Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:40 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
LMA wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Great post, congrats Valleys, enjoy it!!

Another couple of GF's and Valleys can reacquaint themselves with the lights in North Havens changerooms ;) ;)

Ha, I took my daughter for a driving lesson on Sunday out to Outer Harbour and thought of that as we passed the footy club.

Port Road, Victoria Road, Lady Gowrie Drive, Esplanade, Bower Road, Grand Junction, home. Two kids, 100+ hours.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:47 pm

Happy for you and your family Jase, hope she recovers well

JK :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:04 pm

Booney wrote:
Port Road, Victoria Road, Lady Gowrie Drive, Esplanade, Bower Road, Grand Junction, home. Two kids, 100+ hours.

Pretty much, with a trip through to Prospect somewhere in there too, I wanted to have a look at the naval ships but couldn't get close enough, used them back roads for 3 point turn practice etc.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Jase » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:10 pm

JK wrote:
Jase wrote:Getting a phone call from the surgeon to say Mrs Jase's operation had been successful and everything went really well.

Now for 3 weeks of recuperating in hospital and home...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Great news mate!!

I came in to rate Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tim Tams, but somehow it pales wellllllllllllll in significance to your news. Hope the recovery goes well for Mrs J bud
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tim Tams would, in my humble opinion, be pretty much on par with my news...

:)

Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:16 pm

Jase wrote:Getting a phone call from the surgeon to say Mrs Jase's operation had been successful and everything went really well.

Now for 3 weeks of recuperating in hospital and home...

Best wishes.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:58 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Visiting Lord's today, an absolute boyhood dream to get the opportunity to visit the home of cricket. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love the game, the stats and the history of cricket. An hour and half tour does not do it justice but wow it was amazing to see the ground, the longroom, the dressing rooms and the honor boards. Was nice to talk cricket with a few of the other people on the tour from around the world and the tour guide was impressed with my cricket knowledge after answering his questions aswell as asking him alot too. My missus referred to me as the annoying kid in school that keeps asking questions haha.

Even saw Warnie drive past our tour group as he was coming into the ground and gave us a wave as we shouted out as he drove past.

How tiny is that Visitor's Rooms balcony.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Grenville » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:59 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Visiting Lord's today, an absolute boyhood dream to get the opportunity to visit the home of cricket. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love the game, the stats and the history of cricket. An hour and half tour does not do it justice but wow it was amazing to see the ground, the longroom, the dressing rooms and the honor boards. Was nice to talk cricket with a few of the other people on the tour from around the world and the tour guide was impressed with my cricket knowledge after answering his questions aswell as asking him alot too. My missus referred to me as the annoying kid in school that keeps asking questions haha.

Even saw Warnie drive past our tour group as he was coming into the ground and gave us a wave as we shouted out as he drove past.

Enjoy mate. One of the best tours I’ve ever done. Amazing

Warnie was just acknowledging cricketing royalty TDK.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:27 pm

Dutchy wrote:

How tiny is that Visitor's Rooms balcony.
Honestly not as small as I percieved it to be.

One small thing that I was interested in was the condition of the longroom floor. Obviously the players access the ground walking through it and with them walking on it in their spikes I always wondered if they damaged the floor but surprisingly no, they don't. The floor is like a hard rubber and it looked like there was no damage or wear and tear as the spikes mustn't penetrate into the floor.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:30 pm

Brodlach wrote:

That’s awesome!

Could imagine you being like a kid in a candy store, big smile and touching everything
Hahaha, I was in my element. The museum is full of memorabilia to look at and read including the original Ashes Urn.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:33 pm

Friday night knock offs at 4.00pm at the end of a bloody long week.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby heater31 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:33 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

That’s awesome!

Could imagine you being like a kid in a candy store, big smile and touching everything
Hahaha, I was in my element. The museum is full of memorabilia to look at and read including the original Ashes Urn.
Read the other day the real urn is holidaying in Australia soon.....You could have offered to bring it back for them TDK!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:38 pm

heater31 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

That’s awesome!

Read the other day the real urn is holidaying in Australia soon.....You could have offered to bring it back for them TDK!

Haha I did actually joke about that, by the way the tour guide was talking I don't think the English are too fond of the idea that the urn is coming to tour Australia.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby LMA » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:58 pm

That's because it might get mixed up with a Coles mini
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Grenville » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:30 pm

Finished work for 2 weeks. Leave for Port Douglas with the family for 9 nights on Tuesday morning. Had a few whiskies, plan to watch the Bays win the flag Sunday. Life could be worse.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:46 pm

Grenville wrote:Finished work for 2 weeks. Leave for Port Douglas with the family for 9 nights on Tuesday morning. Had a few whiskies, plan to watch the Bays win the flag Sunday. Life could be worse.

Lucky bugger, keep an eye/ear out for Justin, the biggest North Adelaide and Hawthorn fan in Port Douglas
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby LMA » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:31 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Grenville wrote:Finished work for 2 weeks. Leave for Port Douglas with the family for 9 nights on Tuesday morning. Had a few whiskies, plan to watch the Bays win the flag Sunday. Life could be worse.

Lucky bugger, keep an eye/ear out for Justin, the biggest North Adelaide and Hawthorn fan in Port Douglas

So the bloke doing the most gardening on the weekend :D
LMA
Coach

Postby whufc » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:04 pm

Rugby Union World Cup

Fijians players crying during the anthem, so much passion

Big hits, tough contest, video refs that compliment the game not ruin it, a genuine fair tournament not manipulated with fake rules made on the run like other comps.

This is what sport should be! Take note AFL, FIFA, ICC
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby LMA » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:26 pm

whufc wrote:Rugby Union World Cup

Big hits, tough contest, video refs that compliment the game not ruin it, a genuine fair tournament not manipulated with fake rules made on the run like other comps.

Last time I watched international RU it was riddled with penalties. The score was something like 27-21 and I think there was only one try scored. Has this changed?
LMA
Coach

Postby whufc » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:39 pm

LMA wrote:
whufc wrote:Rugby Union World Cup

Last time I watched international RU it was riddled with penalties. The score was something like 27-21 and I think there was only one try scored. Has this changed?

Yeah super rugby introduced the bonus point system for scoring tries which saw that comp really open up, that has fed through to international rugby.

In saying that the beauty to rugby is watching different styles and how the game evolves a bit like a good boxing fight.

The old Johnny Wilkinson English team wouldn’t survive in this day and age with the athleticism of the modern day forwards.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:56 pm

Disneyland Paris is awesome!
And their WiFi here is awesome as I can browse the net to entertain myself while waiting in line for rides.
The Dark Knight
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion