2019 Silly Season

Talk on the national game

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:19 pm

Josh Jenkins wants out of Adelaide and is willing to take a significant pay cut to find a new home in 2020.

As first reported by foxfooty.com.au on Wednesday morning, Jenkins and the Crows have mutually decided to part ways with two years remaining on his contract.

And it’s the size of that contract that could have been a sticking point for rival clubs, with an expected wage of approximately $600,000 per year across 2020 and 2021.

But Jenkins manager Paul Connors dispelled fears his client would seek a similarly lucrative contract elsewhere on Wednesday morning at the launch of AFL Trade Radio.

“The great thing about Josh is, he’s prepared to roll up his sleeves and go anywhere,” Connors said.

“He will take a significant pay cut as well to play. He won’t talk about it. Everything about him as an individual is outstanding.”

Jenkins confirmed his willingness to play football anywhere in 2020.

“We will go and play AFL footy anywhere,” The 30-year-old said.

“It’s a unique opportunity. I am not going to sit here and say I’d only play at three or four clubs.”

Jenkins also said he would be willing to play at the Crows next year if a trade can’t be orchestrated, while he sought to clear the air regarding reports of poor morale at the club.

“The reason I was voted into the leadership group is I stand up for what I feel is right,” he said.

“I guess that can be misconstrued as being combative or stepping outside the bounds. I just speak up for what is right and speak for those in the group or who don’t feel as comfortable in speaking.

“There is mixed emotions. We played in that Grand Final … We came out of it thinking we’d get a look at it for the next couple of years. “Things have really gone awry over in Adelaide. I’ve spent eight years and seven of the eight years have been fantastic.

“It is upsetting that it hasn’t unfolded better but it’s a brutal industry.

Jenkins accepted the club’s direction, which will also likely see other older players depart.

“You’d imagine the club would like to reinvigorate the list with youth,” he said.

“I still think I can play good footy at the level.”

Essendon champion Matthew Lloyd suggested Collingwood and Geelong would be a good fit for the 147-gamer.

Jenkins signed a five-year deal in July, 2016.

It’s unlikely the Cats — or any other club — would need to give up a high draft pick for him.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:23 pm

That’s what happens when you release sensitive in club material to the media
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:56 pm

If Geelong recruit this front running dud it confirms that our club has completely lost the plot. We have too many frontrunning marshmellows already in our side. All he could do is limit the development of Esava. Don't do it Cats!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:01 pm

Rohan roving to Jenkins

good luck stopping that
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 1433 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:05 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:If Geelong recruit this front running dud it confirms that our club has completely lost the plot. We have too many frontrunning marshmellows already in our side. All he could do is limit the development of Esava. Don't do it Cats!

regards,

REB

He could become a handy key back I reckon.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:08 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:If Geelong recruit this front running dud it confirms that our club has completely lost the plot. We have too many frontrunning marshmellows already in our side. All he could do is limit the development of Esava. Don't do it Cats!

regards,

REB

We already play eight backmen.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:18 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

regards,

REB

We already play eight backmen.

regards,

REB

The best one was on the Wing last I saw.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 1210 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:19 pm

Some of the best questions from Tom’s Wednesday trade blog.

Are the Swans going to have to pay overs to get Joe Daniher? He has hardly played in two years with no guarantee of immediate fitness.

Great point, what is ‘overs’? I sense the Swans are not willing to give up Pick 5. But what if they can split that selection with GWS for two picks in the teens? You're right, though. There is definitely uncertainty regarding his fitness and durability.

On the provision that Joey Daniher requests a trade, realistically what can Essendon expect back in a trade? Is two first-rounders too much? And in the possible event Essendon are not satisfied with the potential return, how likely are they to hold Joe to his contract?

One step at a time! I doubt Sydney would give up two first-rounders and not expect at least a second-rounder back in return. There are uncertainties around his body. Because he's contracted, the Dons can always hold him. But if he requests a trade as I expect he will, I can't see the Dons holding him. It might go late in the trade period though.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:36 am

Bum Crack wrote:
regards,
REB

That is ******* funny mate. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:31 am

There’s a “real chance” star forward Orazio Fantasia could still request a trade to a rival club, according to senior foxfooty.com.au reporter Tom Morris, with Port Adelaide circling “very hard” for him.

AFL Media reported earlier this year that Fantasia had indicated a desire to return home to South Australia at some stage in his career, with both the Power and Crows aware of his likely intentions.

The report was vehemently shut down by Essendon, but Morris revealed on Wednesday night that a Fantasia trade request this off-season was “not completely off the cards”.

Speaking on Fox Sports News’ AFL Tonight, Morris said it was “absolutely a watch this space with Fantasia”.

“Port Adelaide are circling very hard for him,” he told AFL Tonight.

“He hasn’t officially delivered a trade request yet, but it’s not completely off the cards.”

“He might be at Essendon next year, but I reckon there’s a real chance he’ll request a trade and Port Adelaide is at the front of the cue.”

Morris suggested it could be a “perfect way” for the Bombers to land contracted Port mid Sam Powell-Pepper, who’s received big interest from Essendon as it seeks an inside bull to add into the mix.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:38 am

So he will either be at Essendon or request a trade, wow what a genius you are Tom :)
Seriously how do these blokes keep their jobs
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:13 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:The best one was on the Wing last I saw.

**** sake. :evil:

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:53 pm

Has Fantasia parted ways with his manager?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:07 pm

Booney wrote:Has Fantasia parted ways with his manager?

Yes he has. Is looking at going over to Paul Connors I believe
Jim05
Coach

Postby DOC » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:04 am

According to his father, Joe Daniher is staying at Essendon.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:25 am

DOC wrote:According to his father, Joe Daniher is staying at Essendon.

And 2 days before Michael Hibberd put in a transfer request to the Dees his father said he was staying at Essendon.
Joe could have put all this speculation to bed by coming out and saying he is staying and is not interested in playing for Sydney
Jim05
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:52 pm

Jim05 wrote:

And 2 days before Michael Hibberd put in a transfer request to the Dees his father said he was staying at Essendon.
Joe could have put all this speculation to bed by coming out and saying he is staying and is not interested in playing for Sydney

He plays? Almost Daniel Wells level of sideline action.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:56 pm

Jim05 wrote:

didn't tippett come out and say he wanted to go home to Queensland??? He'll be a swan next year :?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:06 pm

The Herald Sun reported on Thursday night that Jenkins was prepared to sign a new deal with a base wage as low as $200,000.

Jenkins this week said he had been thinking about a trade “for a while” and recognised he may have to take a significant pay cut for the right job.

“Yeah if that’s what it takes to land at the right club — I’ve got no qualms with that,” Jenkins said at the launch of AFL Trade Radio.

“I’m still going to make enough to get by from day to day so I just really want the opportunity to play footy at a good club and a club that values me for what I can bring to the table.

“So we’ll see what happens.”
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:24 pm

oh salty! LOL
MW
Coach