Geelong v West Coast

Talk on the national game

Re: Geelong v West Coast

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:47 am

daysofourlives wrote:We might have more entries in the Top 10 but I believe you are head and shoulders above everyone with the t-shirt you wore

Not sure anything was worse than the diamond thing Hawthorn wore but this one in particular was very shitful.
Geelong-PS-2017.gif
Geelong-PS-2017.gif (17.26 KiB) Viewed 1465 times
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Bandit » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:00 am

I like to rag on hawks guernseys as much as anyone but wow that t shirt idea was shite.

I reckon cats can get up on friday, perhaps a bit like 2017.

Is there some stat about blowout finals since the pre finals bye round came in? Seems like ages since a decent/close final (barring last yr GF)
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:07 am

Booney wrote:Geelong $2.10
Eagles $1.75

Geelong $2.02
WCE $1.80
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:35 am

Booney wrote:
Booney wrote:Geelong $2.10
Eagles $1.75

Geelong $2.02
WCE $1.80

We're certainties Booney. We'll pump the Eagles and then get our arses kicked by Richmond next week. Nothing more certain.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby hollywood7477 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:06 pm

Again this week im very nervous. Last week i thought if Essendon started well and we allowed Saad to get away and play through the corridor we could be in abit of strife. But we were very impressive and Nic Nat was a beast. JK geting back into some form also helps. that week off did wonders for his 30 year old body.

Enter Geelong. Good sides respond. I cant see Geelong playing 2 poor 1st qtrs in a row. they will be up and about. their last 10 weeks have been win loss so im expecting a huge response from them.

You would expect Sheppard or Nelson to go to Ablett. he torched us last time we played them. I would expect Hutchings to go to Kelly. Danger will butcher the ball. Geelong not having Duncan hurts them and Rohan will likely miss. Along with Hawkins who will kick Geelongs goals???

NicNat is going to be huge this week again. if we can get that assendancy in the midfield like last week we should win but Geelong pantsed us and also Richmond early in the year so it would not surprise me at all if we done. but i expect an Eagles victory.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:12 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:Along with Hawkins who will kick Geelongs goals???

Geelong, kicking goals, lol.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:20 pm

Booney wrote:

? Geelong was 2nd highest scorer during the H&A season.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:31 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Booney wrote:

? Geelong was 2nd highest scorer during the H&A season.

Dried up though after the bye, 7,12,8,16*9, 9,10,19* and 9 the last 9 games

Vs *Sydney and *Carlton.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:54 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:Again this week im very nervous. Last week i thought if Essendon started well and we allowed Saad to get away and play through the corridor we could be in abit of strife. But we were very impressive and Nic Nat was a beast. JK geting back into some form also helps. that week off did wonders for his 30 year old body.

Enter Geelong. Good sides respond. I cant see Geelong playing 2 poor 1st qtrs in a row. they will be up and about. their last 10 weeks have been win loss so im expecting a huge response from them.

You would expect Sheppard or Nelson to go to Ablett. he torched us last time we played them. I would expect Hutchings to go to Kelly. Danger will butcher the ball. Geelong not having Duncan hurts them and Rohan will likely miss. Along with Hawkins who will kick Geelongs goals???

NicNat is going to be huge this week again. if we can get that assendancy in the midfield like last week we should win but Geelong pantsed us and also Richmond early in the year so it would not surprise me at all if we done. but i expect an Eagles victory.

You have nothing to worry about. Only slight comncern is Nic Nat being 2nd up, usually a down turn but it shouldnt matter against the Cats. Think youll pull Richmonds pants down too, reckon you have been a side this year that needs to be challenged. You will certainly get that and you will lift for it
#backtoback
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:10 am

Booney wrote:

Exactly. People loving picking on Hawkins, they always have, but you try kicking a goal with Scott's game plan. It's diabolical. We 'move' the ball so slowly your coffee goes cold before it gets to inside 50, and that's if it gets there at all. We could have John Coleman, Tony Lockett and Gordon Coventry down there and we'd still struggle to kick a decent score. Meanwhile as we lose the contest the ball flips out the back and the opposition has all the space in the world to kick easy goals. This shit does not win finals. I've never been less enthuised by a finals series in my whole life. Scott has burnt careers and this year we have finished top but even the most optimistic Cat would have been reluctant to put any coin on us for the flag. The sooner Scott gets out of club the better.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:12 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:We might have more entries in the Top 10 but I believe you are head and shoulders above everyone with the t-shirt you wore

Not sure anything was worse than the diamond thing Hawthorn wore but this one in particular was very shitful.
Geelong-PS-2017.gif

I think the G stands for 'Gee why are we wearing this?'.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:45 am

Geelong are going to romp this in.
Semi final weekend has this magical power to make people think just because a top 4 side loses first week of the finals they are shit all of a sudden.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:51 am

MW wrote:Geelong are going to romp this in.
Semi final weekend has this magical power to make people think just because a top 4 side loses first week of the finals they are shit all of a sudden.

West Coast will bitch-slap us. Scott has no clue. We will probably drop Dangerfield because it's windy and he will miss too many targets.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:55 am

Pre pre-finals bye the loser of the qualifying finals was almost assured of winning week 2, not so much anymore.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:56 am

Rik E Boy wrote:

West Coast will bitch-slap us. Scott has no clue. We will probably drop Dangerfield because it's windy and he will miss too many targets.

regards,

REB

I don't know about that mate, McGovern, Barrass, Shepperd, Hurn all hate it when they have time to set up behind the ball.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:53 pm

Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

I don't know about that mate, McGovern, Barrass, Shepperd, Hurn all hate it when they have time to set up behind the ball.

Ugh! ******* Scott. Before the bye it had looked like Geelong had analysed their weaknesses and strengths and had come up with a plan that appeared to work. We had a tough early draw and at 6-1 I was looking forward to the finals. I think it turned during the first quarter against Richmond before the bye. The Tigers put a heap of pressure on and it looked like 2018 all over again. The Tigers were severely undermanned and Geelong ended up having a pretty good win.

Then along comes the bye and we lose for the 19th time in 12 attempts. We learnt NOTHING. And it's just so common in the Scott era. There's just too much arrogance and ego involved to admit he and us might have gotten something wrong. We play our best defender in the ruck, we play a promising mid in the reserves week after week so we can give known failures like Scooter Selwood a game and we destroy whatever confidence our Ruckman might of had by dropping him and preventing him from stringing matches together. I don't expect a gold pass for Stanley but back him in FFS.

Along comes the final and it's the EXACT same shit we've been watching for eight years. We haven't been winning finals due to injured ruckman so Scott DROPS THE RUCKMAN. Ok Stanley isn't Grundy but he does have a reasonable record against him. I'm still fuming a week later over that call. At the start of the year I thought 'maybe I have been harsh on Scott' but sadly he has proven me right and he can FRO.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:15 pm

I did enjoy Stanley saying he was told of being dropped 2hrs before the match, not when Scott was trying to say.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:24 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I did enjoy Stanley saying he was told of being dropped 2hrs before the match, not when Scott was trying to say.

Stanley said he was told at the last training session.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:46 pm

Willie Rioli apparently tested positive for a banned substance and has been withdrawn from tomorrow nights game.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:47 pm

Jim05 wrote:Willie Rioli apparently tested positive for a banned substance and has been withdrawn from tomorrow nights game.

Illegal substance.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL