Eagles announce Jade Sheedy as coach

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Eagles announce Jade Sheedy as coach

Postby EaglesFan18 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:07 pm

The Woodville West Torrens Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Jade Sheedy as our Senior Coach for the next three seasons.

Jade, 39 years, was one of the foremost SANFL footballers, of the 2000’s. He made his senior SANFL debut in 2000 with the Sturt Football Club, and subsequently achieved virtually everything in the game, including the 2002 Magarey Medal, best and fairest awards in 2004, 2006 and 2008, participation in Sturt’s 2002 Grand Final triumph and captaincy of both club and SANFL state team. He called time on his SANFL career at the end of the 2012 season. In 2015 Jade assumed the role as Senior Coach for the Athelstone Football Club and developed a strong program, culminating in this year winning the Division 2 premiership.

Club CEO, Luke Powell said “We are thrilled to appoint Jade as our Senior Coach for season 2020 and onwards, Jade has gained great experience in running a successful program at Athelstone Football Club and excelled in all the criteria’s we were looking for. Jade is a highly respected person in SA football who has a great knowledge of the game and is passionate about SANFL football. The Club welcomes Jade and his family and look forward to him excelling with our playing group.

On his appointment Jade said “I am extremely honoured to be given the opportunity to coach such a great Club with such a strong and successful history. I truly believe the Club has strong foundations in place and a resilient playing list which will continue to strive for success. I am excited to become part of the WWTFC and I am looking forward to building strong relationships with all involved.”

Please join us in congratulating and welcoming Jade, Wife Kelly and children Ava, Will and Max to the Eagles family and we wish them all the success in Jade’s new role as our Senior Coach.
EaglesFan18
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Woodville South

Re: Eagles announce Jade Sheedy as coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:43 pm

Took 10 days and in that period Jade coached a premiership, Id guess this was stitched up a while ago.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:37 pm

Welcome to the club Jade

Given he has not come from the AFL system I expect he will bring a fairly straightfoward coaching style that players will find fairly easy to adapt to. He seemed to be widely respected as a player so hopefully this translates to how he is viewed by the players.

Your first two priorities are to recruit us a midfielder with some speed and to get us a tall forward who can kick straight!!!!!
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby JK » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:11 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:Your first two priorities are to recruit us a midfielder with some speed and to get us a tall forward who can kick straight!!!!!

Every club in the comp (bar Glenelg) would be after the same thing
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby holden78 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:14 am

Hopefully now we’ve had the best talker, we end up with the best man for the task, which will require considerable
recruiting, man management and football strategy.
Sheedy shouldn’t have much trouble reinvigorating a playing group that was confused, uninterested and at times lacking basic
skills.
If Luke Powell can get some quality key forwards into the club :oops: Sheedy will have a reasonable chance to have the Eagles
in the five again.
Being runner up last year may be all the motivation Sheedy needs, fingers crossed.
Last time we had a Sturt player coach us worked out great , Bruce Winter 93 :D
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby Brett » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:10 pm

I think most people could have coached that side considering the incentives to merge , with all due respects .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby whybother » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:54 pm

Please refresh my fading memory. What exactly were the incentives? And didn't Balme set the early foundations?
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby Brett » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:56 pm

Massive zone changes . Do you think those two clubs at that point could be dominant ? Great coach Balme but dont think they never had a leg up. Of course they did.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby RB » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:28 pm

Not sure what leg-up they had. The West Torrens zone was halved when Woodville came in, then the two halves were merged again in 1990.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Half Back Flanker » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:58 am

I’m hearing Sheedy has come in and got the big broom out. Massive changes at Oval Ave already.
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Board index   Football  SANFL