Glenelg V Port Grand Final

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:25 pm

Wedgie wrote:you don't think Graham Cornes and Peter Carey were at Adelaide Oval in 1973?
From memory they had a pretty good view of the game!
I'm sure there was a few people there over 50 too.
Back to the amateurs forum for you!

Yeah try again, pretty sure they didn't beat Port in 1973 (but then I probably didn't specifiy that either :lol: )
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:28 pm

The Magpies have lost their last 8 GF's at the Adelaide Oval.
Why oh why did we build Footy Park
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby whybother » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:37 pm

I guess most of the Bays GF players will be there next year. I wonder after the AFL draft churn how many "magpies" will front up?
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:40 pm

Well after a boring first decade this century the last few years of this decade has been fun and interesting with 5 clubs winning the last 6 flags, 3 of them after huge droughts. Imagine how cool it would be if we could have North, Glenelg, Sturt and Norwood all in the top 4, crowds would be through the roof!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2022 times
Been liked: 3866 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Wolf Pack » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:43 pm

Well done to the Bays!!
Port were really weak today.
No will and no want.
Most of their players were happy to just cruise around without attacking the contest.
A far cry from the real Magpie teams of the 80s and early 90s!!
Let’s hope that our comp goes back to 8 teams sooner rather than later.
Wolf Pack
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Grenville » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:44 pm

Wedgie wrote:Well after a boring first decade this century the last few years of this decade has been fun and interesting with 5 clubs winning the last 6 flags, 3 of them after huge droughts. Imagine how cool it would be if we could have North, Glenelg, Sturt and Norwood all in the top 4, crowds would be through the roof!

Boring, I think not Mr.Wedgie.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Grenville » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:46 pm

Well done Bays, best team all year by far. Spargo, Pat, Dutchy and the rest of you Bay lads have a good night.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:47 pm

Grenville wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Well after a boring first decade this century the last few years of this decade has been fun and interesting with 5 clubs winning the last 6 flags, 3 of them after huge droughts. Imagine how cool it would be if we could have North, Glenelg, Sturt and Norwood all in the top 4, crowds would be through the roof!

I was about to say the same.
Nothing boring about winning every year is there mate.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:49 pm

Grenville wrote:

Boring for 90% of the comp because the Dogs were just so good and you knew who was going to win the comp at the start of the season. As Wedgie said, it’s now being shared around a bit which is good for everybody. Would be nice if South could come to the party now
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Brett » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:51 pm

Couldnt agree more ! I have said this for years .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby saintal » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:52 pm

Well done Bays, well deserved. To the regular posters on here- enjoy it!

Now I've seen every SANFL club win a flag bar one. #-o
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:53 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Grenville wrote:

Boring for 90% of the comp because the Dogs were just so good and you knew who was going to win the comp at the start of the season. As Wedgie said, it’s now being shared around a bit which is good for everybody. Would be nice if South could come to the party now

Exactly, ironically I used to go to games every round those days as opposed to 3 or 4 a season these days despite living closer to most ovals but that's as a result of the AFL clubs joining the SANFL.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2022 times
Been liked: 3866 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Brett » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:55 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:The Magpies have lost their last 8 GF's at the Adelaide Oval.
Why oh why did we build Footy Park

We all know why .Back in financial trouble again . Ironical hey .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Grenville » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:55 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Grenville wrote:

Yeah I know Jim, from anyone but our mob's perspective that's a fair call. But after copping all the "show us your premierships" crap for years I never got bored or tired of winning flags. It gets more addictive if anything. It stunned me when I heard some Dogs 'supporters' say otherwise.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby LMA » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:56 pm

Glenelg 2019*

*AFL reserves didn't try doesn't count :lol

Poor form for all you **** who underestimated your sides and severley overated "so called professionalism" stop your **** whingeing you almighty sooks. Your sides stack up, moreso in finals. Well done Glenelg by far the better side today and all season. Men v Boys today :lol:
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby FlyingHigh » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:59 pm

Whether it is one team dominating, all being shared around like now, it all goes down as making the rich history of our game.
While the Eagles were so often on the wrong end of it, I'll always defend Centrals and the SANFL rules which allow it rather than the equalisation the AFL strives for.

But it is interesting as to why now we ahve had seven different premiers in the decade. Is it because of the reduced exposure of the SANFL it is harder to retain players for the fullness of what they could give a career?
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:02 pm

Subiaco just missed out on winning the GF by 100. Their 96 point winning margin over South Fremantle was the second largest winning margin in a WAFL GF
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:04 pm

LMA wrote:Glenelg 2019*

Poor form for all you **** who underestimated your sides and severley overated "so called professionalism" stop your **** whingeing you almighty sooks. Your sides stack up, moreso in finals. Well done Glenelg by far the better side today and all season. Men v A bunch of guys who couldn’t give a **** about winning today :lol:

;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Brett » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:09 pm

It wont be Ports fault . Kochie will be devastated . It meant so much . Probably at home sooking and not with the few hundred at the wake. Interesting fact that todays crowd was about 6000 more than the Power Franchise of 33000. Well done to the Glenelg supporters .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby LMA » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:27 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
LMA wrote:Glenelg 2019*

Poor form for all you **** who underestimated your sides and severley overated "so called professionalism" stop your **** whingeing you almighty sooks. Your sides stack up, moreso in finals. Well done Glenelg by far the better side today and all season. Men v A bunch of guys who couldn’t give a **** about winning today :lol:

;)

Don't Amber :lol:
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL