2019 AFL Grand Final - Richmond v GWS

Talk on the national game

Re: 2019 AFL Grand Final - Richmond v GWS

Postby DOC » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:49 pm

Booney wrote:
LMA wrote:
JK wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:I reckon Richmond will be spewing Collingwood didn't win. GWS are more unpredictable and have more genuine matchwinners. I reckon Toby will have a massive game against the Tigers, he is a unique and special football talent, I've always been a fan of his. I still think Richmond will get it done but I reckon it will be better game without the more predictable Geelong or Collingwood in it.

regards,

REB

I think Richmond would beat either Collingwood or GWS, but the Giants win has definitely changed the dynamics. Collingwood being there would have removed the Richmond crowd advantage, which imho now comes hugely into play.

Will be interesting to see how GWS go at selection - You'd think they'll pick Davis and Whitfield, but will both be right to get through unscathed?

Knowing nothing about having an appendix removed, is it just the external stitching that would be the concern or is there some internal recovery needed?

Just keyhole now I think, I'd imagine he'd be right to go.

If ruptured, open surgery in the main otherwise keyhole.

That said, physical activity should be restricted for at least four weeks to allow proper healing.

He will play.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 730 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:50 pm

I reckon all of the non-tiger attendee's will be barracking for GWS, they'll have more support at an away game than they ever have, this is primed for them to shine, they've bordered on it for a few years, they were poop in the latter part of the season and just fine tuned it perfectly.

GWS 16 points.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:51 pm

DOC wrote:

That said, physical activity should be restricted for at least four weeks to allow proper healing.

He will play.

Thanks DOC, we've been waiting for your diagnosis, you made zero sense but we're backing you in.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:56 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
DOC wrote:

He will play.

Thanks DOC, we've been waiting for your diagnosis, you made zero sense but we're backing you in.

DOC Peter Larkin?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby David Brent » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:59 pm

Some early thoughts around the injuries:

P Davis- Will get picked for sure being their C & other C & VC out injured (can't see Coniglio playing) Hoping he is carrying something which helps our strengths up front with Lynch & J Roo. If there is some doubt over Davis it may cause them to back Keefe in again & drop a Tomlison instead.

N Broad- If he doesn't come up this will be interesting. Either Ellis or K-Mac will go back the other will run the wing. With Cameron, Himmelberg & Finlayson in we will need Broad for structure badly. Never thought I'd say we needed him for a GF badly!

J Graham- Should be a straight swap for young Ross. We will miss Graham's tackling pressure more than people think. If Ross comes in his sole job will be to tackle, tackle & tackle.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby Trader » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:06 pm

I hope Broad plays, just so he grabs another photo with his medal and a member of the fairer sex post game.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby cossi11 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:22 pm

I think I would have preferred to play Collingwood this week as GWS are unknown and can produce brilliance with the team of stars they have, plus it would be brilliant to see Eddie cry his eyes out again on GF day at the hands of the tigers.

Since starting to regain players in the 2nd half of the season, Richmond have just continued to find a way to win. Geelong gave us a hiding in round 12 and we haven’t looked back since, the system and the process that is instilled in that team is so good and is the main driver of why they are there. Look at the game on Friday night and the qualifying final 2 weeks ago, Geelong and Brisbane all over them in the 1st quarter and a half and then Richmond have that period of dominance and control the game, they basically suffocated Brisbane and Geelong in a half of footy by restricting their scoring and capitalising on their own opportunities.

If Richmond are allowed to dominate long periods of the game this week then they will win with ease, if GWS can deny that, say restrict that control of the game to a quarter or less and apply scoreboard pressure at the same time they are every chance to win. They can’t let Richmond control the game for too long or it could get ugly.

Another thing I found amusing and makes me so proud to be a tigers fan is the little influence on the game that the bigger players had on Friday night, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Dusty, Edwards, Prestia, Grimes, Nankervis all had average games by their standards and Richmond still found a way to win. Just shows how evenly spread the team is and how hard they work for each other.

JR’s tap to Dusty in the 3rd quarter was unreal and really demonstrates how far he has come in terms of doing his bit for the team, whilst he ‘played like Dave Warner’ on Friday night (his words) he does so many little unselfish things that don’t get the recognition of kicking 5 goals and taking 10 marks like Lynch, but Lynch doesn’t kick 5 and have the night he has if JR doesn’t give him the space to do so, it all adds to the system.

#TIGERS2019
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby LMA » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:24 pm

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
DOC wrote:

He will play.

DOC Peter Larkin?

Yeah thanks, I thought a Norwood supporter would have been able to provide medical knowledge not a South one ;)

I'm your man for your Stevedoring related enquiries :)
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Corona Man » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:35 pm

Given the recent tradition of a former club great presenting the cup to the winning club, who will do the presentation should GWS salute, Issy Folau?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby JK » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:38 pm

LMA wrote:
JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
DOC wrote:

He will play.

DOC Peter Larkin?

Yeah thanks, I thought a Norwood supporter would have been able to provide medical knowledge not a South one ;)

I'm your man for your Stevedoring related enquiries :)

Got me covered mate, I’m not really good for anything .. Like, seriously ..
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Jim05 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:39 pm

Corona Man wrote:Given the recent tradition of a former club great presenting the cup to the winning club, who will do the presentation should GWS salute, Issy Folau?

Sheedy is doing it
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby hollywood7477 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:20 pm

GWS to win!!!
Greene norm smith and 1st goal
Cognilio, Whitfield and Greene in and I wish Lids was fit as I’d love to see him win one against his old side.
GWS have so many class players Kelly, Cameron, Whitfield, Taranto, Williams. De Boer to go to Dusty and shit him down. Expect he may play more fwd this week and try and get De Boer 1 on 1. Last time he played GWS he had 15 touches and got suspended.

I’d love to see GWS WIN and shut the tiger faithful up!!
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:55 am

#-o

Twelve months after experiencing Grand Final heartbreak, renowned umpire ‘Razor’ Ray Chamberlain is set to again be unleashed on the AFL’s biggest stage.
Foxfooty.com.au understands Chamberlain, the league’s most recognised umpire, is likely to officiate his second AFL Grand Final — and first since 2010 (he also umpired the replay that year) — this Saturday at the MCG.

Chamberlain’s appointment is expected to be confirmed at a press conference at AFL House on Tuesday morning.

He’s set to grace the MCG for Saturday’s Tigers-Giants clash alongside two of the AFL’s most decorated and experienced umpires in Matt Stevic and Shaun Ryan, who both umpired the 2018 Grand Final.

Remarkably, it’ll be Stevic’s seventh Grand Final in eight seasons, while Ryan is favoured to take part in his eighth.

Simon Meredith is expected to be named as the emergency umpire.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:01 am

Booney wrote:#-o

Twelve months after experiencing Grand Final heartbreak, renowned umpire ‘Razor’ Ray Chamberlain is set to again be unleashed on the AFL’s biggest stage.
Foxfooty.com.au understands Chamberlain, the league’s most recognised umpire, is likely to officiate his second AFL Grand Final — and first since 2010 (he also umpired the replay that year) — this Saturday at the MCG.

Chamberlain’s appointment is expected to be confirmed at a press conference at AFL House on Tuesday morning.

He’s set to grace the MCG for Saturday’s Tigers-Giants clash alongside two of the AFL’s most decorated and experienced umpires in Matt Stevic and Shaun Ryan, who both umpired the 2018 Grand Final.

Remarkably, it’ll be Stevic’s seventh Grand Final in eight seasons, while Ryan is favoured to take part in his eighth.

Simon Meredith is expected to be named as the emergency umpire.

Do they watch the replays?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:12 am

Watch when there's a shit bounce in the middle, they won't call it back. They keep stats on how many recalled bounces there are, avoid it by not calling it back, easy.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:49 am

Now there is a good reason to not watch the game
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:48 pm

Booney wrote:Watch when there's a shit bounce in the middle, they won't call it back. They keep stats on how many recalled bounces there are, avoid it by not calling it back, easy.

How shit is that. In the Prelim one went straight to Mumford, Grundy had no chance but no the reporting....ffs.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:51 pm

JK wrote:I have NFI on that one LMA, so I usually look to Booney for advice in such moments and am happy to run with his expert analysis.

Is that you Penbo?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:04 pm

DOC wrote:

He will play.

Just looked back to when Sloane had his out in late 2017. He had it out on a Tuesday (Aug 29) , Adelaide played GWS Thursday the week after ( Sep 7 - first week of finals - 10 days after the operation ) and Sloane didn't play.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:16 pm

Razor got the gig... sweet Jesus!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL