2019 AFL Grand Final - Richmond v GWS

Talk on the national game

Re: 2019 AFL Grand Final - Richmond v GWS

Postby David Brent » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:36 am

Bloody love footy.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:00 am

Booney wrote:
locky801 wrote:The 64 dollar question being if GWS are well down in the last 1/4 what will the big Mummy do :D

I detest the way he goes about his football more than any player in recent memory. He takes the opportunity belt, bump, fall onto, niggle, elbow, knee and throttle anyone he gets close enough to do so.

I wouldn't mind seeing GWS win it, if he wasn't playing for them that is.

Anyone else see the massive irony in Booneys comments
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby DOC » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:13 am

Sure do.

As a member of the grammar and spelling police he neglected to use the word "to" prior to the word belt.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:14 am

DOC wrote:Sure do.

As a member of the grammar and spelling police he neglected to use the word "to" prior to the word belt.

Shit. My most humble of.....bit dusty this morning.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:04 pm

I reckon Richmond will be spewing Collingwood didn't win. GWS are more unpredictable and have more genuine matchwinners. I reckon Toby will have a massive game against the Tigers, he is a unique and special football talent, I've always been a fan of his. I still think Richmond will get it done but I reckon it will be better game without the more predictable Geelong or Collingwood in it.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:07 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:I reckon Richmond will be spewing Collingwood didn't win. GWS are more unpredictable and have more genuine matchwinners. I reckon Toby will have a massive game against the Tigers, he is a unique and special football talent, I've always been a fan of his. I still think Richmond will get it done but I reckon it will be better game without the more predictable Geelong or Collingwood in it.

regards,

REB

I absolutely agree.

GWS play back half footy when they need to ( last 1/4 against Brisbane with Haynes and Davis superb ) and front half footy when they have the ball ( 3rd quarter against Collingwood with Cameron and Finlayson excellent ).

Greene and Whitfield to come in, two unlucky blokes to miss out.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:08 pm

Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:I reckon Richmond will be spewing Collingwood didn't win. GWS are more unpredictable and have more genuine matchwinners. I reckon Toby will have a massive game against the Tigers, he is a unique and special football talent, I've always been a fan of his. I still think Richmond will get it done but I reckon it will be better game without the more predictable Geelong or Collingwood in it.

regards,

REB

I absolutely agree.

GWS play back half footy when they need to ( last 1/4 against Brisbane with Haynes and Davis superb ) and front half footy when they have the ball ( 3rd quarter against Collingwood with Cameron and Finlayson excellent ).

And Coniglio
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:13 pm

I don't think they'll risk him after being out for 7 weeks, he last played in round 17, that's a long time ago.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:32 pm

Booney wrote:I don't think they'll risk him after being out for 7 weeks, he last played in round 17, that's a long time ago.

Yep no Conigs I reckon. Can't have a guy go down in the first half against the Tigers. It's hard enough with 22.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby carey » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:46 pm

In- Green and Whitfield
Out- Hill and Keefe
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby JK » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:50 pm

regards,

REB

I think Richmond would beat either Collingwood or GWS, but the Giants win has definitely changed the dynamics. Collingwood being there would have removed the Richmond crowd advantage, which imho now comes hugely into play.

Will be interesting to see how GWS go at selection - You'd think they'll pick Davis and Whitfield, but will both be right to get through unscathed?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:53 pm

carey wrote:In- Green and Whitfield
Out- Hill and Keefe

Keeffe was pretty good without having much of the ball, they might hold onto him so Haynes and Davis can drop in front of Lynch and Riewoldt.

Hill and an unlucky Lloyd out for mine.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:57 pm

Booney wrote:I don't think they'll risk him after being out for 7 weeks, he last played in round 17, that's a long time ago.

He was ready this week but they wanted to give him another week.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:05 pm

Booney wrote:

regards,

REB

I absolutely agree.

One unlucky bloke to miss out - don't think Bobby Hill will be expecting to play after his game on Saturday!'
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby LMA » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:03 pm

JK wrote:

regards,

REB

I think Richmond would beat either Collingwood or GWS, but the Giants win has definitely changed the dynamics. Collingwood being there would have removed the Richmond crowd advantage, which imho now comes hugely into play.

Will be interesting to see how GWS go at selection - You'd think they'll pick Davis and Whitfield, but will both be right to get through unscathed?

Knowing nothing about having an appendix removed, is it just the external stitching that would be the concern or is there some internal recovery needed?
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:10 pm

LMA wrote:
JK wrote:

regards,

REB

Knowing nothing about having an appendix removed, is it just the external stitching that would be the concern or is there some internal recovery needed?

Just keyhole now I think, I'd imagine he'd be right to go.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:12 pm

I have NFI on that one LMA, so I usually look to Booney for advice in such moments and am happy to run with his expert analysis.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:38 pm

JK wrote:

regards,

REB

I reckon the crowd advantage is not a factor. How is it different to any other GWS game interstate? Still on the Tigs though.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:40 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
JK wrote:

regards,

REB

I reckon the crowd advantage is not a factor. How is it different to any other GWS game interstate? Still on the Tigs though.

regards,

REB

And historically how have they fared in Victoria against one of the better teams?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:42 pm

Historically, crap but at last start they went ok. I don't think it will impact come Saturday.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL