AFLW - Womens AFL

Talk on the national game

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:57 am

amber_fluid wrote:Cheers.

My original post was more to do with Erin’s dad playing for the Magpies and not the Power. ;)

#oneclub :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:11 am

amber_fluid wrote:Cheers.

My original post was more to do with Erin’s dad playing for the Magpies and not the Power. ;)

Just a few games short of being eligible as F/D for Collingwood [emoji3]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Brodlach » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:54 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Rucci said yesterday that Port would be the last AFL club to get a women’s team

Well that is final then hey?

He is in the know. Was about them concentrating on China first
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:10 am

amber_fluid wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Port being the last to get a license could work in their favour - the amazing start and success the Crows have achieved in the opening 3 years has young girls and ladies everywhere feeling more comfortable and willing to have a crack.

By the time Port get a license, SA should have enough home grown talent developed and coming through the ranks to be able to support two sides with success.

They’ll have a draft system in place by then.

They have a draft now.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:34 am

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Port being the last to get a license could work in their favour - the amazing start and success the Crows have achieved in the opening 3 years has young girls and ladies everywhere feeling more comfortable and willing to have a crack.

By the time Port get a license, SA should have enough home grown talent developed and coming through the ranks to be able to support two sides with success.

They’ll have a draft system in place by then.

They have a draft now.

Yeah but it’s not like the men’s.
They’ll introduce the same as the AFL.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:42 am

amber_fluid wrote:They’ll introduce the same as the AFL.

Hard to see that happening for a semi-professional sport.. they're only really part time athletes still.

Didn't one of the Crows women return to the Crows after being drafted because she ran out of A/L?

Can't imagine employers being keen on their staff disappearing interstate for a quarter of the year.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:47 am

The Bedge wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:They’ll introduce the same as the AFL.

Hard to see that happening for a semi-professional sport.. they're only really part time athletes still.

Didn't one of the Crows women return to the Crows after being drafted because she ran out of A/L?

Can't imagine employers being keen on their staff disappearing interstate for a quarter of the year.

The irony was she returned from Carlton to play against them and win a premiership.

The AFL are chucking that much money at it, it wouldn’t surprise me to see them being full time within a year or two.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:24 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:The next PAFC womens team will come out of SMOSH, all the Port Adelaide folk with their heads screwed on correctly have gone out there and they will end up being a feeder club for Port once they get the go ahead for AFLW.

Is this a sure thing? Because most of the former Port Adelaide girls squad and the coach are now at North Haven after merging.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:32 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The next PAFC womens team will come out of SMOSH, all the Port Adelaide folk with their heads screwed on correctly have gone out there and they will end up being a feeder club for Port once they get the go ahead for AFLW.

Is this a sure thing? Because most of the former Port Adelaide girls squad and the coach are now at North Haven after merging.

Just judging by the names out there, and the support staff at SMOSH.

My daughter played against North Haven last weekend in her first senior game, she copped a fair bit, probably doesn't help looking about 5 years older than she is.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:30 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
LMA wrote:Reckon Phillips will retire and make a comeback in 2022 for her beloved PAFC

Don’t the Magpies have a team already playing locally?

We've put our hat in the ring for the next round of AFLW licences. Gold Coast, Richmond, St Kilda, West Coast come in in 2020 making it 14 teams.

Essendon, Hawthorn, Port and Sydney will be the only clubs without an AFLW side at that time.

Port did have a womens team that played in the SAWFL but due to Port not supporting the team (couldnt even play at Alberton) the club had to merge with Nth Haven. Funny thing is when the club was the major sponsor they said PAWFC couldnt get their own sponsors had to use the PAFC sponsors so when they tell the club in February they are no longer supporting them the club couldnt get any sponsors and had no money.

Shane Grimm has alot to answer for the treatment of the womens side. Absolute disgrace. when they were advised of an article that was going to be released he quickly gave the club 5k.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:36 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:

The only reason they went out there is because they want to play Div 1 not about being a feeder club to Port. Yes the reserves side will be mostly Aboriginal U18 girls (Bron Davey Aaron and Alwyn sisters kids are there) but that is the reason. From what I have been told only 3 players can be transferred to the club so they all cant go pay at SMOSH. Also not many of those girls will play AFLW. They think they are of a Div 1 standard but TBH they werent up to it
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:38 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
LMA wrote:Reckon Phillips will retire and make a comeback in 2022 for her beloved PAFC

Don’t the Magpies have a team already playing locally?

We've put our hat in the ring for the next round of AFLW licences. Gold Coast, Richmond, St Kilda, West Coast come in in 2020 making it 14 teams.

Essendon, Hawthorn, Port and Sydney will be the only clubs without an AFLW side at that time.

Port did have a womens team that played in the SAWFL but due to Port not supporting the team (couldnt even play at Alberton) the club had to merge with Nth Haven. Funny thing is when the club was the major sponsor they said PAWFC couldnt get their own sponsors had to use the PAFC sponsors so when they tell the club in February they are no longer supporting them the club couldnt get any sponsors and had no money.

Shane Grimm has alot to answer for the treatment of the womens side. Absolute disgrace. when they were advised of an article that was going to be released he quickly gave the club 5k.

#oneclub

When it suits them!
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby beef » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:15 pm

Can someone please inform me why Tayla Harris has a bronze statue? Because she was picked on by trolls? Going to be a lot of statues in the future if that is the case. Can't be for football ability or only Erin Phillips would get one. Serious question before i get told i'm stuck in the dark ages.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:26 pm

beef wrote:Can someone please inform me why Tayla Harris has a bronze statue? Because she was picked on by trolls? Going to be a lot of statues in the future if that is the case. Can't be for football ability or only Erin Phillips would get one. Serious question before i get told i'm stuck in the dark ages.

Yeah a bit ridiculous.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby MW » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:28 pm

The Fed square one is only there for September. The permanent one is yet to be located.
Not sure what the big deal is. It's an iconic action shot that got everyone talking. Bit like Winmar lifting the jumper. I have no problem with them doing this.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:44 pm

MW wrote:The Fed square one is only there for September. The permanent one is yet to be located.
Not sure what the big deal is. It's an iconic action shot that got everyone talking. Bit like Winmar lifting the jumper. I have no problem with them doing this.

Of course you don't,
Its a piss take surely. May as well put one up of Falau or Hunt, they did as much for the promotion of the game but did have more ability
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:40 am

beef wrote:Can someone please inform me why Tayla Harris has a bronze statue? Because she was picked on by trolls? Going to be a lot of statues in the future if that is the case. Can't be for football ability or only Erin Phillips would get one. Serious question before i get told i'm stuck in the dark ages.

I didn't follow the story very closely but the small bits I did see it seemed a bit of an iconic moment where pretty much all of Australia stood up for womens sports and said 'enough enough, they deserve to play'

TBH im not sure why people get so riled up about stuff like this, I cant believe there is statues of pigs in our mall WTF but im not losing any sleep thinking **** it should have been horses they have done heaps more for us than ******* pigs.
Last edited by whufc on Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby LMA » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:36 am

whufc wrote:

It didn't follow the story very closely but the small bits I did see it seemed a bit of an iconic moment where pretty much all of Australia stood up for womens sports and said 'enough enough, they deserve to play'

TBH im not sure why people get so riled up about stuff like this, I cant believe there is statues of pigs in our mall WTF but im not losing any sleep thinking **** it should have been horses they have done heaps more for us than ******* pigs.

Pigs Arse! Pigs are the core of the Sunday morning breakfast.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby MW » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:49 am

daysofourlives wrote:
MW wrote:The Fed square one is only there for September. The permanent one is yet to be located.

Of course you don't,
Its a piss take surely. May as well put one up of Falau or Hunt, they did as much for the promotion of the game but did have more ability

Of course I don't? WTF is that supposed to mean.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:50 am

I don't care, either.

If you care, or it upsets you, it's more about you than it is the statue.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL