see it in others easier too if that makes sense?

You have to pick up on the signs 1st and then 2nd you need to act on them, bloody hard in the current world where no-one seems to stop to take a breath.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:03 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I noticed Fox had put on replay of Open Mike when Bounce was scheduled at 5.30 last night.
Agree Wedgie, gonna be hard to see Bounce, atleast in the coming weeks

They've taken Bounce off the On Demand area too.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:28 pm

I was fascinated with the Fox Footy coverage last night and I was fine till Jon Brown broke down, that was it, I was done, a mess!

The Bounce could cover Gazey leaving but you wonder how the cool calm collected Dunstall could mix as well with anyone else (I know, most of it was hammed up for camera, but still). Anyone taking Danny's position will always be referred to as being in Danny's shadow.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby locky801 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:51 pm

gadj1976 wrote:I was fascinated with the Fox Footy coverage last night and I was fine till Jon Brown broke down, that was it, I was done, a mess!

I struggled to hold it together through the AFL news with Nez but like you once Jonathon Brown broke down i totally lost it as well :(

Fox Footy should be highly congratulated on the way they put everything together so quickly and professionally, would not have been easy for any of them.

Spud would have been proud. RIP
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3647 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby westcoastpanther » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:58 pm

Have just heard former Port Magpie Britt Grocke did it today’s as well ffs
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:04 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:Have just heard former Port Magpie Britt Grocke did it today’s as well ffs

He was a good lad.
Sad news.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby LMA » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:09 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:Have just heard former Port Magpie Britt Grocke did it today’s as well ffs

Shit. I worked with him in my teenage days
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby mots02 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:45 pm

Bloody hell, I spent some time with him on State Country programs... ripping fella
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 854 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby westcoastpanther » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:34 pm

A ripping bloke, EP very upset place right now
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Postby Sharksta » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:16 pm

I’m a survivor. 6 1/2 years down the track. No one had any idea what I was going through at the time - even the psychologist I was seeing. It was the most illogical logical decision fathomable. So distorted had my mindset become. Outwardly I was fully functioning. Internally anxiety and depression and shame at being in an emotionally abuse relationship overwhelmed me.

Often the terms cowardly & selfish are used. I can say that at the time it took all the bravery I could muster & misguidedly thought I was doing the best thing big my family.

Afterwards my life became a chorus of “I wish i knew” & “why didn’t you say anything” type comments. Ironically it opened up a lot of meaningful conversations with family and friends and created a new and lasting depth that can only come with openness and trust.

I spent a couple of weeks in psych hospital, discovered counselling is a lot more effective if you’re honest and vulnerable, & learnt reach out if I was struggling.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I’m grateful everyday that I survived.

Speak up & don’t go it alone. RIP spud. I wish you’d realised how many people loved you & would have been there for you if you could have reached out one more time.
Sharksta
Rookie

Has liked: 476 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby LMA » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:25 pm

Wow, thanks for sharing. Good to know you're doing ok.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby westcoastpanther » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:00 pm

Sharksta everything you said is me, the 13 questions, you don’t want to know the number of ticks I get, but I left my kids and moved away to protect them I think, and this has hit me hard. Britt in particular
westcoastpanther
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:36 pm

Sharksta I’m glad you’re still with us and have/are working through things mate. Thanks for sharing, one of the most powerful and courageous things I’ve read. Be well mate
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Yangebup » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:52 am

I reckon they should stop having the show Bounce now, because that show was Danny Frawley, & it will never be the same without him.

They can create some other show & leave Bounce in memory of Danny.
Yangebup
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:17 pm

Yangebup wrote:I reckon they should stop having the show Bounce now, because that show was Danny Frawley, & it will never be the same without him.

They can create some other show & leave Bounce in memory of Danny.

Yep, doubt they will do Bounce again. See petition sent to AFL with 40,000 signatures to get Golden Fist award to be presented at Brownlows. Cant see that happening, but nice thought.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:33 pm

Just saw Robert Harveys speech at the B&F

I couldn’t get through it, Harvey is still clearly in the shock stage of greiving

Seeing image like that brings a lot perspective of just how valuable your life is to others whether you believe it or feel it.

Shattered for Harvey and co.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:18 pm

Sharksta wrote:I’m a survivor. 6 1/2 years down the track. No one had any idea what I was going through at the time - even the psychologist I was seeing. It was the most illogical logical decision fathomable. So distorted had my mindset become. Outwardly I was fully functioning. Internally anxiety and depression and shame at being in an emotionally abuse relationship overwhelmed me.

Often the terms cowardly & selfish are used. I can say that at the time it took all the bravery I could muster & misguidedly thought I was doing the best thing big my family.

Afterwards my life became a chorus of “I wish i knew” & “why didn’t you say anything” type comments. Ironically it opened up a lot of meaningful conversations with family and friends and created a new and lasting depth that can only come with openness and trust.

I spent a couple of weeks in psych hospital, discovered counselling is a lot more effective if you’re honest and vulnerable, & learnt reach out if I was struggling.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I’m grateful everyday that I survived.

Speak up & don’t go it alone. RIP spud. I wish you’d realised how many people loved you & would have been there for you if you could have reached out one more time.

I was stunned when you told me. But after our mutual friend the words cowardly and selfish certainly weren't used. After our friend I did some reading and came to understand that final decision is only ever made when you have absolutely nothing left, you can't fight any more. So glad you stuck around.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:10 pm

Agree REB

My opinion on the whole cowards act has dramatically changed in the last year and I would never suggest it is that ever again
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL